Jessica Jones Season 2 Will Feature All Female Directors

Jessica Jones Season 2 Will Feature All Female Directors

>One of the strengths of Netflix’s Marvel series — which have garnered plenty of praise from critics, Marvel fans, and casual TV viewers alike — has been their ability to diversify the MCU in terms of tone by offering more mature, grounded stories. However, both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have also diversified in terms of those involved with the shows’ production both in front of and behind the camera. In the case of Jessica Jones, showrunner Melissa Rosenberg is continuing to push for more representation with the show’s second season.

>During her keynote panel at the Transform Hollywood symposium, Rosenberg said all 13 episodes of Jessica Jones season 2 will be directed by women, as reported by Variety’s Maureen Ryan. It remains to be seen who these women will be, but with Jessica Jones season 2 expected to film after The Defenders — which is set to begin in early November — it’s likely we may learn more soon enough.

MEN BTFO

>show that only women watch
>directed by all women
Makes sense desu

Has any television show ever been confirmed to be worst than a shitty original like this before?

>(((Rosenberg)))
mere coincidence, right?

Can I watch this on Netflix?

Oh look, another redditor using his echo because he's too afraid to say Jew out right. You anti Semitic redditors are fucking pathetic. Go back to your safe space

False flagging redditors like yourself are the worst

Not sure why everyone shits on JJ. I like it better than Daredevil. Still undecided about Luke Cage since I haven't finished it.

Kilgrave was the only reason to watch this.

will they show her tiddies?

CISsica Jones

What storylines will they do for the individual series' after the defenders? I'm so excited to see it all come together but I feel like everything after it is going to feel so weak because the stakes won't be as high. Like how Marvel Phase 1 was pretty good and all the individual hero movies since have just been to set up other things.

>JJ
Because he ruined everything.

Nigga Daredevil S1 is better than every Netflix show.

The only thing i dislike about this is theyre obviously choosing directors just because theyre female.

Jessica Jones was equal to or better than daredevil, but if they scrapped the original directors just to promote an agenda then that won't remain true for long.

>comic based television show

JJ was only better than cage (2nd half)
it's gonna be trash without purple man

Liberal spotted.

This.
I fear next season will be fucking shit now. Damn, I liked the first season too.

>all women
>diversity
???

Diversity is code for non-white straight male.

How is this not sexism?

Replace racism with any other -ism and you get the regressive mindset.

>The only thing i dislike about this is theyre obviously choosing directors just because theyre female.

Well, that's generally a qualification when looking to hire a roster of female directors, yes. That being said, there is no shortage of talented women directors in the world of television to ensure that they're hiring the best women. All the aspiring female directors who manage to get one feature film made and then get thrown in director's jail wind up in TV land eventually. If I were to hazard a guess, some of the names they'll be looking at would include Roxann Dawson (yes, B'Elanna Torres, she mostly directs these days), Rachel Talalay, Lexi Alexander, and maybe Patty Jenkins (if her duties with the Wonder Woman franchise and the fact that she bailed on Thor: The Dark World don't preclude her).

Someone didn't get the memo. It's 2016 for Pete's sake.

How many of these women are black/trans/lesbian though? Replacing white males with white females is not diversity

>female super-hero
>"feminist overtones"
>entire story is about her getting raped and clinging on to her psychotic ex-boyfriend regardless
This is like Penny Dreadful all over again.

>"How about we make a show about Victorian era hor-"
>"Nope! Rape and homosexuality it is!"

VUJ

So some arguments I have seen already are that because they are women, that they will be able to present JJ clearer than a male could

But wasnt S1 critically acclaimed and the majority were men?

If there's anyone here who thinks that jessica jones is better than anything other than watching horse shit decaying you should probably kys irl tbqh familia

Men and women aren't so deep and mysterious that only men/women can understand them properly. Making an interesting story depends on being a good writer. The lead-writer for the Uncharted games and Soul Reaper is a woman and she wrote interesting male characters. Likewise you can find interesting female ones being written by male writers. It comes down to knowing your job, which many proto-feminist writers simply suck at.
So they claim that "only a woman can write a female character" in order to still find work, since they can't compete on the merit of their writing.

I mean i dont have a problem if they just happen to have all women directors.

But when they announce that "we only going to have women directors" it shows that they arent going to pick the best directors. That they will only consider women. I dont even know how that is legal.

Isnt workplace discrimination based on gender illegal?
If i dont consider someone for a job because theyre male, thats discrimination.

Jesus it's the one female lead capeshit show they have, quit whining about equal opportunity

>Diveristy
>All women

Do they even know what diversity means?

>But wasnt S1 critically acclaimed and the majority were paid shills

ftfy

Im not whining about equal opportunity, I'm just sick of how every show is being promoted by bullshit virtue signalling. Every damn thing is a political statement these days.

For me it's dds1>jj>luke cage = dds2

>Anti-Semetic

God forbid anyone name the Jew, right?

will not watch david tennant died doctor who is the only thing in which david tennant is allowed to die

No one gives a shit about your shit taste cuck

all (((female))) directors.

