Why havent you started following Buddha yet, Sup Forums?

Why havent you started following Buddha yet, Sup Forums?

-More carefree lifestyle
-Able to breath through your balls
-Less yang and more ying
-Women love buddhists
-Can meditate and read a lot and learn
-Can successfully understand and use the deadliest fighting style in the world, Tai Chi.

The list goes on.

Buddhism is by far the most non violent, successful, intelligent religions to ever exist. No Excuses.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_sexuality
youtube.com/watch?v=KmThdVnWNi8
youtube.com/watch?v=GPINIZmQDwI
godinallthings.com/2013/10/21/buddhism-ignatian-spirituality-parallels/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Buddhism is by far the most non violent, successful, intelligent religions to ever exist.

That might be why Islam outnumbers it by a fucking lot. Tucking your tail between your legs and staying 'carefree' isn't how you develop civilization.

And as much as I like meditation, you pseudubuddhist new age faggots who use it as a status symbol are the absolute fucking worst.

>That might be why Islam outnumbers it by a fucking lot. Tucking your tail between your legs and staying 'carefree' isn't how you develop civilization.

Then why does India have no crime and a space program? Indians are some of the happiest in the world.

They are hindu you dindu.

Because Lao is older, wiser, and very low maintenance.
Hence I know the value of non-action.

>Indians are some of the happiest in the world.

Right? I mean, they're so content and in the moment, that they have no need for materialistic things such as toilets, opting instead to defecate in the fields.

Why not stocism OP?
-not a religion, but still space for spirituality
-High test philosophy, focuses on big issues instead of linguistics
-makes you a better man
- Doesnt carry the baggage of religion and unfounded belief

A large amount of indians are actually buddhist.

>-Less yang and more ying
You are doing it wrong, faggot.

This is a bait thread. You have either a false or distorted view of the Middle way. If you want for it you are doing it wrong. If you see it as a means you are doing it wrong. If you are doing anything other than living in the moment in the hopes for a tomorrow with less suffering for all you are doing it wrong. For truly this would be the best possible thing. But our control is limited.

Less of this more of that, women will love you. Shut the Fuck up.

Buddhists aren't stupid. True walkers of the path will see through this.

I agree and disagree with you friend. The first statement is rooted in bait Op's false representation. You need only look at the Buddhist pushback on Muslim aggression in Asia. Theme middle way is not about being "good". It is about maintaining equilibrium. A death for a death is reasonable according to circumstance. Of equality needs to be maintained by force so be it.

I agree that new age western pseudo Buddhism is a scourge equal to new age leftism. A status symbol to for the masses.

>Women love buddhists

bruh do u even know buddhism? buddhism cleans your spirit, but it also makes you the most unsocial and boring person out there.

If u wanna be with a clean spirit, but only deal with cleaning your spirit then sure go for it.

Oh so since I posted something you don't agree with, then it is automatically bait? Hi Plebbit.

You are very wrong, buddhists often talk about how sex is the lifeforce. Something you wouldnt understand,

buddhism teaches you how to clean your soul - by abandoning the temptations of the secular world.

"So one, always mindful, should avoid sexual desires. Letting them go, he will cross over the flood like one who, having bailed out the boat, has reached the far shore."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_sexuality

I don't know what buddhism have you been studying, but it's way off.

Ill just debunk that with one video.

youtube.com/watch?v=KmThdVnWNi8

Is Buddha aryan?

that is not the traditional buddhism. gtfo.

Mad that you got debunked in 20 seconds? Osho is one of the followers and founded of the modern day buddhism.

You think christianity is how it was when it was formed? No you dumb fucking nigger. Quit crying, youre wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPINIZmQDwI
this

"modern day buddhism" is disobeying the greatest guidelines of buddha and should not be considered buddhism at all.

abandoning temptations is step 1 in buddhism.

I'm not a christian so I wouldn't happen to care?

top kek, comparing modern day buddhism to traditional buddhism is like comparing modern day dancing to traditional dancing. you can't.

Hail Odin!
Hail Perun!

buddhism wasn't supposed to be a religion in the first place
gautama was just teaching how to attain enlightenment

Again, do you think any religion is exactly how it was when it formed? Then fuck right off.

Christianity is different
Buddhism is different
Hinduism is different
Judaism is diferent

The only one failry similar is islam.

That goy is not a buddhist.

Yes he is.

>exactly how it was when it formed

no, never said that.

I said that modern day buddhism doesn't follow the greatest guideline of traditional buddhism at all, hence it doesn't carry the same meaning anymore.

which one?

