So weed is now legal recreationally in the state of California, but my job still random drug tests...

So weed is now legal recreationally in the state of California, but my job still random drug tests. How can I go about talking to my boss about it?

If everything applies to alcohol and now to weed (essentially they are equivalent by law) how does a job prevent me from doing so on my spare time off of work?

Fill me in Sup Forumsrothers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUi-Pl-N-wQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

California was a mistake.

I never asked for this ok.

just do not show up to work high and you will be fine

You're right it is the same. You can't work drunk. And you can't work high. Don't be high at work retard. Neither one shows up in urine when it's not in your system.

If they fucking test for drugs and weed shows up in my system they can fire me. They've done it before last year I'm like 99% sure they'll still do it now. (They drug test using mouth swabs, piss, and hair testing.)

God damn that was impressive bait.

How can they fire you if it's legal? Do they see it the same as being high at work?

>job
lol

I work as a contractor for a refinery. If they see I have it in my system whether or not I'm high or drunk now or in the past, they have the right to fire me.

I know it might be a shock to you, but there are some people in the world that can limit their intake on drugs. Good b8 m8

It's still federally illegal so if I were you I wouldn't talk to your boss. Invest in detox kits and keep them with you should the time arise.

This is an example of true freedom. You're free to buy and smoke marijuana, and your employer is free to fire you for any reason they see fit. Double edged sword, huh?

Kind of hard to do when they hair test me...

Just because has been made legal, this does not mean that everyone accept it. I wont allow anyone which is smoking weed in my business in California. I need attention and focus, and weed affect this; since I HAVE THE FRERDOM to choose, I choose not to employ drugged people.

Well my dude, looks like it's time to find a new job. You know I made myself a promise that if weed was ever recreationally legalized I would quit drinking altogether and have myself a moderate smoking life. Not with this job then. Fuck.

Go on, if you can't resist in smoking weed. Can I remember you that is not a natural stuff smoking?

That makes sense, but on the weekends when you don't have work it doesn't fucking hurt a soul, nor does it effect your business when they have their two days off from work. Explain to me why I'm wrong.

Neither is drinking alcohol, but that is apparently accepted worldwide. Hmm...

It affects the focus of a person on the long run. I've seen the effect of weed on the long run. My boy now has been smoking it for 10 years(started 15), weekly and during the holidays(probably), and now can't even concentrate to do simple stuff.

I was stupid enough at that time to tell him: go on, it's your life. Now he's on my back as he was when he was 5 years old.

> "I need attention and focus"
> need attention
> attention

Welcome to the club! As a closeted faggot, the dilemma that you have is a fraction of what we gays feel 24/7. Indeed, how hard can it be to confess something legal? Well, there you go! Yet you have a drug problem by your choice, while I didn't choose my sexuality. As I'll now get plenty of 'FAGGOT' responses, I wish, from the bottom of my heart, that you go tell the big boss and then get fired after a few weeks of bashing. JUNKIE!

Nope, I already fired drunk people. The problem is that cannot be detected with tests.

That's what happens when you start young and the brain hasn't fully matured. Terrible point, but I see your ignorant point. Doing anything in moderation and not in excess will not effect you in the long run my dude.

Invest in a razor

They can take hair from any part of your body my dude.

Well, propably smoking once in a month wont affect you, but will you be able to do that?

Lot of smokers refuses to smoke only once. If somethimg goes wrong in my company people can die; I need people at the top of their performances.

refineries get plenty of federal assistance.

you have no chance to get away with failing a test for weed as long as the entire nation hasn't legalized it.

is that logic outside your intelligence?

federal funding = never allow weed

They don't have to be a peak performance in their days off. God, you sound like someone that has never smoked before. Weed wears off the next day, unless you're fisting edibles down your gut.

No problem; anyone is free to smoke weed, and I'm free to not employ them. We are both happy, right?

Or you want to smoke and force me to employ you?

This, this, this. Deal with it, junkie!

Most workplaces consider you to be under the influence of pot it they can detect it in your urine.

As pot is fat solvable and the brain is a fatty tissue, most employes consider you to be impaired it is detected.

Basically don't somke unless you are sure they won't be testing in the next 2 weeks, and make friends with someone in the office that will tell you when p/o's are raised against the testing company

And I hope that you have a lot of success weeding out junkies from your workforce, haha!

Also, how are you with gay employees?

