Can we have a STGSTV thread?

Can we have a STGSTV thread?
The more I listen to it, the more impressive and immersive it becomes.
Though I can't help but think it drops in quality after Chocolate Girl and doesn't pick back up until Alvin Row (which is amazing, but still overrated)
Best song is April and the Phantom

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6_gCzy7LY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Favorite album ever

what would you rate this album WITHOUT the percussion?
i think it adds a ridiculous amount

Imo Alvin Row is actually one of the best songs of all time. I don't like their other stuff but this album is a fucking masterpiece.

Easily my favorite song ever

>La Rapet isn't the most touching song you've ever heard
>Somedy I'll Grow To Be As Tall As The Giants isn't the most magical song you've ever heard
Shame on you user. Give it more listens

As for AnCo in general, it's sad to see them grapple with post-fame lack of creativity, and produce crap nowadays. The best thing anyone's put out recently was Deakin's Africa album, whatever that was called

with percussion around 9

without percussion or with normie percussion high 6's low 7's

true patricians all respect the drumming on Spirit

the synth basslines on some of these songs are cool as it gets lad

fuck this band killing their rep the way they did. no one will ever hear this brilliant shit.

But... Thats not what it is. What is the point of separating it?

she ran ooout of nature
she ran ouuut of nature
shee ran ooout of nature
shee ran ouut of nature AHH!

>As for AnCo in general, it's sad to see them grapple with post-fame lack of creativity, and produce crap nowadays.
Why does everybody forget about the best EP of 2017? For real, I don't get what the deal is. I fucking love it. I just assume nobody's actually listened to it

I'm not even sure if Panda's drumming on this can be categorized as conventional drumming, it's something else entirely.

Nice man

Yeah Idk what Noah was doing around the age of 20 but he was a rhythmic magician
Their concerts/solo work/Meeting of the Waters show they've still got it, they're just getting old and having families I think and putting less energy into making new music than they used to

If things come together right I think they can still make something as good as their mid 00s peak

dubs of truth

8 or 9 rather than 10

I don't think percussion is what makes the album (the synths are) but it definitely enhances it

Those outbursts of screaming always make me cum

me too, user.

throughout their whole discography, but especially on spirit yeah

>Watch me as I lead the way
>from infancy to grown up babies
>PHANTOMPLEASEPUTONMYMAKEUP!!!!

I used to think the same, although Someday I'll Grow To Be As Tall As The Giant has always been a highlight for me. It perfectly represents the ideal thinking of being young and naive and not even worrying about your future, just knowing one day you'll grow. La Rapet is also amazing though it took some time for me to fully appreciate it. Bat You'll Fly is the one which took me the longest to really enjoy, though the outro is catchy as fuck.

I fucking love this one so much, I truly believe it's gotta be one of the top 10 albums ever created.

chorus and outro of bat you'll fly is my favourite part of the album for some reason
it'd be cool see this song played live in houston

Those are definitely the most upbeat and fun parts.

>Alvin Row (which is amazing, but overrated)
>overrated
It's great and all, but I do find it a tad overrated as well. It's not the best track on the album.The album overall is still near perfect though.

how the fuck is the drumming so good on this?

Just a reminder that Avey gave Panda pointers on the percussion for the album with beatboxing and whatnot. Panda is a genius in his own right but Avey masterminded this shit, and most of AnCo's best stuff for that matter

Also can we talk about Danse Manatee wew lads I skipped over that album for FAR too long. That shit sounds like it was made on another planet, by far the most psychedelic thing they've ever done

I got it too good snag

>Can't afford to drop $100 on a good copy

It's a beautiful record OP. My appreciation for it has only grown with time. I discovered it at a time when I was incredibly unsure of myself and at a low point. To realize that an album can be empathetic and understand the struggles you felt you faced as a child can be pretty helpful. It was an explicit acknowledgement of the bravery we exhibit growing up as sensitive children and facing troubles we're really not equipped for. And they do this with such a different and daring sound. Even incorporating harsh noise here and there to make it seem fairylike. Even the yelling gets to me.

I don't recommend it to anyone irl because I doubt anyone I know will go past the first song and I don't post about it here because I'm afraid of it getting memed repeatedly until it draws ire.

Love the album. Alvin row and chocolate girl are my favorites.

Is there something wrong with me, Sup Forums?

The first AnCo album I heard was MPP. I thought it was meh it had Bluish, which is a great song, but meh overall.

A couple of months later decided to hear their entire discography. Started with STGSTV. Loved it at first time hear. Absolutely loved Spirit they Vanish and Untitled. My favourite songs of AnCo.

Then I listened, for the next weeks, to all their other albums. Most of them seemed boring and bland. None of them seemed to even echo the perfection STGSTV is to me

Am I a freak, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6_gCzy7LY
>ywn see circa-2001 anco play danse manatee songs in the basement of a Houston church
why even live really

No

I think it will forever be my favorite album of all time

>anco
>good

I was obsessed with this album when I was 19 and anxious about turning 20. Listening to STGSTV repeatedly while reflecting on my teenage years and childhood memories was a ritual for me.

>thread about like the 5th best anco album
lol why