>Buddhism
> most non violent

This meme needs to end

The dali lama is a marxist for God sakes

>Why aren't you a follower

I don't choose my religion by what feels good or what's easiest. I follow based on truth.

If I did I would have remained a southern Baptist where I was comfortable and where my family is and the friends I grew up with. Can't be cucked by feelings when searching for truth. Theyre important but can be blinding. Took years and a great deal of anguish though for me to come to terms with it.

t. Catholic

It's retarded OSHO, a generic Indian guru.

>That isnt buddhism!!!!
>Links script from when the scripture was made

>s-see!!!

Youre a fucking nobody kid. I bet youre athiest too and youre commenting on a buddhist thread

Fuck you and your zen """""buddhism"""".
You people have ruin the ideology of Siddhārtha.
Fuck you and get the fuck out of my religion you damn hippie.

tell us more about breathing thru your balls OP

Buddhists are badasses who remove kabab, not even "Christians" do that anymore

you may be the most peaceful person in the world but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog

wow you're real funny xd is this your best attempt at trolling?

gtfo with ur false buddhism lmfao

jesus and several other christians were buddhas (title buddha, not the person)
saint ignatius of loyola for example: godinallthings.com/2013/10/21/buddhism-ignatian-spirituality-parallels/
mein nigger

Egoism and anti-nihilism is what the world needs

Catholicism offers all those things and more.

Fuckin this.

>Christianity is different

Not really. At least not among the apostolic churches. The hierarchy remains near identical to that of the late 1st century when Peter and Paul established the Church. And dogma remains unchanged. Though tone and non dogmatic practices have changed with time. That mechanism has been acknowledged since the beginning.

Protestent and gnostic churches are a whole different story. They've changed quite a bit in terms of belief practice structure etc.

In fairness mainstream churches still keep core beliefs such as the trinity, baptism, death and resurection of Christ, and hypostatic union

>islam is same

It factionalized alot after muhammad. f you mean hasn't changed much overall than you're correct but that's if you discount the changes muhammad mad through his life and the changes his successors mad in the 100 years or so after his death.

buddhists literally got kicked out of india by kebab you stupid faggot, just because you saw one quote from a chink doesn't mean they're "badasses"

>Ha he said something I dont like so he is a troll!!!

Keep going kid, I can tell you dont have school today

Kill yourself you kiddie diddler taig.

Because religion is bull shit. Ask any nigger,the 2 biggest cons are pimping and preaching.

tfw not a single (you) itt

Some things in life should (possibly are) not up to the individual to decide. Maybe I am a Muslim or a Buddhist and that's god's choice, but I'd rather follow Christ

>jesus and several other christians were buddhas (title buddha, not the person)
>saint ignatius of loyola for example: godinallthings.com/2013/10/21/buddhism-ignatian-spirituality-parallels/

your missing the big pictures. As some one educated by the Jesuits I'm well acquainted with The Spiritual Mediations of Ignatious.

Most religions contain truth. However it is incomplete or distorted. In the case of Buddhism you recognize the truth in the teachings of Christ and deep spiritual devotion of his Saints. Hence why you refer to them with title of Buhhda. That's you're spring board to the full truth.

Christ is more than just a Buhhda but the Son of God. Both fully Human and fully Divine. You can see the goodmes of the divine but you must also learn the goodness of this world.

Because I am planning on killing myself soon and I prefer not to be reincarnated as theres a good chance I could roll a poverty stricken negro

>They are hindu you dindu

kek'd

but you're not working towards enlightenment, aka the state reached, are you?

Isn't everyone?

I believe in God, now.
I was a Buddhist for many years.

passively yes if you believe in reincarnation
I'm talking about active approach, with your current mind

Nah, you're plebbit because you're following an ancint spritual system because you think it gets you pussy.

because I'm not a political whore.

also Buddha is more or less term for anyone who reached enlightenment

Buddism promotes autism.And with all their kung fu and jew jewtsu they does nothing but spend their entire life as a NEET.

Religion is apocalyptic rubbish.

Waiting for end times is no way to live now.

Buddhism offers nothing
delivers nothing
and is nothing

Being 2 edgy can cause cancer user.

>waiting for the end times is no way to live now
I implore you to question that belief

at least they dont shit in public

awwwww
here ya go

Buddhism is literally about living in the moment you fucking cunt
Get educated

>implying temple dwelling NEETS can even take shit in public even they wanted to.