I get it, I do.
Women need to have their moments too, a show that's all theirs. A no males allowed show, made by women for women where women kick ass.
Same for blacks. They want a show with no whites allowed, again made by blacks for blacks and all that.
It's fair for them and why not let them have these shows anyway?
By all means, let them have shows like that and I'll stay away peacefully and go watch something else.
I won't care about them, they'll be happy with them and everything's alright.

But the problem is... the Defenders. Which I will want to watch for the sake of the Punisher and to a lesser extent the Daredevil and hopefully Iron Fist as well, but skipping Jessica Jones and Luke Cage because they're not made for a guy like me, it's going to make me miss a huge part of the story.
I'm not going to suffer through Jessica Jones and Luke Cage just to be up to date with the Defenders. It's just a fucking show and I'm not gonna watch it if I'm not gonna like it. If I can't have the whole thing, I'll have nothing at all, not even the Punisher series. Let only minorities watch that too if they care.

wtf I hate Jessica Jones now

all anyone needs to know about luke cage and jessica jones is that luke cage is really strong and is bulletproof and jessica jones is really strong too

when the defenders comes out anyone can probably just jump right into it because their backstory isn't really going to matter

>But when they announce that "we only going to have women directors" it shows that they arent going to pick the best directors.

So, in your mind, female directors are automatically inferior, that they cannot possibly be the best directors. Gotcha. It's nice of you to state it outright like that.

They can't handle the BBC, & strong women intimidates the betas

It's not like I would do her. She literally has a BLACKED.com tattoo on her.

That's not gonna cut it.
Too much character progression, back story origins, and the relationship between them that I'll be expected to know.
Claire will be telling Luke something like remember when this and that happened with Diamondback, and I'll be like no, I don't remember it because I wasn't interested in watching a series meant only for black people, so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about and I won't be able to properly appreciate the Defenders show then or to a lesser extent maybe upcoming seasons of Daredevil, Punisher and Iron Fist.
So no, I'm ditching them all.

cool story man, one less shitter I have to worry about in JJ threads

You won't enjoy those.
Either they're gonna be awfully quiet because no one will be interested in making ones or everyone's gonna be complaining about how bad it was.

when a series is as shit as JJ it deserves to be shat on

sure buds, w/e you say
obviously, you're virgins who have been rejected all your life so you have to shit on them every-change you get on a anonymous fingerboard.

It's pretty pathetic, now that I think about it. I almost feel sorry for you..

found the fat femanon

I'm sure there are plenty of good female directors, but it is highly unlikely that they went through a meritocratic hiring process and all the best directors they could get happen to be female purely by coincidence.

I'm not shitting on it, I just don't care.
I am gonna be the one who is not gonna be participating on JJ threads cause I will not watch it.
I'm just predicting that those threads are gonna be a shitfest because realistically JJ s2 will suck.
Because when you hire people based on their gender or race and not because they're good enough for making these series, then these series are gonna suck.
Because you're more interested in furthering a political agenda than making a good TV series. That's the truth of it.

It's shit because it is three episodes too long.
Kilgrave got caught four times and escaped each time because the people who caught him were cunts to each other and let him go.
The only time he actually escaped off of his own skills and wits was the first time when he had a team following him around to rescue him if he was ever grabbed up.

So you have a bad guy who only succeeds because the good guys suck. Other than I think two he's the lead antagonist of almost every episode and while Tennant sold the fucking shit out of the character the writing and plotting dragged on and on.

>still responding with full paragraphs in a thread he chose not to ignore cause "he didn't care"
wew lad

I'm all excited! More BBC, Cuckholding and White Villains, Please!

The other good news is that if they're grabbing up all the women directors then they won't be around to period-leak their untalented skills onto other better TV shows.

>Stronk independent women show
>Fucks her way out of every situation

Cool.

>The lead-writer for the Uncharted games and Soul Reaper is a woman and she wrote interesting male characters. Likewise you can find interesting female ones being written by male writers. It comes down to knowing your job, which many proto-feminist writers simply suck at.
>So they claim that "only a woman can write a female character" in order to still find work, since they can't compete on the merit of their writing.

Whenever someone tells you that only "x-person" can write stories about "x-people" ask them if "x-people" can write stories about white people.
Watch their heads break.

You're the one responding to me, prompting another reply.

So you do care?
Got it

I just made a post in this thread to tell my intention of not watching JJ s2 and any future series of Marvel Netflix.
It could have been it and no more if I wasn't being attacked for it.

My head wouldn't break. I didn't grow up with white people and I don't give a shit about their experience. If I were to write about white people I'd write about what they tell me and that's all.

Face it. He blew you the fuck out.

How come this isn't considered sexist? Is it seriously because people think you can't be sexist against men? What fucking world do these people live in.

Sexism means sexism + power, and as we all know women are weaker compared to men.

Nice of you to stop there and not include the following sentence stating they wouldnt even consider a male director.

Exactly.

If they just had all female directors that'd be fine.
There would be people who said " they were being sexist against men when choosing directors", but it would just be speculation.

But theyre saying "all female directors" as if that is a reason to support and watch the show.
Its the same shit with the new ghostbusters.
The fuss people made about them being women ruined the movie for me. Constant "girl power" and "u go girl" shit is sickening. Just as it would be sickening if people were "boy power" or "u go boy" and shit.

Replace bottle with a sign that says 'patriarchy'.