>mock diversity in the next video

what the fuck is their problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikifeet.com/Mike_Stoklasa
youtube.com/watch?v=YGjfO7iML5s
youtu.be/HUb_zpdyDpU?t=36
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not like this

Diversity on screen is good, but it doesn't mean you can't be cynical about the actual motive that a bunch of Jewish men have to insert diversity into the media they produce.

It's just like how they constantly mock the soulless corporate machine that pumps out Marvel movies, while generally giving the Marvel movies favorable reviews.

Maybe he likes the way it was implemented in on movie and not in another.

Ever thought of that?

He hasn't even seen the Rogue One yet.

>this is what broke brains actually believe

He's trying not to be labeled as a cuckservative

He's going to shit on it for being more serious and not like muh OT. His TFA review was too positive so he's going to go into Rogue One more cynically.

They have no idea what they actually want, because there is nothing to want in diversity, it's just nonsense. Because of this confusion, they sporadically change their minds even when it goes against what they said one minute ago.

It's simple. Plinkett likes diversity, Mike doesn't

They can sense the problems inherent in diversity, but don't want to jump off the ledge of becoming actual racists. It's understandable and somewhere that I lingered for quite a while.

For the time being, they will praise 'natural' diversity and criticize 'forced' diversity and blatant pandering.

Their position will likely change as the window of public discourse moves. If it's safe for them to be more racist, they will likely do so. If the window moves even further to the left, they might either fall in line or take their mild edge further and become more explicitly racist. If that's what happens, they'll experiment with it by putting more explicit racism in the mouths of 'characters' like Plinkett to test the waters.

Checked

wikifeet.com/Mike_Stoklasa

>praise

They said the movies are for kids and kids don't give a shit about diversity.

>not being racist

pleb

>criticizes RLM
>doesn't even understand the points RLM tries to make
Great job, OP!

How the fuck did that guy let that punch actually land, what the fuck, like fucking one hour wind up

>this is pequod

It's called pandering.

Plinkett reviews are their portfolio to studios heads. Which gets more traction ever since their last SW reviews.

These videos are for their viewers.

Reality check, RLM is a business.

>Plinkett reviews are their portfolio to studios heads.
lol what the fuck are you babbling about?

They're mocking diversity for its own sake. Having a lot of characters who look different can be good, but when you're forcing it just for the sake of being diverse than it's annoying.

I wouldn't call it praise. All he said was diversity is fine, as long as you don't try to make it the focus of the movie (I.E. Ghostbusters). He also went on to say that he believes Star Wars was never really concerned with diversity and it's only cynical adults who care about that sort of shit.

Did he adress the blatant mary sueism in the review?

They're more just mocking the clear studio motives of having diversity. It's a bunch of white dudes sitting around a table deciding they need diversity in their movies.

It's diversity specifically done to appeal to a wider range of audience and make them look good, it's pretending to come from a moral high ground but they underestimated our power to see through it.

They can appreciate a more diverse cast because the cast was all good, but still mock the fact that it's so blatantly being done to make old white studio heads more money.

>diversity is bad except when it isn't
What?

No, really, how is the diversity forced here but not forced there?

Racism is a sign of a stunted or poorly developed mind. Let us look at the facts:

Racists make broad generalizations based on a few simple and often incomplete observations. They lack the intellectual capacity for thought and reason.
Racists lack the perception to evaluate what they observe and simply attribute every problem they see or face on matters of race, oblivious to matters of sociological or economical importance.
Racists are ignorant about all the benefits that globalization, multiculturalism, etc, have created for the modern civilized world.
Racists identify primarily with an idealized notion of their race or nation rather than identifying as free-thinking individuals or human beings.
Although Racists are proud of their race, they have never contributed anything of worth to humanity and yet feel obliged to berate people for being of a different ethnicity, culture, or creed.

Plinkett was freaking out that Rey wasn't blacked

You realize this video is satire right? It's simply mocking all the main talking points every "trailer breakdown" video does.

Fuck. Why do so many of you autists watch RLM if you don't even understand them?

>"we're only pretending to be retarded!"

Probably one of the best posts i've read on Sup Forums.

Are you talking about RLM or RLM shitposters?

The point he was trying to make was that they built up the Rey and Finn relationship and ultimately had it go nowhere.

I always hate these "we're not going to make a video about this for clicks, instead we're going to make a video about this for clicks but IRONICALLY" videos.

It's like, I get it, you need money, and this is an easy way to get it, but fuck, at least those other videos aren't pretending to be above it.

It's just a comedy video. RLM has always parodied pop culture trends. Not sure why this triggers you so much.

his shit talking is only considered "praise" by people like you faggots that so easy to trigger

he probably doesn't care one way or another but he knows that it'll ruffle feathers on each pole simply by bringing it up.