755611222 Trips of truthy, my friend. Smoke your weed, hippie, enjoy the life as you want, but do not force other in your way to live.

Just get a job at McDonald and spend your money for more weed. I'll just employ the nerd you were bulling at high school, giving high salary to him.

Yeah man you told that 20 year old something burn out wassup. Glad an upstanding Sup Forums user raised on DARE programs, reaganomics and (((community schools))) called him out on it.

Invest in multiple razors

Gay employees I have(not much, declarated I mean) are almost the better one always had. No problem at all with them: they are respectful and really competent.

not true, fucks with your head for 2-3days, bad judgment

I don't force my views, in fact, I kinda support OP and would love to see weed accepted. But being a faggot that would probably be shunned from much of the society if I come out, I enjoy seeing that he faces a kinda similar pain. I'm just gloating over the misfortunes of others, as Hitchens used to say.

Well nice to know they're behaving well. We gays that don't turn out on that flamboyant side usually get to be very quiet and diligent professionally, as there's not much else we get to enjoy in life. That's the good kind of gays and hope you don't get any sour apples.

Life is made out of decisions you take along the route. If you decided to go for weed, then fine with it.

Unfortunately that route does not cross the one of my company, or where you are working now.

You are not comfortable with that? Decide then: turn left going on with weed, or right and going on with a job you(probably) like?

Choise is yours, but you cant have everything every time...

its not legal federally so most jobs still wont allow it theres noting you can do about it

Hopefully not for the moment, and I hope I will never get them. For the moment I almost always took the right decision.

>recreationally
Sorry user, I don't like it either. That's just how she goes. If you want to smoke that bad find a cannabis friendly employer. I'm sure they will pop up more and more. There are also test ti see if you used marijuana within 12 hours. Switzerland uses them for dui cases.

Umm, you prolly quoted wrong post. I'm not OP and I don't smoke weed.

Pardon; anonimity makes harder in quoting the right guy.

the fuck kind of work you do.

Haha, yeeeeh. Cannabis friendly employee, luuulz.

Then imagine a gay junkie in a town full of gay-friendly and cannabis-friendly employees, but just by chance not a single gay-and-cannabis-friendly employee. Luuuuulz

Ur a piece of shit

I am a CISSP certified cyber security fag reporting in. guarantee 98% of the people i work with and other IT fields smoke weed. Not only does marijuana help me enjoy life outside of pain (OIF Vet) sustained in combat. im also able to focus on the 0's and 1's pain free. at my job is obviously critically important. and we blaze. for many reasons. all of which keeps us in ridiculously lucrative contracts, projects and box employment.

I was once on an international network security project involving several european countries moving medical equipment into the middle east. Weed came up and they couldn't believe the how oppressive a regime could be toward a plant. its illegal in their countries as well, but they don't exclusively test for employment.

Anywhoo, cheers anions, im off to enjoy my last day off, pain free with some joints.

First, you must know is that if you live in an at will employment state, they can fire you for anything they want to fire you for as long as it's not legally protected, like race, pregnancy, age, disability etc.

You have no rights in this matter at all.

You reek of neckbeard.

>random drug tests
land of the free you say?
OMG why are americans so fucking retarded

Oh man, I feel the SAME exact way and I totally understand what you're going through.

See, I'm a really smart person and I'm constantly having to pretend that I'm not so that other people won't hate me. It's just so tough because people keep saying so many incorrect things that I want to correct and I can't. It's literally oppression and I'm sick of it.

>land of the free you say?

as you sit in a country where you likely have no political power even in theory

>fucks with your head for 2-3 days. What kind of weed are you smoking? Just like you don't drink until you're shitfaced, you don't smoke until you green out. Smoke in moderation like you would drink in moderation.

ITT: Ignorant cucks who don't know anything about weed

sure thing faggot, please tell me more about those freedhums you can't stop babbling about

I used to be one of those ignorant cucks who though weed was worse than alcohol. Life experience has taught me otherwise. Most people i've met that drink alcohol are so absorbed in their beliefs that they would be willing to fuck your over because you don't believe what they believe. Most smokers I've met, on the other hand are genuinely nice people. Only a few I've met were scumbags, but those were few and far between

Not religious but there is a bible verse, "Nothing from without a man, can corrupt him"

kek

>quoting a book that has talking snakes, genocidal maniacal dictator everybody worships, unicorns, dragons, demonic pigs, people with wings etc etc etc
>quoting a book that predates crack, heroin and meth, all three quite corruptible substances
>quoting bible

