Conservatives Make Decisions Based Off Fear

youtube.com/watch?v=kI-un8rHP14

The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1XTXiN-Nc9Y
techyville.com/2013/06/news/study-finds-that-blacks-are-genetically-stronger-than-whites/
dare.uva.nl/document/2/120946
nytimes.com/2014/04/26/us/infertility-endured-through-a-prism-of-race.html
psypost.org/2015/10/scientists-reduce-belief-in-god-by-shutting-down-the-brains-medial-frontal-cortex-38516
youtube.com/watch?v=tBVjbYMG6dE
youtube.com/watch?v=qQXako7GP60
youtube.com/watch?v=eYrZkFEiY1I
youtube.com/watch?v=k4FgrJpfNTU
informationclearinghouse.info/article33220.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=0dXD2H0m74g&nohtml5
youtube.com/watch?v=EVXYjQp1ufg
youtube.com/watch?v=8HJ4Hh0hyXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HVXrvOMPS2o
youtu.be/JzKI9TBR-XQ?t=2m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=DYBhgEm3j7A&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=uyaLQkOuByg
youtube.com/watch?v=FBE3m2D5234
youtube.com/watch?v=jyyS6NzYTBA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAv7XFk7kRk
youtube.com/watch?v=Huf2Kz7bV2k
youtube.com/watch?v=6VeJuiJv6Rs
youtube.com/watch?v=DdJRXuIBheM
truegamer.net/SA_911/911 SATHREAD/wtc11.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ttUkvGnKM2s
youtube.com/watch?v=5cFewUG3rSY
youtube.com/watch?v=vwzT0QnwtTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

is there anything wrong with making decisions based off fear?

One of the things that stuck out to me during the video is she quickly brushed over the fact that they found conservatives decisions led to more stable decisions.

*outcomes.

Liberals refuse to listen to facts because spouting off liberal values (the values that are contrary to the conservatism that has ensured human survival for thousands of years) releases dopamine and becomes addictive like cocaine.

youtu.be/1XTXiN-Nc9Y

Decisions based on fear keeps you alive.

They act as if fear is a bad thing. Fear is a indicator of a potential decision or action that could lead to a harmful outcome. Liberals just do because it is rewarding in a emotion and social circumstance.

Fear is the root of caution. It's a far more accurate interpretation to suggest that conservative ideas are rooted in a cautious approach i.e. don't fuck up systems that work, especially not in the name of progress for only progress sake.

>the part of the brain that protects humans from danger does most of the work processing and reasoning when a conservatives makes a decision as they process all outcomes good or bad and make a weighted decision
>the liberal relies on the part of the brain that lights up when sucking cock

I don't see any problems with this analysis, doctor.

As we've seen with the Roman, Greek and other civilizations, liberalism is one of the main causes of their downfall.

>The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

>people have brains predisposed to being X

really makes you think...

>tfw we make the decisions based about informations than fear

Sup Forums IS RIGHT ONCE FUCKING AGAIN

Well said

lol conservashits thinking they're superior

techyville.com/2013/06/news/study-finds-that-blacks-are-genetically-stronger-than-whites/

>FOXNews.com is reporting on a study conducted by Cornell University that found that White Americans are genetically weaker and less diverse than their Black counterparts.
>The study, “Genotype, hapoltype and copy-number variation in worldwide human populations,” was conducted to provide data for uncovering the history of migration, range expansion, and adaption of human beings.
>After testing 10,000 genes and analyzing the genetic makeup of 15 Americans of African descent and 20 Americans of European decent, researchers found that the Euro-Americans showed less variation than their African American counterparts.
>Carlos Bustamante, senior co-author of the study and an assistant professor of biological statistic and computational biology at Cornell stated, “Since we tend to think of European populations as quite large, we did not expect to see a significant difference in the distribution of neutral and deleterious variation between the two populations.”
The study also found that Europeans had more harmful mutations than Africans did, due to their race being “diluted” twice over 30,000 years ago which caused “bad” mutations to build up in the European population. Bustamante calls this a “genetic echo.” Most Non-Africans descended from a small group of migrants who left the African continent 50,000 to 100,000 years ago.

They don't sound good in the media.

Liberals are dumb and dont learn from mistakes.

be conservative means to be white ?
that is racist buddy!

