Why dont people consider him when theres a discussion about whos the GOAT anymore?

Why dont people consider him when theres a discussion about whos the GOAT anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yy7a0ea1W1Q
youtu.be/wahcbjyGMl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because he's not GOAT material.

Most people that discuss that sort of stuff were babies when he was at the peak of his powers.

He was a tanned Götze with a worse hairline all along.

Literally out-fucking-classed by a Polish-German long-nosed lanklet.

very few on Sup Forums have watched him for several full seasons

They do. He's regarded by most as GOAT tier at his peak. He's not in the Pele/Maradona/Messi discussion because his career was cut short by injuries.

Because he couldn't sustain his GOAT level form.

Got way too fat after 2004, ruined his image.

but he did

Still probably considered the GOAT centre forward of all time.

he's not even the best ronaldo.

I was 18 in 98 and he was a candidate but really until he's dethroned in the future, it's Messi and after him you can fight over who takes the other spots

>Pele
Fraud, might as well say Di Stefano over play against literal farmers and americans

He also had 3 ACL injuries by that point, just 1 of those is enough to kill the career of most players at the top level

>too many injuries
>never won champions league

He was actually already declining after the 2002 WC.

His peak was the mid to late 90s. If he kept that up, he would be up there with Messi and CR7 for modern greats.

what did he mean by this?

Cos he got fat and ruined his legacy

>CR7

He's behind Messi only for modern greats

>skills are measured by titles alone, because football is not a team sport and every team has to play with their own version of mascherano
That's it folks. CR7 won the Euro, Messi didn't. Thus, CR7 > Messi.

End this thread and praise me.

Eh, I like Ronaldinho too but I'd still put R9 as no.1

in your eyes it's...

1.Messi
2.Ronaldo
3.Cr7

?

>1994

Kevin GOATkreutz is a world cup winner, you know?

96-03, that's 8 years of GOATness, despite all the injuries
Impossible to keep it up longer than that

HURRRRRRRR LE FUNNY GUY

To people saying he had a short peak, name me a forward that has been the best in the world for 8 years and is not named Messi

Because modern anons where in primary school when he wasn't fat.

Gerd Müller

He's a clear number 2 of his generation (70s-born) after Zidane. Not more, not less.

Nicklas Bendtner

He is the only player to match Messi in skill at his peak. But injuries and a short peak has most disregard him from all time GOATs when long term form comes into play.

It's been more than 8 years now and the age of Rooney is yet to end.

this is bait

Klose surpassed m

His peak is short when you compare it to Messi and Cr7.

He also didn't dominate like they have.

For example Henry,Del Piero etc ran him very close.

Currently there's no real competition for Messi / Cr7.

>He's a clear number 2 of his generation (70s-born) after Zidane. Not more, not less.

It's ridiculous how Zidane's legend has grown over the years. Not once was he ever the best player in the world.

him*

He was literally unstoppable in his prime. Even after suffering two (2) career-ending injuries, he recovered and continued to play at the top level, performing for his club and country. You can't get more GOAT than Ronaldo.

too many injuries
unreliable as a club player in the long term
no champions league

because all he had was goals and he only scored 30 in a season lul

8 years is not a short peak, compared that with Sup Forums's beloved GOATs like Suarez and Robben, who only peaked for 2-3 years

>His peak is short when you compare it to Messi and Cr7.
08-17 is 9 years, and CR can't even be considered at his peak anymore

>Ronaldo come rushing
>defender steps aside and watches
>knees explode
literally unstoppable

This.

im not sure you know what peak is.

>Cristiano
>dominate

lol

>For example Henry,Del Piero etc ran him very close.

No they didn't. Nobody did during his peak years. Henry can only be considered competition when it comes to his post-injury run. Del Piero was close to his level.

*Del Piero was never close to his level.

Enlighten me

inb4 it can't be considered his peak because he had some bad periods inbetween

his PEAK was two seasons.

I'm not going to consider his PSV days because the dutch league isn't great.

His sole season at Barca and then first season at Inter are undisputed goat seasons.

Then he was pretty much injured for 3 more seasons.

Goated at the WC

Then had 2 great seasons at Real.

Peak means absolute top performance of the player, so you could only really say that was 96-98. Then a great WC and two very good seasons with RM (not peak tho).

Ronaldo and Messi score 40+ a season for like 8 seasons in a row.

That's the difference.

>Cr7

Fuck me, school's out.

Totally agree,he was a great peak in Barcelona until 97, them world cup was not bad, good in 98, but become sick in the final against france, then was broken in Italy until played the world cup of 2002, then played for real madrid until become really bad at the end of 2004 but was in Brazilian team in world cup of 2006 because of status and his carer in the past.

the analogy we can make is R9 was to Zidane what Messi is to Cristiano today.

R9 is clearly more talented than Zidane, but for one reason or another, his career was weaker, he accomplished less, was less consistent. that's why when people remember that decade, they think Zidane, not Ronaldo, as the goat.

Proving that only GOD could stop the beast.

You're too young to be posting here.

