This is the ideal album. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

This is the ideal album. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

oh yeah baby, let's get freaky on the dance floor! wooo!

one of my favourite albums 2bh

it's beautiful

You're both godsends anons :)

Yeah it's a goodun. I like it a lot more than their debut

Tiger trap were a better band

WHAT'S FORBIDDEN
IS A TREASURE HIIIIIIDEN
I FOUND YOUUUU
SO MANY LOCKS AND CHAINS
HIDE YOUUUUU

Find a better opener. Pro tip: there isn't.

That's not Black Candy.

Black candy isn't really good lad
Jamboree is the move

this
i just don't like Calvin's voice fucking sue me fangays

Calvin has a very consistent discography. If you like one record you'll like another

Almost half of Jamboree is unlistenable.

What's the matter little baby? Can't handle the twee power electronics on This Man Boyfriends club?

Yes

Yes. Also the fucking progression from their early EPs to this album is absolutely incredible. Such a cool thing to see, and although I am sad they never released another album, YTMO is such a fucking incredible album to end on
Unironically The This Many Boyfriends Club is my favorite song on Jamboree. I fucking love it. It's so unsettling and amazing

*blocks your path*
what do?

Give them all a big hug and say thank you :)

Is the girl a lesbo?

probably

Hot Chocolate booooooy!

you turn me on > jamboree > s/t > POWER GAP > dreamy > black candy
tbdesu

Correct

Black Candy > You Turn Me On > Dreamy > Beat Happening > Jamboree

Close:
You Turn Me On (10/10)>Beat Happening (9.5/10)>Jamboree (8.5/10)>Black Candy (7/10)>Dreamy (6/10)

I just heard it for the first time and really liked it. Ill listen to the s/t now.

It's a lot different and very barebones so be prepared

It's almost nothing like it
S/T and Jamboree to a lesser extent is literally recordings of 19 year olds who barely had enough money for equipment let alone recording fidelity play really basic and cute pop songs mixed with some genuinely punk as fuck rockers

Black Candy and You Turn Me On are their best albums. How can anyone claim otherwise? The first album is a monument, but it's nowhere near to be a good album. The best songs from the first album are "Our Secret", "I Love You", "Bad Seeds" and a few others which are nowhere near as good as songs from Jamboree, and Jamboree in comparrisson to Black Candy is also not that great. Dreamy was better then Jamboree and Black candy is their second-best. You Turn Me On was the album which they made at the highest peek of their creative force as a band. The last album cannot be toped.
Beat Happening are one of those bands who recorded albums and each new album was better then the last, exceeding the previous one in quality, production and musical skill.
Beat Happening are one of my absolute favorite bands and I would die happy if I could see them live.

>Beat Happening (9.5/10)
>Black Candy (7/10)

- It doesn't get any more pretentious then this. Their first album is rather a 4/10, and I'm a hardcore Beat Happening fan.
Black Candy is a 9/10. You Turn Me On is spot on 10/10, Dreamy is an 8,5/10, Jamboree 7,5/10

Smh, how can someone have such shit taste. How can you like black candy more than their self titled?! Beat Happening is the most charming album of all time. Black Candy has nothing special about it seperating it from their other albums. It's really good but again there's nothing special about it