New Marilyn Manson album out

Thoughts?
Opening track is pretty good. Reminds me of HolyWood almost

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/marilyn_manson/comments/74bpmd/somebody_could_write_a_book_on_this_fucking_album/
youtube.com/watch?v=NPQD7KxutcM
youtube.com/watch?v=EAsebDGZWko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not 15 anymore sorry.

are you being ironic? manson is legit awful

makes slipknot look like the beatles

Go to bed, children.

Eat Me, Drink Me was his last decent album.

>implying I listen to trash

Only 15 year olds say this is underrated

Mechanical Animals was his last good album, GAotG his last decent one imo. I’ve hated everything since, Pale Emperor was lame and tepid. I think Antichrist Superstar is still nearly a perfect album, though.

it's uneven

good overall

Too bad it’s not some SoundCloud meme rap bullshit, then the faggots here might care.

What? No one has given a shit about Manson in like 20 years.

It's sad seeing some 50 year old holding onto this edgy persona.

It's decent. First half is way better tough. Ending is full with ballades.

We know where you fucking live and Say10 are legit sick

I love the trip - hop - esque beginning of Say10

Agreed. First half is definitely the better part. I got bored with everything on the second half. His last ten years of output has been way too much filler and left me uninterested. I may make a best-of album of just the good tracks from everything after Golden Age. It would be about 10 good tracks and better than any of those stand alone albums on their own.

Good but not better than Pale Emperor. His lyrics are more cliche than ever, seems like he's lacking creativity. Saturnalia, Say10, We Know Where You Fucking Live,JESUS CRI$I$, and Blood Honey are the most notable tracks, everything else seems like filler.

I am so mature!

just fuckng look at him

Neat

Kill4Me, Say10 and Saturnalia are best songs imo senpai with Blood Honey the next best. First 3 tracks don't really hit that hard for me.

I have been warned that, as per Manson’s usual requirements for meeting journalists, the room will be both dark and cold, which it certainly is: air conditioning up full, curtains drawn against the afternoon sun, the only light coming from a television tuned to one of those ambient channels that broadcasts endless footage of landscapes and animals. But I have not been warned that Manson will be hiding behind his hotel room door, from where he will jump out – black-clad, in full slap – pointing a gun at the back of my neck. Not, it transpires, a real gun, but a realistic enough replica for me to greet him with a startled bark of, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” rather than the more traditional “hello”. Manson laughs, shakes my hand and asks if I’d like a beer.

Thus begins an extremely diverting hour during which Manson will offer to wrestle me to demonstrate his physical and mental wellbeing; inquire, in the middle of discussing the difficulty of meeting your childhood idols and, apropos of nothing as far as I can gather, whether I am “a poop man, a scat guy”; suggest his partner, photographer and model Lindsay Usich – who wanders into the room in search of a drink – expose herself to me on the grounds that “the Guardian is an important periodical”; and flick me in the testicles.

For one thing, I am distracted by my sore testicles, and, for another, I wasn’t really following his line of argument at the time. First, he took my notepad, wrote “person” on it and added an “a” at the end. “I’m this and I’m this,” he said. “A person and a persona. But I can’t really divide the two. There’s a difference on the stage; people I don’t know I just seduce, in a lot of ways. You go offstage and people … even me and you now, talking …”

MAnson hasnt been good since the Spooky Kids my friend.

Damn he's trying too hard

Album is awesome...reminds me more of a mix between Born Villain and Mechanical Animals

good album

reddit.com/r/marilyn_manson/comments/74bpmd/somebody_could_write_a_book_on_this_fucking_album/
what a fucking loser

Also, I must say this...as both a keyboardist and a fairly huge Manson fan, I'm glad to say there's more keys on Heaven Upside Down as supposed to his last couple of albums. Helps to give the entire album a better and varied 'flavour' overall.

...but what about Pogo and all his temper tantrums rants/posts leading up to this album release? Why can't he just let shit go?

because manson ruined the band by firing everyone (pogo included)

>mfw Mechanical Animals will never be topped

Listening to it right now, I'm at saturnalia. So far so good.

Will there be an alternate album cover ? I don't like this one

Currently at Jesus Crisis. Sounds like Pale Emperor song, I like it.

