Any techfags think they can help me? i bought a 144hz monitor and it arrived today...

any techfags think they can help me? i bought a 144hz monitor and it arrived today, but when i connect it via either the dvi cable it came with or the displayport i ordered online, i get a "no signal" message. it's been driving me crazy for the past few hours because when i take the hdmi from my current monitor and plug it into my new one, it works, but i just cant get it to work with DP or dvi. I have the ASUS VG248QE

bump

Are you plugging the DP into the motherboard or GPU?

you made sure you plugged it in all the way?

the gpu i think, i will find another port and plug it into that now

i have made sure i have plugged both the DP and dvi in all the way

also try posting pics of what youre doing

Fucking this. Every time I get this question at work, they're plugging into the mobo. Only once was it an actual gpu problem.

Does the monitor give you input selection? Are you being a retard and not selecting displayport after you connect it?

This.

I just changed the place of which I had plugged in the DP, still no signal. And yeah I have changed the input selection through DVI, DP, and HDMI and it doesn't work until i get to hdmi. Should I unplug the dvi and hdmi completely and try to get just the DP to work now? about to post a pic of where it was originally plugged in

this is where I originally had it plugged in, at the top of my PC. the dvi is still plugged in up there but it's now in a different area at the bottom of my PC, but like I said no signal

Can you post a pic of where you have it plugged in now?

youre not using youre gpu. unplug the dvi/dp/hdmi off of your motherboard and plug it into your gpu

Yes, unplug everything except DP, then try connecting the monitor to the GPU using the DP. If that doesn't work I suggest a) updating graphics drivers or b) making sure the DP cable is actually functioning.

Ok so I got it, it wasn't plugged into my GPU (i'm an absolute tard I know) I unplugged all the other shit and turned off the monitor, plugged in the displayport and turned back on the monitor and it works, now I just need to link up the HDMI to my 2nd 60hz monitor. Thanks anons.

you absolute tard.

glad you got it working.

that's the motherboard you plugged your shit in. your gpu is lower and horizontal

post your setup

what century is that PC from?

Check your output source on your computer

i have a pretty good PC just a cheap shitty case

Seeing as the first monitor didnt receive any signal at all i'm going to assume you're not plugging the second monitor into the motherboard either but just in case: do NOT plug one monitor into the GPU and another directly into the motherboard.

what mobo?

Plug into low horizontal DVI-D port with the DVI cable it came with. If you have two displays update or download graphics drivers. You don't need both display port and DVI plugged in, just the DVI. Make sure the DVI is screwed in. Press Windows button and P to bring up option to extend monitor. Once it has signal right click on your desktop and click on NVidia control panel. Go to the change resolution tab and next to the resolution there will be a box saying what hz it's running at, click it and select 144hz. Click apply.

I was getting errors with mine last night saying that no input was detected even though it was fucking displaying shit on my PC right behind it. I plugged in the DVI cable that came with the monitor and it fixed it.

i have same monitor as pictured... Tried to dual screen it with my old 60hz. Only way i could get them to work together was to use DVI from comp to 144hz (this will max out your fps) and an HDMI to my 60hz. set 144hz as main display. i have had NO luck with my display port cables and from what i've read, there's an issue with a lot of the display cables that won't let it output to 144hz displays (which is beyond ridiculous since i bought the cable specifically for it's higher quality). I would try another DVI cable, you may need one that is "gold" certified. i use a 6ft male to male DVI cord i purchased with the 1ft male to female DVI that was sent in the box with the monitor.

Did you select the correct input on the monitor? Monitors are stupid you need to tell it what input you are using

This is why I use a 4k TV and HDMI wtf

>Wasting this much money on a 144hz monitor.

Have you tried resetting your router?

You didn't plug it into your GPU you spastic