English speakers how long did it take you to attain fluency in German. Any tips are greatly appreciated

English speakers how long did it take you to attain fluency in German. Any tips are greatly appreciated

I'm still not fluent
t. Studying for 2 years

10 WW2 movies and the entire series of Hogans Heroes.

How good are you and how dedicated in your studies? How close would you say you are to being able to think in German?

Ich habe As in meinen Unterrichten bekommen und ich mag mein Deutsch üben. Ich kann Deutsche ein bisschen verstehen aber sie sagen mir immer noch, dass ich schlimm bin.

ah danke

>learn german
>germans speak arabic
????

Mein Gott. I haven't spoken a word of German out loud in 10 years, but I'm about 99% sure that's wrong.

You do realize German has a different word order than English, right? You can't just think something out in English, translate the words, then write them down. Ordnung muss sein.

Of all I'm sure, I know the word order is correct

I probably won't even go to Germany. I just like the language

OO meine bruda dis ist uber easy lingua fur mir dankeschoen fur alles ich mochte gets in deutschland jetz fur die bratswurst oder hamburgeren

no foreigners are fluent in german.
apart from the dutch maybe
if someone claims he is, he is lying to you

>I haven't spoken a word of German out loud in 10 years,
then shut the fuck up

That is so obviously made up

post a youtube vid then

Be that as it may, I'm telling you, that's not how Germans speak. Can't correct the entire sentence, but I know that for example instead of schlimm, Germans would definitely say schlecht.

The emperor is naked though.

then write your own version, faggot.
correct him. and we will see what you know

fluent does not equal indistinguishable from the native population

no i mean more or less grammatically correct at the very least

Calm your tits, he literally said a post earlier he is not fluent.
Ofcourse anglos wont speak or write German without a mistake when they are still learning.

You really think no one has ever achieved fluency? That's just such a naive opinion

Is German grammar harder to learn than English grammar?

hab seit 6 Jahre Deutsch gesprochen, und es bleibt immer für mich im B2-C1 Niveau. Ich schätze, dass in ungefähr 2 Jahre ich es fließend sprechen können

more than one german told me that they never met a foreigner who spoke fluent german (using proper genders and word agreement). except maybe for those who lived in germany for a really long time. you can learn to write more or less correctly since you can take your time and check your grammar. but there is no way you can speak correctly. i mean it is possible of course but it is very hard. i know someone who lived there for 5 years and her vocabulary was very good but she wouldn't even try to use proper word agreement and just used random noun endings etc. so basically speaking broken german

>Ich schätze, dass in ungefähr 2 Jahre ich es fließend sprechen können
Ich schätze, dass ich es in ungefähr 2 Jahren fließend sprechen kann.

i'm drunk sorry Buntland