>whites are weaker
>all the strongmen competitions in the world are comprised solely of white men

>Conservatives make decisions based on fear

Every animal on earth makes decisions based on fear: fear that they will die if they don't go out and hunt and/or collect food. It's the greatest motivator in animal world.

The fear of pain
The fear of rejection
The fear of abandonment
The fear of failure
The fear of death

Liberals have this notion that the world is just one big mind-puzzle and with enough thinking and analysis, problems can be solved *pat on the back*. This notion would work great in a world which is populated with high IQ savants with analytical/problem solving capabilities. But, unfortunately, we don't live in that world. The world is a much more dangerous and grotesque place, filled with imbecilic idiots and vicious animals that have no patience for such high brow concepts.

There is a reason why the worker class always votes far-right in elections; they are the ones that are surrounded by the scums of society.

bingo. by the time they learn to fear it's usually too late

Very well put.

In nature, those who are curious dies first, and those who are cautious lives to carry on the species.

I don't understand if this is supposed to be a bad thing. The research is showing that conservatives are more cautious and weary of change due to the fear it my fuck shit up- usually based on past experience.
Liberals, on the other hand, were shown to be numb to this caution and just bring in new ideas, many being oblivious to what will happen.

They're saying conservatives base things in what happened in the past and what they can learn from it whilst liberals throw it out the window and bring in new shit, mostly-ironically enough- based emotion then attempt to rationalize it.

They're also just trying to shame people, basically.
>Muslims raping and commiting terrorism
>What are you afraid of you silly conservative?

>Wow guys, stop using your natural instincts, which have developed over thousands of years, that's completely absurd

My question is why do Liberals seem to be the most timid and fragile people in society yet fear the least, they are the ones who will always feel the most brunt force of collapse in civilization.

For once leaf isn't a shitposter.

I was expecting some serious faggotry with that video and the thread title, good job on not being a "really makes you think" retard

Oh no, I agree. This site has made me realized that Canada needs one hell of a genocide.

>Conservatives Make Decisions Based Off Wanting Them and Their Family to Stay Alive

The amygdala is undeveloped in infancy and grows through puberty. Infants have no fear because they rely on their parents to protect them from dangers and have an open mind so they can observe culture, nature, language while their brain is still forming. The amygdala fully develops in adolescence when the human is expected to act independently and has no one to protect him from dangers.

Liberals confirmed eternal children.

>conservashits are fearcucks
CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Its a scary world, full of psychos. You need to make decisions based on fear for your own survival.

>implying fear is bad

Go the way of the Dodo, liberals.

Yes, bravery is letting Muslims rape your country to death.
Taking actions to prevent Muslims from raping your country to death is cowardly.

dare.uva.nl/document/2/120946
>"Amygdala volume correlates positively with fearfulness in girls but not in boys" p 1215

Right amygdala is also responsible for sadness.

What now canancuck?

Genetically "stronger" yeah right nigger

nytimes.com/2014/04/26/us/infertility-endured-through-a-prism-of-race.html
>Statistics, married black women had almost twice the odds of infertility.

More trash DNA means litearally nothing faggot.

B.S., I can't believe academia is so pathetic, they are forced now to BLATANTLY forward the liberal brainwashing.

This backfires, though, as more and more people are realizing research is controlled by the same families buying out politics.

Or maybe it's because conservatives are smart enough to be afraid and liberals are ignorant enough to let their guard down.

The video was pretty neutral but fuck me that comment section

The Icelandic 3rd cousin study refutes this. In group breeding is ideal for fertility. Probably why humans have praticed it for millenia.
Also "genetically strong" has a pretty vague definition. If it wasn't optimal, the preference for ingroup mate selection should have died out a long time ago, instead of still being the norm even in non-homogenous societies. Also this study of course completely ignores iq inheritability because it would destroy their argument.

I don't know what mutations they're referring to, but I'll take increased fertility and smarter babies that actually look like me.

Kek

Blew themselves out

So IF the results of this study are true (VERY big IF) that means what exactly?
That Conservatives are wrong? No, it would mean that liberals are wrong, because they don't understand the world and how it works. Liberals are literally incapable of perceiving threats and making decisions based on that. Explains a lot of things, like the refugee crisis for one.

The insulting problem is that Liberals refuse to acknowledge that this predisposition is genetic in nature, because that undermines their entire post-modern ideology. It also means they would have to accept living alongside conservatives.

