Why is Denzel Curry so slept on?

Why is Denzel Curry so slept on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQnh9NtRL0U
youtube.com/watch?v=oSIOPwloI8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't he the one who made than meme song Ultimate?

Yes

just because it was a meme doesn't mean it's not an incredible song

Another meme rapper that had a """hit""" song then slowly faded away into nothingness. Some of his older shit is mediocre at best but still

Ultimate was a meme?

I guess he just has trouble sticking in the main stream, but I've seen nothing but love for him among rap fans. He needs another Ultimate (which, imo he's already released multiple of if not better)

He's grouped in with pop rappers like Kodak and 21 thanks to freshmen xxl despite being much more talented than and not having as much of a pop appeal

it was like a vine meme
youtube.com/watch?v=eQnh9NtRL0U

Denzel is nowhere near a meme rapper someone more like Ugly God or Pinkguy is a meme rapper. He just had that hit that was featured on a dumb vine. And by older shit do you mean Nostalgia 64 bc that shit was banging

Imperial is the best trap rap album ever made.

This

he's not a meme rapper that's not what that term means

He collabs with many trash rappers, and is always surrounded by them. To be honest I've been listening to Imperial for about a month on the way to work every day and I'd say his delivery competes with Wu-Tang. The beats are really well mixed too, Ronny J did a great job

Imperial was the only album I enjoyed that came from a SoundCloud rapper from 2016

What other rappers has he collab with?

No wonder, didn't use vine.

Ugly God's tape wasn't that bad desu

>normie humor

>Ugly God's tape wasn't that bad desu

yeah but he's still a meme rapper
that doesn't necessarily mean he's not talented but it means you shouldn't really expect his music to be taken all that seriously

denzel curry isn't even close to being a meme rapper, he just had a song that was used in memes

it's not good and half of them don't even fucking time it correctly so that the action happens at the drop
fucking normies ree

this

I didn't even realize what the joke was until 5 clips in, it's fucking stupid.

>ywn be able to make an architectural statement with your hair

Yes 13 was fucking lit

xxxtentacion, ski mask, keith ape, rick ross, suicideboys, not to mention his xxl cypher with kodak black, 21 savage, lil uzi vert and fucking lil yachty

Ultimate was never the "meme hit" song compared to actual forgotten recent hits like Bad & Boujee, Panda, Black Beatles, and soon XO Tour Life.

Denzel still has time to release that one song that will define his career.

Mediocre lyrical content. Once you get past being impressed by his "yelling while not pausing between words" flow you quickly realize that he isn't really saying anything of substance. Ski Mask the Slump God has the same problem, although to a much greater extent. I personally like the sound of Curry's music and I think he has real potential but he needs to work on carving out a distinct lyrical niche as opposed to just being that guy from South Florida who raps better (in a technical sense) than all of the other Floridian freshmen. I mean, the guys who a really blowing up right now are the emotional types like Uzi and XXXtentacnion, not stoic lyrical miracle types with HOT BARS or anything like that.

shut the hell up you pussy ass cracker

I think the problem with a lot of rappers (or maybe it's the fans for allowing it) is that a good majority don't rap about anything, literally. A lot of it is just pure nonsense.
The only upside is I enjoy a lot of these producers. To me, they shine more than the rapper.

>A lot of it is just pure nonsense.
I've seen people defend that shit
>dude it's genius! It's a modern deconstruction of hip-hop in it's purest form
Like a xanned up 19 year old with face tats is an artistic genius

>The only upside is I enjoy a lot of these producers. To me, they shine more than the rapper.

I agree 100%, I feel like it's a golden age for hip hop production.

Most of these meme rappers I can at least find out why people enjoy em like Ski mask has a unique voice to me, Trippe is good at hooks, xxx is versatile but Lil Pump? What the fuck am I not getting? Why/how did he get a Gucci feature on his new tape?I just don't get it.

Lil Pump continued to do what X did on Look at Me, and made it his own thing. No one else is really like him, even though it seems like the easiest thing. But I'm sure the "ignorant" image he created for himself definitely helped with the fame.

Cause hes boring obviously

i'm from ft lauderdale and south florida loves denzel since this is his hometown. xxx as well. we dont fuck with kodak though.

He's like the whole 2011-2012 miami internet rap scene condensed into a watered down version for white people

>Not Rodeo

I know it's a mixtape but this is on par

>Boring

I liked his old shit from Raider Klan but he's boring as shit now

>a lot of it is just pure nonsense.
That's what I love about it, it's just fun, simple music. If I want more meaning in my songs there are plenty of other, non hip hop artists I can turn to.

when did you start listening to denzel curry

Pretty much these. Curry can be fun to listen to every now and again but he's ridiculously one-dimensional. There's not really any variety in his sound, be it the production or the rapping, and he's not original enough to make what he does all that entertaining.

New tape when?
I need more from this nigga

>hundreds of millions of plays

SO SLEPT ON BRA

>not even posting his best tape

youtube.com/watch?v=oSIOPwloI8Q

He was just on AJ Tracey's new album and it's a fucking banger.

I prefer it to The Persona Tape but it's very close. Out the front door is the best song though

clientele and trap mami confirmed best tracks. special mention: playboi carti- fetti, maxo´s part was sick

Ultimate Omega Mode is the sequel

youre retarded bro some of those people live in florida too