This isn't nearly as bad as everyone made it seem

This isn't nearly as bad as everyone made it seem.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKuGAB9wzXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope the monster cinematic universe is good. The Mummy sounds promising.

I liked it desu. Looking forward to the monster universe they're continuing with apparently.

>The Mummy
I have no idea why they would do a hard reboot of this and why they would cast Tom Cruise who, for some reason well beyond me, has made some sort of resurgence with people actually seeming to like him. Cruise is not only fucking older than Frasier but also a bad actor.

Why not just pick up with their son? Perfectly good thread to run with instead of rebooting a series that's just
>look it up
>17 fucking years old
Jesus Christ.

Still don't feel good about a reboot, though. Especially not with the Scientologist Paragon at the head of it.

It's decent.

>Tfw we'll have to wait forever to see the inevitable Monster Squad styled movie

I think it's more based off the darker classic instead of the recent one, which was actually quite loose of a remake.

It's good.

I know where you're coming from with Cruise as far as being too old to play the part as Brendan played it and being wacked out on a cult, but the man's a pretty phenomenal actor in my opinion.

Tropic Thunder alone should have pocketed him an Oscar. In the course of one scene, you see him go from heartless corporate Hollywood, to dancing buffoon, to the fucking Devil himself, and it's perfectly carried off.

everyone said it was ok. cheesy and underdeveloped in some areas but ok

>but also a bad actor.

this is false. He's one of the most charismatic actors of the last 30 years. Only he and Arnold can make a movie work just by being in it.

>cringeworthily bad attempts at "humanizing" Vlad
>retarded superpowers
>burned by sunlight
>burned by silver
>muh love story
>not enough kebab removed
>cutting Samantha Barks

Shit movie. I hope their new Universalverse crashes and burns.

>cringeworthily bad attempts at "humanizing" Vlad
in what way was it bad or cringeworthily?
>retarded superpowers
those powers where awesome. The hand may have been too much but overall on the lore
>burned by sunlight
>burned by silver
and?
>muh love story
its his wife.
>cutting Samantha Barks
baba yaga would not really fit and would needlessly overload the movie.

>>cringeworthily bad attempts at "humanizing" Vlad
what was cringeworthy about it?
>>retarded superpowers
>>burned by sunlight
>>burned by silver
it sounds like you don't like vampires in general...
>>muh love story
who hurt you, user? was it nobody?
>>not enough kebab removed
good job, now there's no movie

>Why not just pick up with their son?
That was the plan or The Mummy 4, 5, and 6 until Tomb of the Dragon Emperor didn't make enough money.

The 10 episode Dracula miniseries was better.

nah. in that he was too much without sin, overall plot was not very interesting and it liked to spin its wheels

I mean, the movies he's been casted in lately are pretty good. I think people just don't give a shit about an actors personal life anymore.

The fuck are you going on about? Cruise is one of those few actors that has proven to carry movies.

I think if you look at it as a castlevania movie instead, it takes the heavy load off positing that this is a serious adaptation of a classic character and pretty much a paint by numbers, brain unplugged, action movie

Apparently this movie bothered Turks and there were protests about how it was racist.

I haven't seen it myself but humanizing Vlad is kind of dumb since he basically made a living shoving sticks up peoples asses.

Hence "The Impaler" portion of his name.

He's ridden with the guilt of that, being driven to it buy being raised a child soldier. He walks away from the whole soldiering thing and becomes a prince of peace to the point where his people have no standing army because he's so fucking done with killing people

well fuckem. Turks in Germany also protested German government saying armenian genocide may have happened.

>in what way was it bad or cringeworthily?
>lel I impaled forests of people to save lives, I'm actually a nice guy, I hope the audience finds me a likable and relatable protagonist to carry a franchise.

>those powers where awesome
I'm not surprised you both can't spell and think retarded over the top superpowers for Dracula are "awesome".

>and?
Dracula is not burned by sunlight nor silver.

>its his wife.
Yeah that's what I said.

>baba yaga would not really fit and would needlessly overload the movie.
It sounds like some dicks needlessly overloaded your asshole because that's the faggiest thing I've read all night.

>good job, now there's no movie
>add in more parts of him removing kebab
>now there's no movie
>literally add more movie and that means there's no movie

Does your handler know you got access to a computer?

are you saying using fear tactics on your enemy is bad? They raped him as a kid, they deserved to die.

>Yeah that's what I said.
Jusztina Szilágyi.

>add in more parts of him removing kebab
it becomes cheap kingdom of heaven, yay
>lel I impaled forests of people to save lives
people came to steal your kids and you think putting them on the pick is bad? Does a hero not being a blank slate trigger you?

>castlevania
Had to google this, turns out it was some videogame shit.

No wonder people itt like it, it's not something for people that love film. It's time to go back

>Does your handler know you got access to a computer?
yeah I read that wrong, sorry. I'm very tired and about to go to bed.

but complaining about over the top super powers while at the same time wanting more turks massacred is confusing, considering he fucked up armies with his super powers in all instances

>it becomes cheap kingdom of heaven, yay
Better than cheap Batman Begins.