And liberals make their decisions based on ignorance, naivety, and masochism

Oh, Amygdala...

the famous man child is real ?

Al Gore was right again !!!

If a particular fear is statistically justifiable, it's perfectly reasonable to base decisions on it.

Holy shit, my digits.

>is there anything wrong with making decisions based off fear?
I would argue the best decision is based on reason, not emotion. So yes, there's something wrong with it.

have you guys seen the study on the part of the brain that these guys can shut down, and they don't believe in God, and are also not racist anymore?

psypost.org/2015/10/scientists-reduce-belief-in-god-by-shutting-down-the-brains-medial-frontal-cortex-38516

Liberals see this as a good thing "LOOK! when you shut off a part of your brain, you become a liberal!!"

youtube.com/watch?v=tBVjbYMG6dE

Lefitists and liberals were born with brain damage. Where's the news?

fear is based on facts.

Exactly. For example, I fear being mugged, so based on the statistics, I wouldn't go into a black neighborhood at night. Leftists percieve reality in a fundamentaly flawed way. They have somehow made it okay in their minds to just ignore statistical realities and self-evident truths thay contradict their worldview. They are blind because they want to be, because its comforting. Dont mean to be a fedoratipper, but thats why it reminds me of a religion.

YEAH THATS WHY I AM MAKING THIS POST CAUSE I AM OH SO AFRAID OF SOME HUMAN GARBAGE

911 links from deleted thread.

911 SOLVED IN 2 MINUTES

Greater Israel - The Jewish Plan for the Middle East, The Oded Yinon Plan

NWO: Communism by the Backdoor Part 11

The Zionist Plan for the Middle East

Top Illuminati (Jew) Grand Wizard: “We Control Islam and We'll Use It to Destroy the West.” (WW3)

Bonus;
Why Are Jews Always Persecuted?

Jews Banished From Countries 109 Times Since 250AD

JEWS CONFIRMED

People are jumping out of the fucking towers

It is practically the only emotion based on realities.

Fear is often reasonable.

Fear is not inherently irrational. We're not talking about making decisions in a hysteric fit.

I see it very logic, more if you keep in mind that the working class is the most conservative group. Being surrounded by dangerous and dubious people and have to cope with a bigger risk of financial problems is dificult with certain liberal's points of view.

This seems like a plausible explanation. It would also explain why leftists are so willing to defer their personnel protection entirely to the state.

>The government's role is to protect the rights of the people
>right wingers make decisions based on the fear of losing those rights
>left wingers don't care about anything just the enviroment
>would happily lose all there rights to be more progressive
>this is somehow a bad thing

What a bunch of BULLfuck.

Leftists think out of fear.

RIght wing think out of rationality.

GUYS GUYS LOOK AT MY BOAST!!

This is seriously the thing right here

shutting down a part of your brain makes you not religious, and also less likely to dislike an immigrant criticizing your country

aka: religion is a part of the brain: the ethno-religious center of the brain

So when a liberal woman makes decisions based on fear, that's OK?
But when a conservative man does it...

>Don't fuck up systems that work

Then why are the vast majority of environmentalists liberals? There's no bigger system that were currently fucking up than that.

It seems more like conservatives stick to the systems of thought and cultural constructs that are easily understandable (free market economics, exceptionalism, preserving the nuclear family). Keeping these perceived goods in stasis is the goal of conservative politics.

Because the underlying assumption of conservatism is "things are good enough guy, let's keep them from getting shittier", fear of change (whether actually good or bad) fuels the politics of conservatives.

It makes sense the liberal line of thought, "things are too shitty, let's change stuff" would correspond with less fear. For liberals, politics serve as a type of catharsis, detaching from a society they feel is unfair or oppressive to work towards a situation where these problems are lessened or removed.

Look at all this cuckservative damage control

>w-when liberals do it its making decisions with your feelings instead of your brain!
>b-but when conservatives do it it's just being prudent

top kek this board is a joke sometimes

911 links from deleted thread.

911 SOLVED IN 2 MINUTES

Greater Israel - The Jewish Plan for the Middle East, The Oded Yinon Plan

NWO: Communism by the Backdoor Part 11

The Zionist Plan for the Middle East

Top Illuminati (Jew) Grand Wizard: “We Control Islam and We'll Use It to Destroy the West.” (WW3)

Bonus;
Why Are Jews Always Persecuted?