The fact that the Plinkett review triggered EVERYONE was glorious.

can't they just stay friends? people become friends you know, they don't have to fuck all of the sudden

Because I don't like clickbait and this is just clickbait, but more annoying because it's trying to pretend to not be clickbait.

No. NO! They have to fuck! Plinkett was RIGHT!!!

>>No, really, how is the diversity forced here but not forced there?

>here we have a woman and a black man joining the rebellion
>have we seen black people and women in the rebellion before?
>checks
>yep okay

Contrast to:

>here's some asian stereotype martial arts guys
>oh look here's a black guy who isn't a young smoothtalker, too
>here we have some storm troopers who also use samurai swords and martial arts

It just seems natural that there would be more than white male humans and it just sort of "is" in the context of TFA.

Here it seems more like they're heading down the pandering/bait road, trying to play up "asians fight karate" and other silly shit we have never had reason to believe was a feature of Star Wars.

Still not seeing how TFA wasn't forced diversity yet RO is.

I mean, Abrams straight up said he cast the characters with diversity priority number one. It doesn't get much more forced than that.

It's not pretending to be anything it's not.

I guess if you are only looking at skin color then yes, you're right about it being the same.

It just seemed to me that RO was relying more on playing up tropes/stereotypes related to the races of the people included in the film whereas TFA was just a "tick the boxes on the right number of X color and Y sex" thing.

It can't be forced if it's a priority. It was going to be a diverse cast right from the start. How can you force yourself to do what you already planned to do?

The only stereotype in it is one of the Asian guys is a martial arts guy, but then again, his actor is a martial arts guy, too, and he's not the only Asian in it.

"Forced" meaning "not natural, but rather deliberately done."

Abrams deliberately set out to make it diverse, hence the diversity is forced.

If that's the only stereotype/trope you saw then that's cool. I saw more and feel differently about it, but I'm not going to tell you you're a FUCKING WHITE MALE or something if you're pumped to see it. Good on you.

I'm pretty sure the point of the rogue one trailer review was to parody star wars clickbait and all the points that are constantly made in those videos

Only stereotype. It's full of tropes but Star Wars has always been tropes, that's what makes it good.

>"not natural, but rather deliberately done."
Every single casting call ever. They don't pick the most natural looking people for the roles, dude.

If they cast people they like for the roles, and wind up with a diverse cast, that's natural diversity.

If they say "okay we need X blacks, Y asians, and Z others" and you have race quotas, that's forced diversity.

I think I should make this clear: I have nothing against TFA or RO, I just don't know why you'd complain about "forced diversity" in RO when Abrams made it clear he had race quotas in TFA. To me, it's like getting mad about "forced diversity in the new Power Rangers movie" and saying that the original series wasn't like that. Well, no, it was like that.

v good numbers my family

>If they cast people they like for the roles, and wind up with a diverse cast, that's natural diversity.
How can you prove this wasn't the case in TFA? The roles were set from the start, nobody pulled a gun on Abrams and told him to start casting black people.

>If they say "okay we need X blacks, Y asians, and Z others" and you have race quotas, that's forced diversity.
Can you prove these race quotas exist? What's wrong, artistically speaking, about choosing whatever race you want to include in your plot?

I'm sure you have nothing against the film, even if you did I wouldn't mind, but I don't see how this was forced.

Retard.

TFA was criticised for not having any Asians in leading roles.

Rogue One then sticks a bunch in to appease those critics, but somehow still fucks up because they're in a stereotypical role.

There's interviews with Abrams where he says straight up that diversity in the cast, and casting racial minorities, was something he wanted to do with Star Wars and was something he was thinking about in casting, where he made it clear that the race of the actors was something they considered during casting.

And, currently, Bad Robots has a hiring quota: 50 percent women, 12 percent black, 18 percent Hispanic, 6 percent Asian.

>TFA was criticised for not having any Asians in leading roles.
Which doesn't disprove what I've said, just that they weren't diverse enough despite making a clear, conscious effort.

>they're in a stereotypical role.
Well, there's more than one Asian in Rogue One, and only one could be considered a stereotype (even then, the actor is a martial arts actor).

Nice get, but you are such a simple minded fucking idiot, it isn't worth explaining.

Here's the exact quote from Abrams on the casting process for Star Wars Episode VII:

>We wrote these characters but when we went to cast it, one of the things I had felt, having been to the Emmys a couple times — you look around that room and you see the whitest fucking room in the history of time. Its just unbelievably white. And I just thought, we’re casting this show and we have an opportunity to do anything we want, why not cast the show with actors of color? Like not for sure, and if we can’t find the actors who are great, we shouldn’t, but why don’t we make that effort because it wasn’t written that way and isnt that the cooler version of doing this as opposed to saying ‘this is an urban show’. It fucking kills me when they call something ‘an urban movie’ like its a separate thing, like ‘its that thing over there.’

