Awful CGI is awful

>Awful CGI is awful

OK, with that out of the way, why does Alien 3 get so much hate?

I don't know if it's so much hate as it is wasted potential, listening to Fincher talk about its creation its like he got hired and then every higher up proceeded to hold him down and piss in his face and kick him in the balls over every creative decision.

Plebs don't understand kino.

Because it's not an action film like Aliens.

Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Resurrection.

killing off newt and hicks straight away kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
the prison setting was lame, especially when the original plan was for a monastery planet, with a far darker, more gothic-horror tone.

The movie was boring.
It looked like a Grunge rock video from the 90s.
Killing major characters off-screen was insulting.
The strategy on trapping the Xeno was confusing.
DVD and later versions removed Newt's naked chest from the autopsy scene.

I didn't appreciate Aliens as much because of its action approach.
It's just a lot more engaging when the characters have to improvise ways to survive this one monster rather than being able to gun them down by the dozen.

Because it's not exciting for the normies like Aliens was.
This place is filled with normalfag pleb scum.
Also, Blomkamp is a hack, I hope he nevet gets to leave his stain on the Alien series.

>Also, Blomkamp is a hack, I hope he nevet gets to leave his stain on the Alien series.
Where did that come from?

There's no CGI in that movie. The alien was a rod puppet shot against green screen using a variant of the "go motion" process. It looks bad because the production was a mess and the effects crew didn't get the time or budget to nail the lighting or perspective needed to insert the puppet. That, and the compositing was shit, but that wasn't as unusual back then.

The alien isn't chi though.

>the prison setting was lame
Fuck you, it was cool. I always find prison movies comfy for some reason, and prison in abandoned planet is ultimate comfyness (well, not really, it would be spaceship prison).

He wants to retcon A3, and bring back old as fuck actors to make another Aliens.

>Awful CGI is awful
It wasn't CGI. It was an unfinished practical effect.

>it's a bring out a bunch of crusty old men from the retirement home to do an action movie again that will only get attention because of brand recognition episode
pls no

I like A3
never got why people would hate it

Plebs INVENTED kino.

Corporate yes men disgust me. Why was Fincher such a spineless beta? He's a classic cuck

What CGI?

>Why was Fincher such a spineless beta?
It was his first real director gig, and production was a huge clusterfuck before he even got involved. Its specifically because of how he got pushed around on this movie that he became the director that he is now.

muh newt

Anyone else feel Alien 3 was the perfect ending for Ripley?

I didn't think the prison was lame, but I empathize with that user. It wasn't a bad choice as a setting, but it didn't add much new to the series. One can assume prisons exist in this universe and what you expect is what you get. Alien, though, established a very interesting setting and Aliens expanded on it in a bunch of ways. Alien 3 didn't expand, it contracted. It's a much more personal, intimate movie. But as a result, it lacks in worlbuilding and doesn't fire the imagination as much as previous installments.

>Make third alien movie, your first feature after only doing music videos
>Proceed to get screwed over by everyone
>Only person you like is the guy that brings you coffee
>Make your next feature off of his screenplay
>It's a masterpiece

How fucking lucky was Fincher?

Because it felt like a slap to the face after Aliens. Some people don't like the genre shift from horror in Alien to action in Aliens, but many people did enjoy the new cast members.
Also it had a weaker supporting cast, and wasn't as scary or as engaging as Alien or Aliens were respectively.

>McGann wanders over and I tell him what has happened. Sigourney walks past us : “Oh look – a little tete-a-tete between Mr Sublime and Mr Ridiculous. I’ll leave you guys to work out who’s who”…. Paul turns to me. “She’s going the right way for a smack in the mouth”. At the tea break another actor tells me that Sigourney didn’t want any stars in the film and doesn’t speak to Charles Dance.

Why was Sigourney such a bitch?

>killing off newt and hicks straight away
It made the entire Aliens movie pointless. Ripley dying made the entire franchise pointless.

>Because it felt like a slap to the face after [sequel that was a slap to the face]

Pure narcissism.

Exactly. The people who like horror but not action jumped ship after Alien. The people who liked action but not horror jumped ship after Aliens. Suddenly there was no one left to like the movie.

