Where were you when this team made the most brilliant move in draft history...

Where were you when this team made the most brilliant move in draft history, securing a storied QB and ensuring long term success?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i was in the hospital trying to get muy sides repaired from all the repeated damage the burrs inflicted upon them

An alternate universe?

My dyslexia just taught me that "storied" anagrams to "steroid".

Nice near quads

Fashioning my noose desu

What is desu? What does that mean? Is it an acronym?

>passing on a future hall of famer for a meme qb

As a Packers fan I am ecstatic. Deshaun Watson will lead the Texans to a superb owl within five years, which I'm okay with. It will be cool to see JJ Watt get a ring.

whatever picks the bears give away will probably be NFL hall of famers with multiple rings while Trubisky becomes this years equivalent of Jared Goff.

OP here. Fie, I say fie! Trubs was drafted higher, therefore he is a superior quarterback then Desahun. In fact, not even Aaron Rodgers was drafted as high, so it won't be long now till we're the champs and you lose every year. Praise kek

As a lfe long Bears fan, I can confirm that this is the truth.

>get best white QB in draft
>give up nothing but 3rds and a 4th
>chefs and toxins give up a 1st each and get the leftovers

go back to plebbit

THANK YOU BASED BEARS

THANK YOU FOR WINNING THE DRAFTB OWL

WE ALL KNOW PACE DRAFTS ALL HIS QUALITY IN THE 1ST 2ND AND 5TH
OUR 3RD AND FOURTHS FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS ARE IRRELEVANT

TOMORROW WE WILL BE BUDDA BLESSED
AND THE MONSTERS OF MIDWAY AND OUR NEW JIM MCMAHON ARE BACK!!!!!

THAT FUCKINF FEEL WHEN DA BURRS WIN DA SUPERB OWL

THAT FUCKING FEEL

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this......this actually made me feel better. thanks user

Mitchy Biscuits

I LIKE EM

That means they were likely trying to get that 2nd overall pick too. It just would have cost them much more.

Its like the bears want to be the 2000's lions so bad.

it's a QB league

you aren't winning shit without one so you may as well take a gamble to try and get a good one

burrs bros remember where you were when we drafted Whiskey Trubisky.
>tfw pro bowl as a rookie
>tfw playoffs second year
>tfw superb owl
cant wait tbqh

Why do Packers and Texans get along so well? Or maybe it's just me, Packers are my #2 all day

Houston is known as a gay haven

it's where brokeback was filmed

Packers fans love Houston because of JJ. Plus it's team that's hard to hate - the Texans didn't exist 20 years ago so there's not a lot of bad blood or rivalries between any teams.

I don't understand how da burrs traded the 2nd draft pick. Why would the 49ers accept that offer?

they were getting other/lesser offers from the other teams that drafted QB

idk why they accepted only 3rd and 4ths

Most likely they knew the Bears were going for Trubisky and since they weren't, they saw it as an opportunity to move down literally one spot which would not change their pick, and in the meantime it got them a few more picks further down the road.

It makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation f*m

then why did the bears do the trade? 9ers weren't gonna pick him so i just don't get the trade at all

The 49ers could have drafted him and they also could have traded to another team that would have. I'm not saying it was a great deal by any means but it's not as ludicrous as some make it seem. They must have been in love with him.

you're fucking delusional

I'll concede this is true - in one neighborhood.

thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. from my end it's that rogers is my favorite QB to watch play (this also makes a lot of sense, for multiple reasons)

Based on how the other qbs moved during this draft
it was highly likely 49ers were getting endless calls and offers from those same teams that drafted qb
they dangled that in front of the bears along with them wanting the other picks (that they got)
bears bit
and the memes were had

Someone tell me, why did they pay Glennon all that money?

What does this mean for Glennon?
Do the Bears even have a good QB coach?

>Do the Bears even have a good QB coach?
dowell loggains the oc. hes been a qb coach for the past 7 years

I see, I hope he does good things for Trubisky

they had a lot to spend and they wanted a able body to stand in for the next year or two or three until... obviously, now for Turbisky to develop (but if that wasnt the case it would be for whatever other young QB they drafted to develop)

shit was just unexpected based on predraft EVERYTHING

only qb talk with Bears prior was from the fans
begging for Watson

the draft was supposed to be bpa/fill our dire need who was Adams, safety

Mike is only guaranteed 18 mil. So likely he's either starting or losing his spot to Trib and would be an 18 mil backup like Caep was at 19m

for sure. he made hoyer the destroyer look good so hopefully he can work something out with trubisky.