He makes it blunt that race was on his mind during casting and that using "actors of color" was a deliberate choice.

Again, I don't think this is a bad thing (Boyega as Finn was one of my favorite things about the movie), but let's not pretend that the diversity in TFA wasn't deliberate and forced when it very clearly was.

Quints of stupidity. Congratulations OP, when the alien in charge of ancient Sup Forums studies 10,000 years from now skims through the posts from this year he's going to notice your post and call over his alien buddies to laugh at how fucking retarded you are. That's your legacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=YGjfO7iML5s

this thread is now about That Guy With The Glasses

Jack or Josh?

Mike isn't a deep thinking and doesn't really know what he wants.

>Racists are ignorant about all the benefits that globalization, multiculturalism, etc, have created for the modern civilized world.

Can somebody list one good thing about multiculti that has nothing to do with exotic food

Subversion of the goyim so they no longer threaten the chosen.

>TFA Plinkett is a legitimate review on the current state of star wars
>not realising this was making baseless, and pointless statements
Are you thick?

Genetically, a diverse gene pool is superior.

I'll start off by saying I'm not a Sup Forumsshit or really a liberal, and I see how multiculturalism can be very divisive to a nation.

That being said, I see it as inevitable given moral and liberty-based obligations. I believe people should be able to move to whatever country they choose out of freedom, so our world can be relatively open for all people to do what they will. Also, I think it is wrong to turn people away that come to do hard, good work (which you can assume given visas)

Is this board Sup Forums-lite?

They had to add the diversity bit to the Plinkett review otherwise they'd have to suffer with Josh REEEEEing nonstop for the rest of the year

mixing with niggers doesn't make people superior

>Is this board Sup Forums-lite?
Sup Forums likes to shitpost here.

Actually, it makes it much harder for certain people to get the proper transplants. Chances are your half Cherokee, quarter Japanese, quarter penguin grandchildren would have a very hard time finding suitable doners if they're ever in an accident.

There is also an increased rate of mental illness in mixed children. I can't get the study right now because I'm phone posting

Medical knowledge, architecture, art, music and science.

If people are choosing blacks, it's because those blacks are superior, regardless of how you feel.

Yes, as the Nazis were well aware, the Aryan master race was an unstoppable force. Remind me , Sup Forums. What happened to them?

>Chances are your half Cherokee, quarter Japanese, quarter penguin grandchildren would have a very hard time finding suitable doners if they're ever in an accident.
le penguins xDD, so random.

The Eternal Anglo struck again.

You know people can talk about stuff without having a certain agenda in the back of their heads right? I mean that's how it usually goes. It's morons like you who overthink everything that's really the problem.

So far the West is exporting that to all other countries to our own detriment and expense.

>it makes it much harder for certain people to get the proper transplants
Only because it's not the norm.

>There is also an increased rate of mental illness in mixed children.
The psychological problems are caused by society, and would not be an issue if mixed was the norm.

>it's a stormblr gets triggered by seeing people who don't look like them in movies episode

Positive female role models good
Pandering to Chinese demographic after lukewarm reception of Force Awakens
Disabled black guy to promote awareness
No black members of RLM good
Delivery of dialogue make fans confused
Possible swipe are Oriental speech patterns
Fans wonder if RLM are racist
Rich n Mike smile say no
RLM look fan in the eye while spit in face
Rich masterbates with toy droid

>it's society's problem

The calling card of the cultural marxist.

But that also describes people who complain about "representation" and "Oscars so white" and other things.

I mean, ultimately, if you're crying that a character is white or isn't white, you're just some dumb racist who can't handle that not everybody looks like them and you need to get over it.

That's not how superiority works you utter braying spastic.

It's not a genetic problem but more of a problem of not fitting the norm.

I live in a country where my race makes up less than 1% of the population. If I look for a transplant here, I am fucked. I am literally fucked. But that's not because of "genetics being inferior" or anything, but rather me just not fitting in.

You're misrepresenting the situation to make it appear that they have genetic issues when that's not the case at all.

>Society must rearrange itself to fit the needs of the extreme minority.

No, faggot. You assimilate or you leave. it's not everyone else's fault you can't adapt.

Never said this, though. You're not understanding that this isn't a genetic issue but more a problem anyone is going to face when they genetically aren't the norm.

If you lived where I did, I guarantee you'd be faced with the same problem. Does that make you a genetic inferior? No.

You will become the minority within your lifetime and you'd better hope you're treated better than you treated minorities.

I was very surprised to hear a track from The Thin Red Line soundtrack and turns out they do use one in this youtu.be/HUb_zpdyDpU?t=36

What's the point ?

Jessi soles when?

Google ottoman impact on european culture.

I'm sure there's someone on Sup Forums with a whole collection better protected and organized than the human genome

Except Plinkett complained about diversity in the prequels