I'm no fedora master 3000, but even I can see problem with your post

>I'm setting subjective stuff to prove my point
>I'm so smart and clever, am I not guise

fact is, most people are moderate in alcohol and weed
although people who smoke weed still break the law by doing so (with minor exceptions ofcourse)
if your mentality is adjusted that you are willing to break the law in order to revreationaly enjoy a substance (we aren't talking cancer patients) you are already setting yourself to not be a good person

if you start drinking alchohol before the legal age you are still willing to break the law to feel good, but you will atleast reach the legal age at some point and stop breaking the law

there is no such thing with weed
until they legalise cannabis in your country/state you won't be smoking it legaly

if you are ready to break that societal norm to feel happy, who is to say you won't do this for other stuff
will you then proceed to drive high?
will you operate heavy machinery high?
will you go to work high?

you're already breaking the law just by bring high, it's not like you are breaking more law by going to work high

>>The law is inherent good
>if you are ready to break that societal norm to feel happy
Tell that to gay people, post speak easy bars and interracial marriages. Don't act like the law is the absolute you fucking sheep.
>inb4 OH SO IT'S OKAY TO SHOW UP TO WORK HIGH AND INEBRIATED
Obviously people can become dependant on weed (or anything that gives them that dopamine rush), that's a given and yes should be frowned upon. But don't act high and mighty when you're so insecure you think the slippery slope of smoking weed will cause to you cast caution to the wind like that.

medium bait

All is fine, but please, 98 percent? Is that just a rounding error? You meant to say 100% people you work with smoke weed, which is trivially true since you work alone (?).

>let son smoke himself retarded
>complains about retarded burden son
>???
>profit.

so just like murrica

Hahahahah, you're just a shit dad. Plenty of straight-edge kids end up staying at home as NEETs because their parents don't teach them basic life skills like cooking, cleaning, how to find a job, and overall how to function as an adult.

I'm doing 15 hrs a week in college, as well as working 25-30 hrs at a coffee shop, and am still able to balance a relationship with a beautiful woman. And I'm a daily smoker. Weed didn't ruin your son, YOU did.

the funniest thing is all the faggots on here thinking that weed being legal would protect them from OSHA.

and that 3 seconds after legalization any job with machinery suddenly has “extended requirements “

>>>The law is inherent good
it's a set norm, you follow the law and you have nothing to fear (unless falsly accused and set to jail unjustly, in that case fuck the country's judicial system), you break the law and you have right to be shit upon
if you dislike the law, you can be open about that but you are still forced to obey it

>Obviously people can become dependant on weed (or anything that gives them that dopamine rush), that's a given and yes should be frowned upon.
you act as if everybody is aware of this
that is not the case
a lot of people start with marijuana unaware of the possible addiction and dependance, with people who actively dismiss that and even calim there is no such thing as cannabis addiction it makes it even harder for some to differenciate between facts and fiction

>But don't act high and mighty when you're so insecure you think the slippery slope of smoking weed will cause to you cast caution to the wind like that.
>insecure
>cast caution
some people are like paper, blow onto them and they fall easily
some people are like steel, hit them with a wrecking ball and they still might end up standing straight

as a guy that took morphine for quite a bit it all just boils down to what kind of a person you are and how does the drug affect you

I quit morphine after 2 months, but I had problems with alcohol for 3 fucking years
the weaker the drug the more dangerous it gets
you become unaware of the possible concequences
and once you realise them it's already too late
my life was going to shit because of morphine, but they manifasted fast and clear and I was out after only 2 months
alchohol took long to manifest
and it took longer to get out by clear fact I was more dependant on it than on any other thing

some people realise how much of trash alchohol can be and quit soon, some people never realise how much opiates can fuck them up and they end up dead because of them

same goes for weed

Didn't that happen in 2016?

Sure, that's fair, but you should also be OPEN to the public about your views against people who choose to light up during their free time. Put up a sign in front of your business and see who supports your choice to get involved in people's private lives

if you just have to take it, then you DON'T have to pass.

There's a bunch of subset laws to it being legalized.
How much you can buy
Where you can smoke
etc.

You're not american, plainly obvious.

>What is a breathalyzer

Oh, man, I'm so jelly of you. Please teach me your ways, oh great master!