Haha this is great.
This comes from Ralph "85" Brown's blog by the way. magicmenagerie.wordpress.com

>Afterward to the pub and drinks and I start to unwind. I am now paranoid about being cut from the film (like Veronica Cartwright was from Alien as Walter had gently reminded me earlier – I don’t want to alarm you Ralph but, well, yes, actually I DO want to alarm you. Don’t end up like Veronica Cartwright…) She was the one who cried a lot. I suddenly remember that an actor was sacked after four weeks filming on Aliens because they found out that he was on acid or something (!) and so they re-shot all the scenes he was in. So even after a month’s filming you’re not safe. Damn.

They guy fired was James Remar, the original Hicks

I never saw the movie but I had the game for Genesis. Does that count?

for years i thought the character in the game was a guy because it had short hair

She was contractually obligated to do Alien 3.

It was his first feature film.

Now Fincher is notorious for telling suits to go fuck themselves and doing what he wants because he earned the credibility to do it. I mean, Sony is his main distributor and those kikes will bend over backwards to keep anything guaranteed to make them money.

>muh hicks
>muh newt

that's it

literally

It doesn't introduce anything new to the series and shits on the previous two movies.

fuck aliens, fuck newt, fuck hicks, fuck making her into a mother and wife. she's ripley.

the ultimate sacrifice usually is,she couldn't escape the alien so she took it with her, they dug up her grave to piss on it in resurrection.

>weaker supporting cast
>pete postlethwaite
>charles dance
what?

aliens was just ripley and some disposable marines, and bishop is in both of them, even weyland is in alien 3.

>tea break

fucking britbongs

>she's ripley

If you ignore Aliens, then the only thing ripley is is a scared bitch who ran away and hid in a corner while the scary monster got sucked out of the airlock.

Aliens is the reason she's a gun toting bad ass who fucking decks aliens in the face with a fucking power loader suit.

>fuck making her into a mother and wife.
That's exactly what she was in Alien, though? She didn't because an action hero until Aliens. In Alien she was just an average female space janitor trying to not die.

>fuck making her into a mother and wife. she's ripley.
>fuck her being a real stronk womyn
Yea ese, she should have been like Rosita the Riveter, now she was realistic and had depth.

My only beef was that it ended the only known xenomorph genetic line.
I got sad whenever a xeno died in the films.
I was a weird kid.

>>pete postlethwaite
Who?
>>charles dance
He's good but all the focus on his character is wasted.

I bet you watched those films in broad daylight with other people, occasionally checking your phone, didn't you? fucking pleb.

what the fuck was scary about alien 3?

The hunter dude in The Lost World, the one who wants to hunt a tyrannosaur, a male, a buck.
Underrated actor.
Rip ;_;

Actually I watched them in the dark on my living room sofa when I was 7 years old, and then started collecting the action figures because it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Then I bragged to all my friends about how I was watching R-rated movies. (cell phones didn't exist yet)

yeah and that's fine, alone and scared, not a hero and not a romantic interest, just a human, just a space janitor trying not to die, that's the kind of film I want to see.

that's a false dichotomy, you don't have to be either a wife and mother or a gun toting marine, you can be the lone survivor with ptsd from alien, we can have films where women aren't portrayed in either a negative way or an unrealistically positive way (which is as bad if not worse). that's why I liked alien 3, same reason I liked sicario, she was still a weak human who could be killed in a second by the people on the planet or the xeno, she was only different because she had encountered the xeno before.

>Who?
please be avin a giggle there

>spaceship prison

How'd you like Lockout?

>blah blah blah everything is black and white for the peasants but I like everything gray and dull as possible
Something tells me you unironically consider yourself a kino connoisseur.

>It looked like a Grunge rock video from the 90s.
industrial rock user

Never heard about it before, i'll check it out.

unless he is referring to the assembly cut, which has cheap CGI, but is a much better version

>the assembly cut is better meme
I'll fight you.

the alien

alien 3 is heaving with atmosphere, it's positively electrifying, how is it dull?

>kino
why would you even say that

the theatrical version is the one with the alien bursting out of ripley and ruining her sacrifice and thus the whole film right?

>the theatrical version is the one with the alien bursting out of ripley and ruining her sacrifice and thus the whole film right?
Weak.

Alien 3 had cgi? Thought everything was composites.

what is?

It was, OP is just being a faggot, as usual.

You're bait. Nobody is that autistic.

try me

>Who?

good poster too

Everyone was bald and nobody likes skinheads so there's no empathy with any of the characters.

then why is this is england a cult hit

nope. There is cgi, the cracking of the alien skull near the end is cgi.