Why is apehoop irrelevant?

>The numbers are in, and let's just say they are not good for the NBA

>Last night's NFL draft saw a combined 9.2 millions viewers between ESPN and NFL Network

>Meanwhile, the NBA first round playoff game between the Spurs and Grizzlies had just over three million viewers, while the early game between the Raptors and Bucks scored only 1.8 million viewers

The NFL has always dwarfed the NBA, and the first round games of the NBA playoffs aren't popular because literally half the league is involved.

The Warriors sweep of the Blazers in game 3 got more views than the 4 hockey games that night combined x 2

>get home from work
>nba tip off
>niggers talking brought to you by beats
>go jerk off, shower, have dinner
>it's 3rd quarter
>67-69
>go read or do some random shit
>4th quarter 5 minutes left 96-95
>"great, haven't missed anything"

It's because you don't have to fucking watch until the last 5 minutes. The "sport" is a joke.

you missed the 10 point lead the griz had in the 3rd..

fuck you faggot

>Why is apehoop irrelevant?
It's not. Otherwise, you wouldn't have made this thread.

>Turn on Super bowl
>7-0
>Go take a shit
>Come back
>28-28
>"Great, I didn't miss anything."

The Finals will get absolutely insane ratings. Basketball has least parity of any sport and upsets are insanely hype + the physicality of playoff ball is incredibly entertaining.

More relevant than baseball.

Literally the "watch the last 20 seconds" sport.

Yeah but the pĺays are so different that you really feel you missed something unlike the NBA

no because all other sports are roller coaster rides, meanwhile basketball 99% of games are 90-90 until the end

There's no defense or anything, it's just white guys shooting threes and niggers doing layups.

99% of games are either tied or one team is winning by 20 with a minutes left.

NBA:
>you score lol
>no you score lol
>ok now you score
>ok your turn
etc. etc.

yawn

Why would you compare the NBA to the NFL? NFL is king, everyone knows this. So the Draft beat the out a couple playoff games. And? What's your point? You're not telling anyone what they don't already know.

>turn on soccer match
>nothing happens
>some guy fakes an injury
>decide to go have lunch with my gf
>come back after what feels like a long time
>0-0 after 90 minutes
>oh cool maybe I'll get to see a shootout
>ends in a tie
>players immediately take their shirt off
>broadcasters raving about what a tight match it was

I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me

Usually i agree but the more i learn about the sport the more i appreciate really strong defensive performances.

There are many 0-0 matches that are just due to shit finishing though and those are fucking dull

Lets compare the NFL to a far more irrelevant sport, hockey

Even though the NFL was way ahead, the NFL is obviously more popular and the draft effects a way broader audience than the playoffs do.

The NBA was still 2nd and miles ahead of everything else. You guys are beyond stupid sometimes. This is like saying that burger king is irrelevant because Mcdonalds makes more than they do, but they're still a multi billion dollar company making billions in revenue every year

aka nothing

we can at least agree the first half is not relevant

also it could be argued that only the playoffs are worth watching

Do you even know 1.8 million people Op?

Lol

bro MLB is almost 2x larger than the NBA

I don't respect a sport where even I could put a couple points up on the board at the highest level.

baseball is like twice as many games and white people actually are willing to spend their money on it

again that means absolutely nothing

and the NFL has 20% of the games the NBA has

20% of 82 = 16.4

>sweep
>game 3
We only wish the first round was best of 5

Because the last 20 seconds take 45 minutes

(you)

>turn on baseball match
>nothing happens
>guy on the hill throws the ball to the guy with the big mitten a bunch of times
>period ends
>another period ends
>literally no one does anything
>go to panera bread with my wife and her son
>come back after a long time
>0-0 after 4 hours
>flip over to ESPN to catch Michael and Jemele
>they keep interrupting it with some shit about dueling no hitters in the 14th inning or whatever, I can't even

Boreball, not even once

The MLB playoffs last year got higher ratings than Sunday Night Football

>go to panera bread with my wife and her son
>my wife and her son
>her son

>Baseball is like twice as many games
Don't worry, they should teach you about supply and demand by your Junior year in high school

I blame Curry.

/"""thread"""

What do those NFL contracts look like again? Okay fuck off cletus

The typical game doesn't go that high. Something about lack of intelligence from the concussed monkeys

Simple

It all points that memechuck twink mullato rich boy fagot Stephen Curry, he killed basketball and inspired this numale generation of pussies who are to scared to drive to the hoop or play with their back to the basket, fundamentals don't exist anymore

Removing the three point line will save the NBA