No, but seriously, good for you. I'd personally not enjoy being a fag that's proud of abstract numbers of work time in school / on job. I prefer the output metric (absolute output, not unit). Nor would I want a relationship atm, much less with a woman.

So please do enjoy your life, but don't think that anyone admires you, you're just being sillyfag.

And I'm not OP, just random user.

Drugs are bad bro..

youtube.com/watch?v=WUi-Pl-N-wQ

if you can't tell instantly by looking at them what's the problem?

As long as you don't smoke on the job, there's nothing he/she can legally do. You'd have grounds for a lawsuit.

>Smoke daily at age 15
>Now 25
>Have job
>Engaged to beautiful woman who has two jobs
>Have two cars both of which we bought on our credit with our own money
>Renting house, looking to buy out of state when she finishes grad school
>It's the weed that did it

Yeah man weed made your kid stupid. Has nothing to do with you enabling him.

Mouth swabs and piss can be passed but with hair follicle testing you're fucked unless you're bald.

>it's a set norm, you follow the law and you have nothing to fear
An ever changing norm that has never been consistent and is as 'perfect' as the PEOPLE who enforce it.
>with people who actively dismiss that and even calim there is no such thing as cannabis addiction it makes it even harder for some to differenciate between facts and fiction
and that's a gross generalization most people have, you think an average occasional drinker isn't aware of hard alcoholics? Not every smoker is a Seth Rogan burn out.
>some people are like paper, blow onto them and they fall easily
some people are like steel, hit them with a wrecking ball and they still might end up standing straight
As cool as that Sun Tzu bhuddist biblical quote is, you've just proven the point not everyone black and white (white being the law you think is perfect and black being someone who smokes weed).
And after reading through your story I empathize with you genuinely. But you are one of billions, your experiences are your own. Do I believe you should employ an obvious pot head with no ambitions or viable workplace attitude? Hell no, more power to you for weeding out (pun intended) people you know are going to be detrimental to your business. But don't act high and mighty and justified that these people are just walking zombies unfit to work anywhere worth a damn because of their 'poison'.

It's not that I was trying to bring attention to how successful I am with numbers and the fact that weed is present in my life. My point was that weed doesn't *necessarily* ruin lives, and can actually help people. I tend to get anxious when I'm dealing with a paper due in the next 4 hours, or am dealing with a rush at work. Weed helps me calm down and take things at a normal pace. Sure, get rid of the degenerates that show up baked to a job interview, but don't punish the people out there like me who 1) value their goals higher than a substance, and 2) use it to improve their quality of life (not talking about dopamine rush, more about being a more functional person in society)

Only if youre bald everywhere.

If there's a single hair anywhere on your body, they can take it and test it.

At much greater cost, mind you. Drug testing can be nearly prohibitively expensive.

If someone wants a follicle test then it's likely a place you don't ever want to be anyway.

Business can still discriminate against marijuana smokers. Don't say shit to your boss or they'll fire you for breaking the workplace drug policy.

Hey, I got that the first time around, no worries. Just wanted to tell you to get your attitude in line, alright? Alright. I just get twitchy from people overly proud of their mundane, and oftentimes selfish achievements.

And where's my coffee now? Come on, on a double. Otherwise no tip.

This guy gets it. All these fucking dumb shits that are like 'muh freedoms though.' If you're a wage cuck, you have no freedom. You can't smoke cigarettes at my employer. Shit rules, my health insurance is cheap as fuck, no dead weight smoke fags off taking breaks every 15 minutes.

What's your job o.o? Sounds important to go through rigorous drug test.

Nah, he's just a fucking liar making up statistics.

What kind of business are you running user? Genuinely curious

>no dead weight smoke fags off taking breaks every 15 minutes

THISSS! Jeez, smokefags are the most annoying people in a work environment. As many of them would say for my sexuality, do it, but do it in your bedroom only.

Pot smoker isn't a protected class. Even if it's not illegal, they're not obligated to higher drug users.

Protip: this will never change because marijuana is still illegal under federal law and state law can't overwrite that

Samefag.

HAHAHA!

BRAINDEADFAG, LOVE IT WHEN YOUR KIND ARRIVES!

Easy, they have a policy that says no drugs in your system. If they don't make a distinction between legal vs illegal and he has it in his system he's gone. This is the problem with individual states making it legal. If its a nationwide corporation the rule probably won't be updated to allow pot. If the company requires some employees to hold CDLs I'd almost guarantee they won't update the rules to allow it.