Is 1060 6gb on par with an rx 580 8gb?

is 1060 6gb on par with an rx 580 8gb?

ive seen that some games already use almost 6gb and this system should be futureproof for larger displays

Look up benchmarks and compare. Also, the size of the display is irrelevant.

gtfo the resolution you plan on playing your game at is entirely relevant

YOU gtfo. He said the size of the display, not the resolution faggot.

i have a 580 8gb and it works fine, my friend has a 1060 6gb and it works fine. from personal experience, they are similar enough where you should probably just get whatever is cheaper.

>800x600
>windowed mode
gtfo faggot

He didn't say resolution, tardmaster.

>2018
>Getting gpu with less than 8gb
Shiggy

res if the display, yeh
currently fullhd, maybe going to wqhd

bigger monitor = higher resolution
" futureproof for larger displays"
Resolution of 2018 "best monitors"

3840 x 1600 3440 x 1440 1920 x 1080 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440 2560 x 1440 1920 x 1080 2560 x 1440 1920 x 1080 3840 x 2160

Got a GTX 1080 Ti. All the future proofing I need

>Thinks they are talking about actual screen size
>OK Beast

Both of them are not future proof fam
Get a 1080 ti that's the most future proof thing you can get. 2560x1440 over 90 fps probably and 4K at 50 and higher (depends on game)

i still have a 5770

QQ

Hey, if OP wasn't such a tard, he would have said " ...for higher resolution displays" not "...for larger displays"

Both of you are buttlords.

battle toads?

I game on a 4k and I've never seen it drop below 60 FPS with any 2016/2017 game on Ultra settings.

>futureproof
Leave and never return you retard

it's probably better to buy a 1060 6gb,it's cheaper than the rx 580 mostly and from the benchmarks i saw the 580 is only a bit better,the cheapest model of the 1060 is the msi dual fan one that's for 310$ while the 580 goes most cheaply for 400$.

Anything that can stay top tier fir at least 2 years is "future proof" edgelord.

You mean with the 1080 ti right? Or with the 1060 lol. My processor is terrible that's probably why my frames are a bit lower

2 years is future proof.
Theyev got you losers eating corn from their hands

the hardware gets updated
nothing is future proof
if you think so you're just ignorant

the real question is would it be better to but a new 1060 6gb or a used 1070 for a bit more

what are signs for motherboard failure? mine didbt detect all ram and then i couldnt startup at all as if the cpu is broken
no post, beep and such

Used 1070 since it's still a 1070 and therfore better, unless the 1070 was used for mining then it might already be on the verge of dieing

Sounds like your ram is ded fgt. Git gud

If you can't even get into the bios then your board is ded or your RAM

take all the exxtra sticks out and just try starting it with one stick in it

I was clearly making the point that the term future proof is ridiculous, yet PC MASTER RACERS get off on it

i was clearly agreeing with you

1080 Ti
Core i7 8700k

He mad his PC is garbage

i do wonder, i didnt know mobos didnt start up when bad memory is detected. i used it in dualchannel for like a year now and never ran into any issues. it started with my cpu switch to an 4790k, and after a few boots it was performing worse and worse
then i had a good round of bf1 while watching temperatures but it never hit a critical number

Sounds like motherboard fucking died from incorrect ram mixing or something.

You can fry your motherboard that way, had friends do it.

>owning anything amd in your rig

thats the thing, i never had any issues with my ram until i switched cpu

Well if the problems only began when switching CPU, switch back to the old one if you still have it and see if it works.

If it starts up fine and dandy your new CPU must be shot, time for refund.

budget

Spotted the autistic fag.

Context you dumb cunt.

TBH the new cards should be coming out in spring. Get you a 1050ti for now and grab the 1100 series when it comes out. Get the top one you can afford and you're futureproofing right there.

>Laughs in Titan

i fucking loved mine. using 760 now. lol