Dear Sup Forums: I can't believe I missed out on the whole Bitcoin thing. I did hear about it 7 years ago...

Dear Sup Forums: I can't believe I missed out on the whole Bitcoin thing. I did hear about it 7 years ago. I remember telling friends and family about it. But I didn't listen to myself. If I had put all my savings into it back when it first came out, I would have over a billion dollars right now. Even if I had invested (or gambled) just $100, that would be worth $25 million.

What is the hot new thing to invest in right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsonline.com/lamborghini-bitcoin-saddington/
venturebeat.com/2017/12/15/moonlambos-sells-lamborghinis-for-bitcoin-to-help-the-gilded-cryptocurrency-generation-spend-its-windfall/
youtube.com/watch?v=yY86vH7z9qA
rt.com/business/414342-bitcoins-used-buy-things/
itsblockchain.com/top-25-crypto-coins-to-buy-in-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping for answers

You missed the train, bro

Yeah... that's what I said.

So what does the next train look like? And don't tell me "there isn't a next one"

You’ll know the next train when you’re talking all smug to friends and family, urging them to invest in the next internet crackpot scheme.

My boyfriend has around 80 bitcoins that he no longer can access, he offered half to anyone who can help him pull them out but nobody managed to do that. So that sucks.

I'm in the exact same boat, user... I could be fuckin' retired by now... At 26... Nope. I fucked up. FUCK.

It's not too late, we'll just find the next "thing" and maybe we can both retire in 5-10 years.

I still don't think bitcoin is going to be uber main stream. If anything, as many people have pointed out, it will be used more as a platform for real companies/banks to build off of. Many banks are investing into blockchain development now and if they come up with something similar, there will be little to no point of bitcoins.

>What is the hot new thing to invest in right now?
The moment you hear it, it will be too late. too many people are looking for such an opportunity and pump any coin that's out there.

bitcoin was once in a lifetime opportunity because it was something totally new and there were many shittalkers in the early days who warned that bitcoin is hackable and that bitcoin is basically a scam

>next train look like
there will be no next train (totally new form of currency of some form that develops over 8 years).

>there will be little to no point of bitcoins.
sure. tell me more about banks and decentralized open source structures.

alone bitcoins codebase is extremely valuable and multiple currencies take it from there.

So you're saying it's impossible to invest money get get more back in return, that can't be done ever and it's hopeless?

Maybe I can't make a billion dollars, but if I can find something even 20% as successful as Bitcoin, a $10 investment would grow to $500,000. Bitcoin shot up 27,500% at it's peak, even a fraction of that success would make someone very wealthy.

You can still invest in bitcoin right now.

It might not be as lucrative as it was a few years ago, but it's still climbing. Everybody who says "bitcoin is a bubble ready to pop" is delusional. Every time it dropped in the past, it went up right after.

so far

The thing is, bitcoin is pretty secure, despite its volatility. That's the nature of cryptocurrency.

I'd say it's impossible. You could find something with high potential but you'd have to be working in that project from the beginning. What Winklvoss brothers did was to meet most important people around bitcoin and get as much information as possible. That's where their certainty came from.

Imagine doing that amount of work for some investment you'd like to make and simultaneously hearing that it's a scam or how it was recently hacked.

Alsmost nobody (with the intent to grow money) would say that it's worth their time.

I think that there are many coins or tokens or other stuff that can produce 500% over the next 3-4 years, but 27,500 in that situation right now is impossible

You should all just check out penny stocks and pump up demand for those, buy some stocks, then sell when people get stupid enough to buy into it. It's how these things work. If you want in on the next "big thing" just dump $100 into every new idea out there. You'll hit it big eventually and if you get one of those 25000% increases, it doesn't matter how much you blew in the past, you'll be over compensated.

One word: Ripple

So it's impossible to put money away and have it grow?

>You'll hit it big eventually and if you get one of those 25000% increases
Sounds like gambling. Maybe instead of buying a lotto ticket every week, I should buy a penny stock. Probably better odds of winning the lotto anyway.

one word: centralized

blockchain is what's valuable, not bitcoin, and as a third party open source development, there is nothing proprietary about it. Bitcoin is a bubble worse than tulips and it is going to blow up. If it doesn't blow up on it's own, governments will either crush it or come up with something similar that will be more attractive than bitcoin because of the regulation.

>So it's impossible to put money away and have it grow?
are you retarded? i said 500% are reasonable over a few years but you you won't find anything with 27,500% growth potential over say 8 years

one word: get a job

This.
If you still want to make money on it, pump up more demand for it amongst the normies then sell it when it gets to a certain level. Either that or learn to day trade, it's all the same crap and with day trading you could make even more than just leaving your money in it. Come on people.

missed it like everyone else, but why be sad when i can be glad when people are going bankrupt due to bitcoin falling down and down and down and down. =)

Yes I am retarded, why do you think I am here?
This is Sup Forums, isn't it?

how do you want to regulate a decentralized currency?
I want to pay 100$ in bitcoin right now to pay for sth there is almost no way somebody could stop me

one word: i work remotely and don't work today retardo

you da man

I mean for example the US fed would have a similar digital cash that is centralized and regulated.