I don't really follow handegg but hasn't it been proven time and time again now that white QBs are the truth and black QBs are memes? I don't really see why people are so upset about this pick, I would be more upset if they took the black QB.

>want Trubisky to get his time to develop so he isn't ruined forever
>also want to see our shiny new QB play right away

Most of his guaranteed money is in the 1st year. He probably starts this year (at least the first few weeks) and hopefully Trubisky is ready to start in 2018. Then they either keep him as an overpaid backup or cut him at little cost

White QBs can be good or bad while black QBs are all memes. Just because he's not a guaranteed meme it doesn't mean he's going to be good.

>all that money

You really don't know what actual franchise QB's make do you? His contract is literally a bridge QB to play while they develop a franchise QB, who they literally think they drafter tonight. No one knows at all if Trubisky will pan out or not but people questioning signing Glennon and drafting Trubisky are probably out of town stupid. Glennon was never seen as a long term QB answer and there are plenty of very quality secondary players that will be there when the Bears draft tomorrow.

Anyone shocked isn't paying attention.

>also want to see our shiny new QB play right away

But Mike Glennon will be starting to it's ok senpai

>starts only 13 games in his entire college career
>turned down in his sophomore year for a sack of shit who didn't even get drafted last year
>his college coaches decided to keep the sack of shit in while Tru-bust-sky was ready and waiting
>NFL scouts STILL fall for the size and arm strength meme and rank him highly after the disasters in the past
>dumb fucks in Chicago pawn off multiple high round picks to move up one fucking spot in a swap with a team who didn't want a QB anyways
>they pick the worst QB available
>after paying Glennon starter money

Watson is better. Mahomes is better. I'd rather have Kayaa and Kizer too. How the fuck did they fall for this? How stupid are the bears staff?

>>they pick the worst QB available
dude youre right the bears should have gone with a nigger or peterman

>lets pick the worst prospect
>the literal equivalent of $wag Kelly
>because of his skin color

I wish the NFL had tiered leagues and relegation so your shit franchise could be replaced with one deserving of being in the NFL.

This really was a mindblowingly bad pick. One of the worst I've ever seen.

He'll start all 16 games as a rookie. It's just the way the league is. Rookies don't sit anymore.

>judging a draft pick the night of the draft

How can people be this stupid? You won't know for years. You aren't a scout and you don't know shit.

And when they do, its a horrible decision. Look at Goff last season. No playing time to develop at all. He sat and watch Keenum meme his way around the field before ownership forced Fisher to put him in.

yuo cant kno guise we litrally cnt wach tayp n lern

This is a mind blowingly dumb statement. You can't judge a draft until at least 3 years out. Even Dak might wind up getting exposed as the no read progression carried by running game meme that he is in the next couple of years.
There's no right or wrong way to do it other than that quarterback's maturity level and the pieces around him. Goff sucked, Bortles struggled, Carr was a GOAT, Matt Ryan was great, Rodgers and Steve McNair benefitted from sitting and learning while other QB's who sat never developed into anything. There's literally no consistent method and it's all dependent on the player themself and the team and coaching around them.

As for the Bears? They have a real strong running game, above average offensive line and could probably use Glennon to try to help develop Kevin White and Daniel Braverman. They can sit Trubisky this year, pick up some receiver help in free agency next offseason and add a franchise left tackle in the draft and set him up for massive success in the future. They're playing the long game here which is also why I wouldn't be surprised if they spend a mid round pick on Butt from Michigan.

I know you're autistic but I know you haven't watched any tape. Your opinion means nothing.

waste of quad trips

>setting up for the long game by literally burning 4 draft picks

>You can't judge a draft until at least 3 years out.
You fucking inept faggot, you can judge the quality of a draft pick within the context of the current event. The trade they made to move up one spot was bad. The QB is unproven to say the absolute least. They just signed Glennon to starter money. Stop trying to push this meme that "wait and see" is the only logical way to assess a draft, it makes absolutely no fucking sense.

I agree, we should delete sports boards since discussing trades, picks, and personnel changes isn't an exact science.

oh no a couple 3rd and 4th round picks got traded.

The Chiefs gave up a shitload more to get Mahomes and the Texans gave up a shitload more to get Watson. The Eagles gave up a shitload more last year to get Wentz and everyone thinks that was a great move. And you could easily argue the Eagles had as many holes as the Bears do when they made that move.

