What do you do after realizing that existence is meaningless, and nothing we do in life matters ?

what do you do after realizing that existence is meaningless, and nothing we do in life matters ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QomG6QqHL5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

take a shit, go to bed, do it all over again the next day until you die

I give purpose and meaning to my own meaningless life, of course. For i have the ability to do so.

there is nothing wrong goto sleep

I dunno. Just try and enjoy yourself.
Yeah, it's all meaningless, but there's no reason you have to feel like shit in the meantime.

Just in case you’re actually intelligent:
There is more. You think you understand the world now, you get that meaning is artificially imposed by our expectations, etc.
You’re honestly just scratching the surface.
I came up with a closed-form solution to the universe and I thought I had understood how everything works. I wasn’t wrong, but those problems are trivial compared to the meta-problems that arise when you try to understand understanding itself.
Look inward. You’re right, the world is pretty monotonous. Luckily you’re piloting a biological machine that contains a complex computer far beyond any of our understanding. You solve that, and you have literally solved meaning itself.

do whatever you want. if nothing matters then freedom is absolute

figure out what makes you feel fulfilled then come home to Sup Forums and shitpost

You then realize you might be wrong...hell...think about it, how many times have you been right? Existence is an amazing gift that shouldn't be squandered. Think of the fun times you have had, the adventures, the pussy you fucked or the trap you sucked. I'd rather exist and enjoy the ups and downs than never existed. When are you wrong? Only when YOU say you are. Change your mind, change your life.

>nothing matters
>its all meaningless
>is compelled to share thought
>the thought is meaningless
>compelled to share it

U so deep bro, so deep. much intellect.
so meaningless but you had to share.
dank mem fo fb.

This one nailed it. Just try to find something that you like meanwhile. I don't have any idea of what should I do with my life and I don't know if I'll find it out before the day I die.

For simple minded persons this is much easier since they have strict rules and paths for thinking and things that don't make us (me at least in this case) happy make their life worth living.

Looks like you've tried some acid lately.

it doesn't matter.

started focusing on living life for my own goals and enjoyment rather than following a set path that society expects you to follow.

You know people can tell when you samefag user you gigantic faggot
>11 replies 11 posters

How does one find meaning externally? Of course it's meaningless because the world is objective it just exists. It's the individual that gives things in the world meaning.

Jesus Christ why isn't philosophy taught to these 14 year olds.

life is meaningless.

how can you tell if it's the same person? i honestly want to know this.

This.

Make life worth living by doing something worthwhile to you. regardless of what it is.

>life is meaningless because my personal life has no meaning to me
nice depression you got there user

this
meaning comes from defining it

just live for the moment and do what ever brings you pleasure/happiness as long as it doesn't hamper someone else's

right off the top of my head, a couple things:
(1) it feels bad because you still want something good, because you know it exists, so what you may not have thought of is that you need basic comforts to be in an energetic state because i think those of us who think too much forget what seem to us like more crude and basic aspects of life. i'm not sure i could be wrong maybe that's just me.
and (2) you should remember that there is always more, and that thinking of life as meaningless is really just a perception. like for instance scientists look at the universe and see void and chaos, because they are not truly being logical; in reality truth is simply what we define as beautiful and most beneficial, there is no real objective truth like common people think, there is only what we think of as logic, and logic is not like formulas and other stuff, but more like geometry, like outlines, like pictures, in the end nothing more, as hard as that is at first to accept if you're like most intellectuals. once you get past that you see that the "always more" in life is a perception born of enthusiasm.

What meaning does your life have user?,

Realize that there is nothing to be done about it, so just do you.

Just keep on truckin

Decide to make the most of the moment. If I'm going into nothingness, I might as well make this existence enjoyable.

Live the best life you possibly can.

I mean something to the people around me just like they mean something to me. Its not very complex.

Who defines what’s meaningless and meaningful? What’s meaningless to one might be meaningful to another. It’s your life and it only matters to you. You want to enjoy it before you become dirt? Stop living it for others and live it for yourself.

Jesus Christ that's a huge downer

That means there's 11 individual posters.. Lurk moar.

youtu.be/QomG6QqHL5c

>youtu.be/QomG6QqHL5c

STAY, SATAN

We are the richest country ever. I think we got a shot at making it through. Lol

no we are fucked.

Totally cucked country like sweden. A sinking ship.

The real realization is that the idea of "meaning" is meaningless, that it's a false objective, and nihilist hand-wringing is just dissonance between expectations and reality. That is, it's only bothersome that things are meaningless (i.e., lacking teleology) if one expects the world to play out like the Monomyth. But if you can get past wanting the world to be something that it's not, it's still a pretty interesting place.

>closed-form solution
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't know what that means.

>unfunded liability
That's a farcical expression, especially when applied to currency-issuing governments. The only way Social Security or Medicare or whatever will fail is if people decide to have it fail.

WTF IS THAT FILENAME