Minnesota Sup Forumstants, let's start a blog

Hey Sup Forums,

Former frequently posting tripfriend here. Been a while (3-ish years) but am coming to you with a proposal for all my fellow Sup Forumsnnesotans out there -

I'm starting a music blog and am looking for collaborators! The basic idea is this - 20-30 minute deep dives into a specific genre or artist of interest. Released every week (or maybe every other week, at least at the start), complete with samples paired to the music we're talking about. Similar to the podcast Sock Monkey Sound, but a bit more focused on facts and history rather than just entirely bro-ing out.

I'm not so much looking for 'I really like The Strokes and Arcade Fire' or 'I own all the Led Zeppelin albums' so much as 'I can tell you all about the rise and fall of Creation Records' or 'these bands are the reason the Dunedin sound became a thing'. However, just because the focus is more on facts doesn't mean the podcast wouldn't also be light with joking around and shooting the shit etc.

I'm coming to Sup Forums because most my friends (kek) in real life know shit-all about music. I had luck a few years ago starting a band w/ people I found on Sup Forums, and am hoping this could work too. So, fellow Twin Cities-ites, let me know if this is something you're interested in!

bump

wy@

Midway-ish, right between St Paul & Mpls

No one cares you self-infatuated dickbag. The only thing Minnesota has going for it is shitty backpack rap.

Nice, I'm visiting there for a week at Thanksgiving break. Good luck with getting something interesting going.

Epic shitpost.

Oh, sweet - you been here before? It'll be really nice here on Thanksgiving, so long as you don't mind the cold and snow. Also btw are you the same Friendo that posted here years ago too? If so, nice to hear from you man but also whyyy are you still here haha

>friends (kek)

Oof, the cringe hurts me physically.

My grandfather lives out there on the lake so we all go out to have Thanksgiving at his place. It's pretty nice out there in the autumn.

Yeah, that's me. I took a break for most of 2014-2016 and got bored again. I had a GF at the time so shitposting my life away while I have someone demanding my attention wasn't really a grand idea.

Nice, what's the lake? And yeah I've off-and-on posted the past couple years, but it is definitely at the lowest when you have a gf. I see it's just as cancerous as usual

On mobile forgot trip

I'd like to contribute in some small way. I'm in St Anthony Village, so we aren't too far away from one another. I don't think I can manage every week (grad school is a bitch), but I'd be willing to help out monthly.

Awesome! No worries on availability, this is all super early stages anyway. Not sure what it's gonna look like as it progresses. Email me at [email protected]

Twin Lakes. Sup Forums has gotten exponentially worse, all of the trips sit in /daily/ patting each other on the back or just don't post. There's no real shit-flinging any more.

Sounds good. I'll email you when I get back from campus.

You use a tripcode and are therefore gay. No one has to listen to you. You also write like a 20 year old undergrad redditor. Stop.

Go back to Sup Forums.

Sounds good
Damn, too bad. Not that this place was exactly a haven of good will back then, but seems like the shitposting has gotten even less creative

im in the twin cities as well, dont know how exactly i'd contribute but i might be interested

St. Paul guy here, whats the catch on this

kek, does anyone else here love keK! XD le frog meme (owo) irl XD

Crashing now but email the address I gave above if interested