Yikes

We Know Where You Fucking Live chorus sounds exactly the same as Little Horn ("Everyone will suffer now"). Deleted.

Blood Honey is fucking GOAT

I feel the same way. The keys are my favorite aspects of the new songs.

It's alright. I've only listened to it once and I'm sure it'll grow on me but damn, some of the lyrics in this album are BAD.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
REVELATION!!!!"

"Blinded by blackness, we're just empty shells in the deafening void of our last sunset"

Like jesus man, never felt this cringy at Manson's lyrics like ever. Except maybe on EMDM. Other than that, KILL4ME, Tattooed in Reverse, SAY19 and even Saturnalia are really solid. I guess I wish this album just focused more on the bluesy electronic sound that this album tends to flirt with.

Is that a fridge magnet?

SAY10 - Kill4Me - Saturnalia are all really good and much better than I expected from this album. I don’t think I’ve genuinely enjoyed so many new Manson songs since Golden Age 14 years ago. Bravo Manson.

both are good

Are you legitimately underage?

What an absolute ghoul

He could look so good though, if only he just lost weight.

>brian get well soon.

I wish Marilyn Manson would mature his image and brand the way Trent did.
Fuck, watching this man try to stay 20 forever is really depressing.

>tfw old marilyn manson fan
>only listening because he's rumored to collaborate with banks

the single was pretty good. the last album of his that I listened to was mechanical animals.

>mature his image and brand the way Trent did
becoming a normalfag is not the way

Why do all these posts look like they were written by the same person? Nice viral marketing you fucking Menson (menso in spanish means stupid lmao)

Saturnalia is the only good track off this album.

You're fucking delusional.

you're not fooling anyone

You don't have to be a normie to grow the fuck up.
Imagine how sad it would be if Michael Gira was still trying to make Filth over and over again.

It would be pathetic and not at all effective. The same applies to Manson.

why are manson fans so smart?

Are you trying to say that Marilyn Manson has been trying to make the same album over and over again?

Yes and no. He hasn't been trying to make any single album repeatedly - all of his albums have their own distinct sound - but he has been mostly using the same tricks over and over. Religious rebellion, controversial interview quotes, face paint, criticism of modern society and celebrity culture, blah blah blah. He's been doing the same shit throughout his entire discography and it doesn't work anymore.

>1994
youtube.com/watch?v=NPQD7KxutcM
>2017
youtube.com/watch?v=EAsebDGZWko

Same shit, new trap beat. Fun.

>cocain and able
>I don't baptize whores
>I'm a legend, not a fable
No. I can't take this seriously anymore.

Trent is far away from a normie. Even if, his output is much better in every way. Even lyrically wise now due to how awful Heaven Upside Down is in that regard, which is truly sad

It's nowhere near his best stuff but not his worst either, worse than TPE

TPE was great

Yeah seriously, I keep seeing the opinion that TPE was bad all over this board. What gives? That is arguably one of his best. This album is good, and it sounds like an exploration of the sound that TPE laid the framework for, but at least right now I think TPE is a lot better.

yo i legit havent listened to any project from this guy. rec me his BEST album

Antichrist Superstar
Reading companion: thenachtkarabett.com

antichrist superstar and mechanical animals

Antichrist Superstar
Mechanical Animals
Holy Wood

manson reminds me of straight cringe. like back in middle school it was listened to when people when through that stupid fucking emo phase. its like you guys never grew up lol, fucking edgelords

each of his albums has different sound, so It really depends more on what style you prefer

kill yourself normalfag

Ok the thing about Michael Gira is he's been making music about a decade longer than Trent or Manson and has done a vastly greater amount of music

>Michael Gira
>Better than Manson
Sure
>Better than Trent
Questionable.

Yeah neither am I. I also grew out of being a stuckup little bitchcunt, it sucks that you didn't.

Your response really shows your growth user.

Yeah it's no surprise someone like you gets so hung up on the cadence and syntax of your betters. I'm sure you have lots of time training yourself how to sound like a gentleman in the confines of your stinkroom.

Antichrist Superstar
Mechanical Animals
Holy Wood
all three.
read nachtkabarett.com

Pale Emperor was really good tbqhphamalamadingdong