>people came to steal your kids and you think putting them on the pick is bad?
kek I'm glad you're admitting you're too simple to see nuance. Both things are bad, trying to write sympathy in for Vlad the Impaler is hilariously ill conceived. It's like making a Hitler movie where he also turns into Godzilla but he only does it because the Jews have been fucking over Germany so you should empathize with his struggle. Actually that would make for a sweet movie, unlike this retarded garbage.

>has never heard of castlevania
well lah dee daa

>Better than cheap Batman Begins.
not really.
>trying to write sympathy in for Vlad the Impaler is hilariously ill conceived.
He will never be as pure as a generic portage but he was a hero of his people.

>not really.
Yes really.

>He will never be as pure as a generic portage but he was a hero of his people.
Then why did they try to gloss over the impalings and never showed him sitting satisfied at a table watching the executions while sipping on the blood of his enemies? Why would they put so little screen time to his acts of heroism and pretend it was just something unpleasant he put up with for his people instead of something he took perverse pleasure in? Would that make the protagonist too mean for audiences? Maybe it would have made him somewhat interesting instead of generic and bland.

>Yes really.
both are made to be easy fun. kingdom of heaven is made to be heavy.
>sitting satisfied at a table watching the executions while sipping on the blood of his enemies
should he twirly his mustache too?

>nuance
>both things are bad
that's the point, mein Freund. having a child soldier hold himself in contempt, trying to remove himself and his people as far from conflict as possible only becomes more tragic in that he's forced to surpass his monstrosity in a more monstrous way. then everyone hates him for it and even when he keeps on giving, they turn on him

he killed a lot of people and it wasn't heroic. it was sad.

an absence of nuance would be if he was true good or true evil/black and white. this shit was gray all over. except for the Sultan he got really short shrift; they cut some character development for him that would have made him and the conflict between them more interesting

I'm not arguing the movie is art, so don't froth in anger at me. but you'll probably go on ahead anyway. I'm off to bed.

>mfw we actually BTFO Vlad and his head was brought to the Sultan

>should he twirly his mustache too?
The funny thing is you're probably legitimately too stupid to know that Vlad the Impaler literally had a big bushy mustache.

k bye

>The funny thing is you're probably legitimately too stupid to know that Vlad the Impaler literally had a big bushy mustache.
That is not the point of the post

this guy is so mad for no reason it's really fun to watch

are you underage or retarded? That is the only thing that could explain you being satisfied with this chain of events

both apparently

I guess his mommy took away his PlayStation

Didn't I already tell you? Go back

You'll be okay dude, they're just videogames.

That's because the truth about this movie must be ... untold.

My favorite part was when he killed the Muslims.

dam......

Cruise doesn't seem to have range but he's a hell of a movie star. There's a difference between actor and movie star and what Tom does he does well.

Unnecessary lord of the rings big battle shit
fuck this shitty ass movie and fuck u OP

>that is not my name. My name is Dracula Untold to you until now

Really?

P.S. why didn't he turn into bats to save his wife?

>P.S. why didn't he turn into bats to save his wife?
he did, he could not cover the distance in time
youtube.com/watch?v=EKuGAB9wzXc

>Cruise is a bad actor

Kill yourself

He half turned into bats. I think he could have made it with 100% bats since they are more aerodynamic.

Also, why is his wife not messed up from a very long fall?

Cruise is actually notorious for elevating movies and drawing in an audience. He is basically action-man

>I think he could have made it with 100% bats
how would he hold her with tiny bats.
>why is his wife not messed up from a very long fall
she is dying, other than that magic.

underage detected

Never listen to Sup Forums, it was fun a f. If you don't like seeing Dracula make a fist out of a million bats and punch an army with it you are truly dead inside.

The writing was shit, but the set design and costuming was pure kino.

>tfw Luke Evans will never play Jon Targaryen

maybe he could play rhaegar

>men don't fear what they can't see
>literally orders his soldiers to fight blindfolded

mehmet was a wise sultan

creepy sounds just add to bravery

What's some good vampirekino, senpai?

Nigger the new Mummy isn't a remake of the Brendan Frasier movie.

Near Dark

He picked up turks with his bats, I think. She can't weigh more than an armoured turk.

Also I mean messed up like a broken mess or splattered or something.

>Tom Cruise
>bad actor
Get the fuck out newfriend.

he picked them out for few seconds, it most cases it was a punch up and they did not have acceleration of a fall

>Interview with the Vampire is literally GOAT vampire kino.

Look pal I am just saying that he could have turned into bats completely and probably saved her life but didn't

Did he read the script

yes. he could have also turned her, if he was possessive enough, would have been faster than waiting for a reincarnation

His wife's death was shit, and so was the modern day scene. Apart from that I thought it was good.

Doesnt it end with him and nosferartu in modern day present and nosferatu spying on him reading a paper and says "now the game begins" or something along those lines?

Dang it Vlad can't do anything right

yes, its a set up for the next/other movies