Jews Banished From Countries 109 Times Since 250AD

JEWS CONFIRMED

People are jumping out of the fucking towers

They are using strength as a synonym for diversity. Of course Africans have more diverse genetics. They were never exposed to harsh, hostile environments (e.g. ice age, cold winters etc.) like e.g. Europeans. In Europe only the strongest and most intelligent survived, and everyone who was too stupid and lacked the strength to ensure the survival of himself and his children simply died off.

How can anyone fall for such a nonsense. While Europeans composed the most beautiful tunes and erected the most awe-inspiring buildings and conquered the known world - Blacks still lived in mudhuts, played the same jungle-drum like eons before, died from multiple diseases because they never figured out that shitting right next to bodies of water is a stupid idea, canibalized each other and cut each others penises off.

Piss off stupid Nigger. For fucks sake...

she seemed pretty unbiased to me. kind of clueless on the guns argument (most people aren't pro guns because of sport), but unbiased nonetheless. fear based thinking is not bad. it's how you survive.

>fear is based on facts.
There are numerous components to fear. At it's core it's an evolutionary adaptation to ensure we might live long enough to procreate.

It's also often unreasonable. Driving on the highway is one of the most dangerous things one can do on any given day, and yet I feel confident when doing it, but feel anxious when flying.

>Fear is not inherently irrational.
I didn't say it was. I simply said the best decision is based on reason.

If the thing that is feared has a legitimate reason to be feared, then that reasoning will hold up even when the element of fear removed from the equation.

Man..
Neuroscience is still such a soft science..
It's always
>is linked with
>is associated with
The result analysis she's doing seems like borderline pseudo-science laced with her predetermined opinions..

From what I understand the amygdala is the primary center for assessing whether or not something is a threat.
Fear is just one of the responses it induces when it determines that something is a threat.

It's not that conservatives
>'make decisions based on fear'
It's that conservatives tend to do more evaluation to determine whether or not something is a threat..

put 500,000 people in a country by altruism is not based on facts , fear is based on facts .

>conservatives are emotion driven cattle

Lol it's a given for liberals, this confirms what we all already knew.

Except it's the opposite. The amygdala helps people control their emotions, respecting other people's personal boundries and increases a person's ability to make rational decisions. It's also a sign of high emotional intelligence.

"Amygdala volume correlates positively with both the size (the number of contacts a person has) and the complexity (the number of different groups to which a person belongs) of social networks. Individuals with larger amygdalae had larger and more complex social networks. They were also better able to make accurate social judgments about other persons' faces. The amygdala's role in the analysis of social situations stems specifically from its ability to identify and process changes in facial features.

The amygdala is also thought to be a determinant of the level of a person's emotional intelligence. It is particularly hypothesized that larger amygdalae allow for greater emotional intelligence, enabling greater societal integration and cooperation with others.

The amygdala processes reactions to violations concerning personal space. These reactions are absent in persons in whom the amygdala is damaged bilaterally."

Sounds like liberals are open to immigration because they are literally brain damaged.

There's also this:
"Amygdala connections were more widespread from the right amygdala in homosexual females, as in heterosexual males.

The left amygdala has been linked to social anxiety, obsessive and compulsive disorders, and post traumatic stress, as well as more broadly to separation and general anxiety."

Which means straight, heterosexual men (and Republicans) have a more developed right amygdala, while fags and women have a more developed left amygdala. People on the political left also seem to have more mental disorders, if we go by their dependence on the right amygdala.

Gail ((((((((Saltz))))))))

and the insla is responsible for feedback in social situations you nigger
that's an emotion too

Lol no dipshit, the amygdala is the cause of the fight or flight response, it's the part of the brain that goes active when you're afraid. The brain isn't figured out 100%, but this part is known.

The prefrontal cortex and the frontal lobe control emotions, that's not the job of the amygdala. Nice try though.

Fucking idiot

>emotions are irrational hurr durr

Emotions are controlled by more than one part of the brain, you complete retard.

There are entire threads and discussions on this board based around the idea that you guys decide things based on calculated logic, while liberals rely on emotion.

None of which are the amygdala.

wtf I hate trump now

Emotions aren't bad. What counts is whether or not you make decisions based on those emotions.
If you see a dead immigrant kid on TV, and you want to let immigrants in because you feel sad or guilty, then you're a fucking moron.
If you feel bad about the kid, but use logic to deduce that immigration is bad for your country in the long term, and that taking in thousands of immigrants aren't going to do anything about the root cause of the problem, then you're using logic.