>I'm not going to consider his PSV days because the dutch league isn't great.
That's really dumb, you can only beat what you have in front of you, there's no reason to write off his abilities because the dutch league is slightly worse than the spanish one

>Peak means absolute top performance of the player, so you could only really say that was 96-98. Then a great WC and two very good seasons with RM (not peak tho).
Post injuries Ronaldo wasn't the best Ronaldo but he was still the best fucking player in the world, that's the difference, he was the best despite not playing at his best, I'd like to see Cristiano being the best in the world after those kind of injuries, pffff

3rd best Ronaldo

>Cronaldo accomplished more than Messi
>Cronaldo will be remembered as the goat of the decade
top lel good bait

>his career was weaker, he accomplished less, was less consistent.

Was it though? Zidane has a CL but Ronaldo won more NT trophies and more individual awards. He was also way more consistent before 2004, not even at his peak was Zidane ever at his best for a whole season.

>that's why when people remember that decade, they think Zidane, not Ronaldo, as the goat.

It's the opposite in my experience.

>That's really dumb, you can only beat what you have in front of you, there's no reason to write off his abilities because the dutch league is slightly worse than the spanish one

It's not even a subjective opinion of mine. Certain league are considered by the european governing bodies to be weaker.

Case in point: the European golden shoe where goals are valued less in the dutch league.

Going by your logic, Klass-Jan Huntelaar was the best striker in Europe til he joined Madrid?

Literally nobody things that though.

Ajax won the CL in 1995. The Dutch league was a completely different beast back then.

He would be the GOAT but he had exploding knees. If he managed to stay fit it wouldn't be a contest

Because Messi exists

What I meant is that just because he played in a worse league it doesnt mean he was a worse player nor does it mean you can just write off a whole season
Besides, the difference wasnt that much at the time, the dutch league was better than it is now and the spanish league was worse

Romário was better

>Messi relevant in a world cup
lmfao

>90s Aguero
>better than Ronaldo

Ahahaha

>joins PSV
>doesn't improve them whatsoever, Ajax keep dominating
>joins Barca
>wins some third rate trophies, Barcelona dramatically improve once he leaves
>joins Inter
>after a great first season he turns to shit, Inter actually improve in the season+ time hes out injured. they also make the CL semi final as soon as he leaves
>joins Real
>after winning the league he gets fat and lazy, tanks the team so hard they implode for years. they win 2 consecutive leagues once they ship him out

what did nostalgiafags mean by this?

Rooney has never been a world class footballer

It is an absolute fucking meme to suppose otherwise

Aguero is better than fatnaldo for sure

>he doesn't now about the age of Rooney

if you mean the age of rpppppney then yeah

>all this striker has is goals

Not, he is not, Ronaldo is thousands of times better than him, but Romário was better than Ronaldo (Fat).

his first 2 years at united were definitely world class.

i'm ABU and will even acknowledge that

First 2 years and around 2009-11

Romario was a better box striker but that's about it

>implying that tsu won more than Messi

Tip top kek.

>"Dont be sad he lived a hell of a life.... in the age of Rooney"
Always gets me

Peak Ronaldo was probably the greatest striker ever, but injuries fucked him over so he can't be considered the GOAT because his overall career wasn't GOAT.

He was better than Messi in his prime.

youtu.be/yy7a0ea1W1Q
youtu.be/wahcbjyGMl4

Ronaldo had more flair but Messi is more direct. Ronaldo was also taller which means he can do more tricks with his legs. Overall, those two in their peaks were in the same tier, leagues above everyone else. They were absolute monsters with their dribbling ability at just 19 or 20

>Ronaldo was also taller which means he can do more tricks with his legs.
???

Longer legs means he has a longer reach on the ball - hence why he could easily do those fancy ball maneuvers, moving the ball around the opponent to disorient them. Messi has manlet legs so he cant really do that well so he makes up for it with inhuman ball control.

Because he had a 5 year career. The injury literally turned him into a cripple.

yeah but Messi is futbol total
Ronaldo is a striker

True. Messi is statistically one of the best playmakers AND strikers in history with an all rounded game whereas Ronaldo was a tank of a striker who could blitz the entire backline of a team just like Messi.

>world cup perma-choke
>futbol total
what did the drunk favelao mean by this?

Poor man's Romário

Because the board is full of babbies who never saw him play.

He's too ugly

Ronaldo won an easy world cup 2bf.

Futbol total is about his tactical position. There's literally nothing to do with his results at international level.

Fuck off, Romania.

and two copa americas

He's still mad that his rapist gayhero tsuu choked in el clasico.

I don't put much stock in longetivity. It can be random with injuries/motivation etc. As long as you have 4-5 top level years, that's how you should be judged.

Me neither, but somehow this is the most valuable thing for spee.

If he didnt get injured so many times he could be in consideration, but so many seasons missed, and the he was just an amazing striker. His first two seasons at barca were just amazing.

Yeah, he didnt played in the prememe league.

He was the best player in the world for a few years and probably retired being the best.

we are busy contemplating the GOAT right NOW, there's no time for debates.

Because when people are talking about the GOAT they're obviously talking about who the 2nd best player of all time is

Of course Ronaldo is easily and undisputably the No.1 player of all time

>Messhit
LOL you mean the fraud that got destroyed by a 36 year old Nesta?

Van Basten