Dont Pay into bitcoin. There are other crypto currencies.

Bitcoin is outdated technology and its value is tied to nothing but market perception.

There are other cryptocurrencies that actually have a use and value.

Microsofts new one for example is tied to data blocks in a network which companies in the future will use for software. When that happens the value will go up as essentially they will need to lease or buy your share in order to.use the network.

>better odds THAN winning the lotto
whoops

Bitcoin is overrated

OP here, I agree. It's probably going down to $0.00

I heard about Bitcoin first when 1BTC was about 300 USD.
>not interested
Last time I checked 1BTC = 19000 USD.
>still not interested

So Bitcoin has a limited amount of coins that there will ever be yet many are lost like this. I see another coin over taking BC in the near future.

Yeah. Just try to sell your 100$ investment for 20 millions. Just try....

Ripple was .75 just a few days ago now over $2 so yeah it will go up a little more. Cheaper and faster transactions

>Next time you check
0.05 USD

Real reply from a whale.

Bitcoin will fall to 10800-9000-7000 range. From yesterday, you should be awake for the next 48h.

Margin trading can make you absurd gains when you'll long it.

BTC will always be around. But there is others like you show that's coming. Things are changing you can make some money if you try

last year I traded all my 3bitcons for an milspec cs:go skin

Just figure out what companies that are worth investing in

>I can totally predict a volatile market guise
fuck off

Even if you did, nothing has been produced and bit coin isn't worth anything until you sell it for something that is (i.e., cash). Wyatt do you think the odds are you'd get your billion if you tried to sell it off, having out a mere thousand(?) into the market?

Well, some guys were trading Lamborghinis for Bitcoin. I suppose one could make the trade, and sell the Lambo's for cash. You would probably lose a bunch of money along the way and have to pay taxes on what's left. Basically just buy inflated assets such as cars and houses and sell quick for cash.

So far turned 10K into almost 500k just this year. Hoping to be at the 2-3mil mark by end of 2019.

Nice, do you plan to keep going after you reach that goal? Or do you think 2-3 mil is enough

3 mil gets you $50,000 every year for he next 60 years. You basically don't need more than this amount.

>you heard, "some guys were trading Lamborghinis"
This never happened. And selling the car isn't the problem. It's selling altens-of-millions with of bitcoins when your buy-in was $1,000. Because, again, nothing was actually produce

Ha. Getting so greedy. Enjoy your bubble burst boys, when it's worth $5,000 because you got greedy and waited too long. See, Dutch Tulip Mania.

bitsonline.com/lamborghini-bitcoin-saddington/

venturebeat.com/2017/12/15/moonlambos-sells-lamborghinis-for-bitcoin-to-help-the-gilded-cryptocurrency-generation-spend-its-windfall/

youtube.com/watch?v=yY86vH7z9qA

Literally 2 seconds google search

Well isn't your face red!

rt.com/business/414342-bitcoins-used-buy-things/

bump

bump

I want this fucking dumbass to respond

>the reason why you will stay broke
dont ask for advise on how to "get lucky on the next bubble" you moron, why dont you read a book on investing?

I never said I was broke you moron, I have a job an that put me ahead of most of the retards on this site. Just because I am not rich does not mean I am broke. Why don't you recommend me a book on investing? There are literally hundreds, which one is right?

Nope, I hit that and I exit at least 90%. Would like to keep 10% in to see if I can regrow that seed. Also, 2mil(I will pay taxes, pointless to try and fuck it off and end up in court or jail) At 6-8% annual return, which is not hard to get, will give me 100+K per year for 40+ years. I Won't be alive by the time it runs out..so will work for me. !00K+ per year is plenty for me.

Fingers crossed and hoping this game keeps going for a few more years.

Dude, this shit could tank 98% and I am still in profit. But it won't.

have a try at JSEcoin (new and easy farmeable yet , going to be harder when popularized)

here is a link to mine some using web browser , with referal to get some free JSE

jsecoin com/o/?a=44510

Go back to stocks you big fucking idiot

Okay, which ones? You think you're smarter than me, you gonna tell me you made millions from Bitcoin and provide no evidence to back up your claims like a typical faggot? Come at me bro

Why so much anger on this board

>Why so much anger on this board

Dude, this is the gathering place of the have not's and those that cannot see past their own misfortune. Ignore the them they same way they are ignored by those in their lives. Hell for most even their moms cringe when they are forced to hug them and if their dads are still around they just hang their head in shame at what they produced.