>You nigger
I am a conservative... well Nationalist as well. I was just interested in what other conservative people thought about this study.

And the same study we're talking about showed that liberals rely more on the cognition aspect than emotional responses when compared with conservatives.

>t use logic to deduce that immigration is bad for your country in the long term, and that taking in thousands of immigrants aren't going to do anything about the root cause of the problem, then you're using logic.
and it makes sense to be afraid of that because you are thinking of the consequences , is like walking in a neighborhood with the highest rate of theft at 4 pm, if you think about the impact fear has all fucking sense.

>natural response in creatures for who knows how long to maximize survival
>illogical
putting 2 million mohammedans in your country because muh fee fees is what's illogical

this explains why liberals are self destructive they dont have a natural fear response and as such make stupid decisions

also your post is low quality bait meant to drive people to the liberals side with typical macho shit but it hasnt worked in the past since your side uses faggy special snow flake mentalities

Yeah, fuck neuroscience, man.

Lol not my fault that you don't understand 100 level psychology. The amygdala creates the fear, the frontal lobe, and prefrontal cortex do most of the regulating and brake pushing on your emotions. When you control yourself, your frontal lobe takes the wheel, when your amygdala overpowers it, you've lost control. Do you understand?

It's important to not confuse being "afraid" of something happening with cowardice. Obviously, it's not that leftists are brave, they're just the kind of people that stick their heads in the sand. Right wing people are afraid of certain things happening, but they aren't afraid of fighting to stop those things from happening.

Libtards BTFO!
BTW, lefties hate facts and have no place using any kind of scientific study since they call everything a "construct" if they don't like it.

Sounds like the liberal left has a serious T. Gondii infection.

That's the evolutionary strategy humans evolved based on.
People who feared dangerous things survived and passed on their genes.

It means that neither is wrong but rather both are required for a functional society. Liberals are children constantly running forward without looking. Conservatives are parents yelling at them to slow the fuck down. Without conservatives we'd kill ourselves off. Without liberals we'd never progress.

>Lol not my fault that you don't understand 100 level psychology
Speak for yourself, moron.
The relationship is far more complex than that, as the amygdala has an effect on your core personality.
I already mention emotional intelligence, social networking and respecting people's boundries, which are all tied to the right amygdala.
On top of that, men have a dominant right amydgala, while women have a dominant left amygdala.
Guess which gender is known to rely on logic, and which relies on emotions?

1. To be anything other than librul in public is a death sentence in any public-funded (government, or 2ndary gov) sector.

2. Every 'environmentalist' gets at least some, if not all (most get all) from the gov.

3. There are in fact conservatives who think it's smart to preserve the world. In fact, I doubt if you actually talked about this with sane human beings (there are insane conservatives same as any other party) you'd find that most conservatives simply want the gov to quit stepping so heavily on the environmental sector. This is basic librul argument btw: "OH YOU SAID YOU WANT GOV TO STOP INVOLVING ITSELF SO HEAVILY IN HEALTHCARE? WHAT DO YOU MEAN> YOU WANT ALL #SICKPEOPLE TO DIE?! OMG GUYS THIS CONSERVATIVE AND ALL CONSERVATIVES WANT ALL SICK PEOPLE TO DIE!!"

4. I don't know what else you're trying to say about politics being catharsis for anyone except the insane and the corrupt. You sound like a summerfag and should be b& imo for not understanding that politics is a compromise that will always be against the individual.

>Conservatives are the middle, if you didn't know. Libertarian/Anarchists are the 'far right' (no gov ever; it's fairy-thinking and stupid- too much individuality and nothing gets done right). Conservatives are the middle (limited gov, just enough to do what individuals can't, while allowing individuals to be individual). Libruls are the far left (too much gov, no allowance for individuality and people are reduced to numbers and labels).

The underlying assumption of conservatism isn't "things are good enough, lets keep them from getting worse," it's "humanity is a flawed and wonderful thing, sacrifices will always have to be made since we, and our world are not perfect," as opposed to libruls: "we can fix it, promise!"

Show me one ounce of measurable justice, fairness or equality. These things are creations we have made, as a group, and maintain them through society. Libruls want them gone because they're not perfect.