The 49ers were going to trade out regardless. So how is it bad to move up to make sure you get the guy you identified as the best QB on the board instead of leaving it to chance to let the Browns or someone else jump in front of you and take the guy you want? They gave up less than Houston or the Chiefs did and they got to take exactly who they wanted instead of whoever was still on the board. It's completely worth what they traded to secure the guy they wanted.

Fair point, but none of those teams dropped $18 mill on a stand-in either. Nor did they draft untested QB's. Granted Trubisky had a solid season last year, but not to the same level Watson or Mahomes did. In addition, Wentz fell apart mid season because the team failed to commit to other parts of the game as you pointed out. Meanwhile, Bradford enjoyed a record breaking season over at Minnesota. In short, it isn't the worst draft pick of all time, but it wasn't the best fucking move either.

This is the worst meme of the night. I hope you realize how fucking stupid you sound.

Fuck no. Best defense wins it all. Also he has a shit deep ball. Bear just drafted another Cutler 2.0

They went up one spot. The 49ers never wanted a QB.

blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

lol

Oh yeah, we need to get another tight end because we gave Martellus Bennet to the Pats. Oh and we got rid of Alshon and Brandon Marshall.

Things are looking up!

>2 worst locker room cancers in bears history
>an overweight, oft-injured jump ball receiver who they didn't let walk, he left in free agency
Bro, are you a lions fan or something? You dumb as hell son.

Why did they trade up? I don't understand it at all.

They wanted Trubisky bad and teams that wanted QBs were getting them last night. There were almost certainly a few teams also trying to get that spot but I guess the 49ers didn't want to drop down too far in the first this year.

i thought the very same thing last night...I hate the niners

All for naught.

Mike Glennon is the real deal.

>Martellus Bennett
Good riddance. That piece of shit did nothing but complain.

Someone of Chicago's sports media should seriously ask if Pace has a bladder condition, and if the reason he keeps giving slots away to trade up on draft days year after year is his strong demand to step out of Halas Hall's draft room to pee.

If you know anything about the bears you know they fuck every draft up. You might as well take a chance on some literally who

this
there were probably 3 other teams trying to trade for the pick. it really was a win/win for the bears and $(ers. the $(ers got the 3rd pick and some change; the burrs got their preferred qb.

I was in reality laughing at the bears horrible decision making

Texans fan here.

Only team I hate more than the Titans are the packers.

Mainly because Rodgers is a douchebag and they have the most obnoxious fans in the NFL.

I mean more than the packers are the titans.

Fuck Tennessee. Fucking methhead team thieves.

>Fuck Tennessee. Fucking methhead team thieves.
so houston represents all that is good and right in america?

fuck you douche for not knowing what desu means

desu desu desu desu

The safest answer is that in my room masturbating

Where were you when da bers overpaid shit qb Glennon, and then draft a meme qb?

>tfw your team didn't move up to draft mediocre QBs in the 1st round

>bogus rape charges make your pick fall right to you

eating beef sandwich with au jus dripping on to my shirt

Why the fuck do i live in Illinois out of all short states in this country

Chicago fans are so spoiled, I remember they were bitching the same way when they signed Josh Bullocks in 2009 and he turned out to be an all pro.

your memory is fucked or something because that dude was nowhere near ever being all pro in any form

I consider myself a college football fan and I had never heard of Trubisky before draft hype. In that regard he reminds me of Blaine Gabbert. If a dude at a P5 conference is truly NFL-calibur, you should be hearing about him a lot at the NCAA level first.

I was joking. Sorry reddit.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

>Reddit-americans

because they look at JJ Watt being a douchebag roiding hardo and see Clay Matthews

>making shitty spacious analogies

this guy will be gone in less than 2 years. Glennon will get injured and they will be forced to play him.

>most obnoxious fans
>not vikings

Cuck confirmed

at least we've got Glennon for at least this year.

he'll probably be just fine, and this dude who's barely played at college level can stay far away from the field while he learns what a hard count is.

it could be worse, we could still have Jay

Trubisky showed up to a bulls game and got booed. It's going to be worse than cutler when he faceplants.

Chicago is a terrible sports city.

I don't blame them, everyone knows Pace fucked up.

Pls stay there are already enough of you cucks moving to AZ shitting it up

I'm pretty fucking excited about big game Mitch