Thanks user

are you talking about yourself user?

am I the only one who doesn't know what the fuck bitcoin even is or what it does or how to invest in it

Nope, I said most, not all. I am not part of the most.

No you are not alone. You are just too lazy to use Google to learn shit. Like the others like you that make you not alone in your laziness.

>I am not part of the most.
But every one of us thinks this way. Are you certain?

Hmm...lemme think. I get laid weekly by a hot woman, got a job that pays me 80K a year, have my own place and don't live in filth or out of my bedroom, not socially handicapped..

Yep, I am pretty certain.

Why didn't you make a billion dollars with Bitcoin tho?

This thread is about Bitcoin.

fuck this spamcoin thread

>laid weekly
>not daily

how do you get by with so little

Invest in ripple, verge, and tronix

And nobody retires from it.
You can't sell the shit at market value, and the moment you try selling any large amount at one time doing so drops the price.
A few people made a good profit, but nothing life chhanging, and a handful if giant holders made millions.
End of story

Thanks user!

I am at almost 500K, on my way to my 1st million. I don't need a billion.

What is you job?

The thing is, if he reads a book about investing, there is a 99% chance that crypto is the most important part...

Do you regret not buying lottery tickets when a big pot is won by someone in your town? You whole life is filled with could haves, why dwell on it.

There's a few with potential to x10~x50 your investment. But it's all a gamble, just like BTC was, and you need to set a goal before you dive in. Buy in for max X, and sell when it reaches X pricepoint.
itsblockchain.com/top-25-crypto-coins-to-buy-in-2018/
XRP has good outlooks. Bought for 100€, now worth 1100€.

What? Where?

I want 40 Bitcoins

how come?

>Selling a bag in one sale

They ain't how you do it, you sell individual or small amounts of coins and partial coins continuously..all day, and keep doing so until you are done. That behavior does not tank a market....huge dumps do. Someone is always selling and buying, you just slip into the flow of trading traffic. You don't cause a jam/accident and stop traffic.

>it's all a gamble
This makes sense. Even with all the experts and their university degrees, any random dumbass can put money in the right place at the right time and win the Wall Street Lottery. Fuck experts, fuck learning, just put $10 on everything!

I work for a rather large well known software company. I am an analyst. Wfh, can do this shit at the same time, pretty awesome gig. I feel very fortunate. Especially considering I am a high school dropout and never went to college. Not a kid, and know that if I tried to do that today it would be harder. But I am not stupid thankfully and have some innate skills and have been able to make the most of some poor choices as a kid.

That's the point. There's all these tards thinking they're millionaires, and the reality is they can get a small weekly allowance until the whales tank the market.
It's not currency, because you can't buy anything with it regardless of much people screech that 7 things have been paid for in the past.

Anyone with substantial amounts usually is part of multiple exchanges, they spread it out and increase weekly payout draw points. Which at most(max verified withdraw) are like 50-70k per week, so 250-280k or so a month. Pull a mil out, can take a 4 months. But there are other options that can increase that and other means to sell the coins so yeah you can get your cash. People do it. And the drops here at the end of this month have been because people are cashing out at year end. Remember, this is global, not USA centric, other laws and considerations can be applied and for some need to be considered depending on where they are from.

Read the fine print user

dont feel bad op i sold out when the price hit 9k and sold all mine for around 112k did buy some rent houses in some nice neighborhoods so have some nice income but still wish i wouldve kept it

lol..very fleshed out response. Why don't you just state it?

XRP ripple that shit is the new bit coin

Wait, you sold and got your cash? And then used it to invest in more traditional investments. But says that ain't possible...what magic did you use?

There's a good chance if you bought bitcoin back when it was a few dollars you would have sold when it shot up to 100, or when it shot up to 10000, so don't be so hard on yourself. The next train is crypto currencies, but you risk losing a lot because most crypto currencies are shit coins that wont go anywhere. Doesn't mean you can't make money off them just buy and sell don't try and hold hoping they get you a million dollars.

All you Bitcoin beggars could be getting as much money as you want for free and getting rich on day trading. I wrote a guide, here: pastebin com / 1TKmYQ13

Maybe I can help. Been in the game for years, a close friend of mine has made millions and is tight with some of the famous bitcoin faces.

[email protected]

Ripple is going to make us rich if we buy now

why does people say you can t cash out bitcoin, you can sell your bitcoins for cash on localbitcoins.com, easiest way of cashing them out I think.

well not literally cash but you can cash it out when you get money transferred to your bank account!

Same here bro. I heard about it when it was 3 USD and thought I am too late.
Then around 300 I bought some.

Over the 2017 I did trading and earned some more. And then lost everything. 50 BTC lost.

>And then lost everything.

Just how the fuck do you lose everything with this years market?