So what did you think?

So what did you think?

Not a horror movie but was marketed as one.

pretty good.
another recent utilizing the same vein is They Look Like People.
these days I seem prefer these type of "horror" films.

I'm a 4channer so I hated it. It's a drama and a shitty one.

I liked it, but the ending was disappointing.

It was lame
Shut the fuck up faggot

would have been alright if the kid wasnt fucking screaming the entire time. like i get it, its an important part of the movie but holy shit, shut up.

What is this?

>Not a horror movie
How the fuck is it not a horror movie?
>but it was in her head the whole time
The monster doesn't have to be real for it to be a horror movie.

was good for netflix's current selection

Would have been better if the monster wasn't real at all. Just the slow maddening of a mother of a special needs child.

Horrible movie.

I hate how annoying the kid is.
I hate how the annoying kid goes full home alone towards the end and sets booby traps and shit.
I absolutely hate the ending, and how they keep the babadook in the basement and feed it worms. Who the fuck wrote this shit?

it's about drug addiction
the monstery parts are metaphors

>was super excited to see a horror movie on >rotten tomatoes with a 90% + score, since I don't >have much time to watch movies.
>Rented from redbox the day it was released,
>Turned it off about an hour in.

I can usually count on rottentomatoes to steer me to decent stuff.

I was Pro-Life until I saw this film.

How in the fuck are you so close, yet so far from getting the point of this movie?

:D

Annoyingly bad

This movie is the exact opposite of comfy

fell asleep twice,
interrupted it three times to do something else (walk dog, go to hockey game with friend, and something)

never finished it

boring and hackneyed

I wouldve liked one more scary book sequence

I liked it.

Loved it, really.

I can't remember a single scene from that movie, so it wasn't anything special I guess, also not horror, more of a thriller.

When she saw the monster costume at the police station I get a little creeped out, pretty shit movie tho

9.5/10

Scary as hell, real horror instead of cheap, retarded jump scares.

Also, very good emotionally. It is spot on with grief

now THIS is some quality bait kiddies

>rawr

>drug addiction
What the fuck are you talking about? That had absolutely nothing to do with the movie, literally at all

Do this many people in this thread prefer cheap fucking jump scares to actual good, psychological horror?

There was nothing scary in this movie, not to say jump scares are scary, I like a mix of both but mostly good atmosphere.

How was it not scary? This was probably the scariest movie I have ever seen. Normal scary movies hardly scare me, but I almost shat myself during Babadook

My friend and I watched this last night and ever since, he hasn't stopped with playing these stupid babadook noises and he keeps leaving this babadook statue standing around everywhere like in dark corners and right outside the window trying to scare me. Sheesh, give it a break am I right?

Hilarious bad. Was it made by some film student?

It was an allegory about her dealing with her husband's passing you fucking mongs

I watched the first episode of Channel Zero and they did the creepy children's shit way better with the puppet tv show. The rest of the episode wasn't done autistic kid screaming either.

>I'm a 4channer

What did he mean by this?

Marmaduke or some shit

>marmaduke
Lol

Boring.

Kid actor fucking nailed the role though. I wanted to strangle that little shit within minutes.

Don't listen to these fucking contrarians, the movie is fantastic

This
great post and comparison user

I didnt watch the movie but is the babadook real? I always thought it was fake and just used as a metaphor, im starting to get really scared because its night

The child was smoking autism the whole time and it was making his mother see things

It's real, it is created by negative emotions and depression.

Yeah it eats worms.

Its under your bed