GF of 4 years just broke up with me over Facebook messenger while I was at work...

GF of 4 years just broke up with me over Facebook messenger while I was at work. Home now and need some devastating tunes. Heard pic related, HANL, Keaton Henson, Low, Galaxie 500 and other slowcore shit before but will take all reccs. Also taking harsh noise that helps with this feel too.

Thanks bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOuXm2EHaMo
youtube.com/watch?v=SIndbhrTAQI
youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iUc0q87P8MY
youtube.com/watch?v=-gmd1HVGBzk
youtube.com/watch?v=UuizNQUOFCI&list=PL6KwzgIePF4BbeyY14AVTLNz12UjMcJWC
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UNecNMM50
youtu.be/ApN31QRqgIk
youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U3_H237k
youtube.com/watch?v=XAKKoQUsXXM
youtube.com/watch?v=v4j4xk_MM3c
youtu.be/u1eDuFlOl-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Angelic Process will destroy your soul

Yeah that album crushes. I'll bring it back tonight. Thanks man

you've probably already heard them, but Planning For Burial is some gud shit.
Dragged Into Sunlight is more brutal than depressing, but idk it might suit the situation.
Also look up Hell - Mourn

youtube.com/watch?v=KOuXm2EHaMo

Weird Era Cont. - Deerhunter maybe
This track definitely
youtube.com/watch?v=SIndbhrTAQI

what happened between you two that led to that?

PFB is great and same with Dragged Into Sunlight. I'll check out the last one for sure tho, thanks.

Haven't heard that album in a long while, thanks man. I'll revisit it.

Never spent a lot of time with either, so thanks a lot

was told the we both had things to work on and she needed time to work on herself. But she is away at college in a diff state so who the fuck knows what that means. we'd been together for so long that she may honestly change her mind soon and want to take it back but I don't think I should have to be with someone who would so easily make that decision and then want to undo it

id suggest deja entendu or tdagarim but also give nick drake a try
youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM

>Galaxie 500
Does Sup Forums like galaxie 500? I ask because I like them quite a bit but never see them discussed here.

Here's some stuff for you OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=iUc0q87P8MY (entire album is somewhat sad)
youtube.com/watch?v=-gmd1HVGBzk
youtube.com/watch?v=UuizNQUOFCI&list=PL6KwzgIePF4BbeyY14AVTLNz12UjMcJWC Elliot smith is pretty sad imo

dont put up with flip floppers when it comes to relationships my man

Sorta in the vein of Giles Corey, courtesy of Mikey G
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UNecNMM50

youtu.be/ApN31QRqgIk

big brand new fan but I'll go back to Nick Drake to do more than Pink Moon

I know the second and third well but I'll check out the first, thanks

yeah that's the plan. We had real long-term plans which just makes this so shocking and fucked up

that album is the shit man, good call

thanks buddy i'll check it out

protomartyr

>Red House Painters, everything.
>Atmosphere - Fuck you, Lucy
youtube.com/watch?v=mq6U3_H237k
>Coil - at the heart of it all youtube.com/watch?v=XAKKoQUsXXM
>the washboard abs - ghost
can't find a link.jpg
>Bare Wire Son - Gently
This is as close to HANL - Deathcounsciousness I have found. It's free on bandcamp, if i remember right.

If you liked the Coil song, you may be into their later work. It's just dark ambient/ post-industrial with the singer being sad on top of it.
Check out Ape of Naples from them, Black Antlers, or if you want to hear someone who was on the verge of suicide, check out ...And the ambulance died in his arms from them.

how has nobody mentioned blue tile lounge - lowercase???

mount eerie - a crow looked at me

aka the only album to ever bring me to tears

a lil bit of noise

People have already mentioned Red House Painters and Bluetile Lounge,but no ones brought up Carissa's Wierd yet
youtube.com/watch?v=v4j4xk_MM3c

It'll get better OP. I dealt with something similar a few months back and shit's gotten way better since then. Hang in there cuz us Sup Forumstants care about you. And really do listen to everything by Red House Painters, that shit really helps

youtu.be/u1eDuFlOl-c

OP here, sorry for the lack of post replies. I am still getting some great reccs and I love all of you for doing it. Got some buds over and we are listening to the new Jesu / Sun Kil moon collab and chilling with some booze

Hell yeah. buds and booze are great for when yr feeling not great. Have a good time, and I hope you feel better soon

Tell us about the breakup OP. Why the fuck was it over facebook? Did you see it coming? Is she getting blacked right now?

I think it was over FB because she didn't want to have to take any responsibility for what she was doing so she did it there and while I was working. I had no idea it was coming. Completely blindsided. She may be thinking about other people but she is so weird with her body and her feelings that I would honestly be apalled but wouldn't give too much of a shit at this point. To just shit on everything we have been through and to just kill it this way is something I never saw coming

how far is she

11 hrs-ish

im sry dude, got blindsided in a similar way by getting cheated on my gf of 3 years like a year ago
ull be ok
Lowlife - The Black Sessions
Asylum Party - Border Line
The Caretaker - A Stairway to the Stars
Robert Rich - Stalker

Damn man I feel for you. To be blindsided at four years must sting like hell. Hope you get some closure and figure out where it went wrong, but if not I hope the albums and booze work also

Everybody in this thread has been so nice and helpful with albums and words of encouragement. If any of y'all still fuck with Last.fm and wanna shoot the shit later here is my link

www.last.fm/user/epicsnackrage

long distance rarely works
i'm sorry man

Whatever you do, do NOT chase her. Drop contact with her as hard as that is going to be. The more you try to talk sense to her, or beg, etc. it will push her further away and make it even less likely she will come back,

To be honest with you man, I'd really wary of her if shes in a different state and in college wanting "time to herself." But you know her better than some anonymoose faggot like myself.

And like said don't put up with hot and cold people like that. You'll keep getting hurt. Also the fact she couldn't tell you over the phone isn't good.