I went through religion and came out the other side.
Its a control system with a happy apocalypse at the end (for the faithful), every main religion promotes the same things.

sorry religion people but I choose to not live as if the world ends at any second, to me that is insanity.

its more apocalypse at some future point bollocks like jesus and mohammed and odin.

>There will be a new era in which the next Buddha Maitreya will appear, but it will be preceded by the degeneration of human society. This will be a period of greed, lust, poverty, ill will, violence, murder, impiety, physical weakness, sexual depravity and societal collapse, and even the Buddha himself will be forgotten

Yak yak yak.

This is a strawman.You are basically reducing religion to that only and then rejecting it based on that.

And what's wrong with a control system?Did you fell for the social contract meme or something?

>And what's wrong with a control system

Decide things for yourself.
Humanity thrives on freedom not control.

Our religion is comfort food for the spiritually lazy.

>-Able to breath through your balls
I'm sold.

>Humanity thrives on freedom not control.

Let's be honest with each other,are you baiting ??

WW3 in june if doubles

The only reason a structured society is still being maintained and everything hasn't gone fuck all is because we still have control left in society
Humanity wishes for freedom but it thrives on control

Non-deistic Daoism > Zen Buddhism > Traditional Buddhism >> Mystic Daoism >>>>>>>>> "Pure Land" Buddhism

Debate me.

No, I am interested in what will come next after religion.

>Humanity wishes for freedom but it thrives on control
find the balance then.
It doesn't have to involve any deities
we are not children

I have my doubts about him being a baiter but at the same time i know that Libertarian actually believes that bullshit ,based on a novel written by a failed screen writer.

We weren't talking about religion though, but any system of control in general,which u seems to be opposed to.

I never mentioned deities, I was simply correcting you on that
You can believe or disbelieve in what you wish to, its your choice

this is correct

But speaking of religion it is pretty much dead in west and we can all see what is going on there.I am an atheist actually.But without a common god and a system surrounding societies tend to fall under one that have a god or even worse, an ideological hellhole.

This structured society is often war and poor maintenance in general.

We could be so much greater but the effort is not there.

>we could be so much greater
How?

I tried it once, I really did. I couldn't go on with the "no eating meat", but I truly tried.

I forgave my brother, no matter how many times he used and hurt me.

I forgave my father, though I knew he disproved.

I forgave my mother, even if she never gave me the mothers love.

But I forgave and forgot because I was happy. I had found the answer to my troubles and lived in complete and utter bliss.

Even when I became depressed, I still was happy because I converted all my pain, all my anger, all my feelings into happiness.

But I couldn't go on. I killed love, even though I was happy. I killed the only thing that gave me some meaning to this life of mine, that made me feel wanted.

It was a dark time after that and I became lost and I discovered the fault in Buddhism. Though I appreciate its message of just "being happy", I could not feel it.

How can I be human if I wasn't allowed to feel like one? I needed to feel angry, I needed to feel pain, I needed to feel human with everything it entailed.

I am no longer happy, I am just Human.

This is what I wonder too.
Whatever I could write on the subject, people will try to rip it apart.
So its easier to not even bother.

I just ask you this, do you not feel as humans we could live in better ways?
Even without religions and their apocalyptic idioms.

He's too dumb to know what you mean. Catholics are dumb and think based on what seems to be super important and pertaining to them. "muh romn culture" okay, dude, I'm sure your family was royalty back in the days of Christ. Catholics, man. They don't know anything.

>Whatever I could write on the subject, people will try to rip it apart.

Well then why even say anything in the first place?

>do you not feel as humans we could live in better ways?

>do you NOT FEEL

What am i ??A faggot m8??

No it doesn't go with how you feel,you end being a batshit insane genocidal utopianist or even worse ,A VEGAN that way.

If you are really not baiting then try out leviathan by hobbes.NOT trying to IMPLY that it will change your life,like a faggot would,but it may give you some perspective on the nature of control.

Huh. I'm not so pessimistic about religion.

Monks light themselves on fire. That's fucking insane.

>implying catholics are even remotely redpilled on anything involving their own religion

>implying they dont worship Ra, the Sun God, who Christ was modeled after.

>Saturn

>I needed to feel angry, I needed to feel pain, I needed to feel human with everything it entailed.

Confirmed for not making it

Buddhism is a philosophy and not a religion. The whole "leave humanity behind" thing is to declutter your notion of self from all the addendums that society imposes upon you. To destroy the false sense of identity that everyone has.

When you have done it, you will find your true self, free from all the rubbish and understand. Philosophically speaking makes more sense than materialism