Go to Iran to experience traditional Persian culture

>go to Iran to experience traditional Persian culture

>everyones a hipster faggot

Is American and western influence destroying cultures and traditions around the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

presstv.ir/Detail/2017/05/08/521014/Iran-reports-rise-in-number-of-tourists
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is American and western influence destroying cultures and traditions around the world?
Yeah, duh

Share pics and experiences pls

What do you wanna know?

Did you went to Teheran or another town or city?

Yes and good thing too, culture is cancer. Destroy it all.

Tehran, isfahan, Fars province and Mazandaran in that order.

Some people who goes to Saudi Arabia says there are public beheadings and shit. Do Iran have similar events? Can people get killed there because of atheism?

You legit retard , yes of course.
What's the alternative, be shamed and finger pointed at when the western folk look at you and your culture.

Look at the shit missionaries did to so many cultures.

are the historical sites big tourist traps? Is Tehran as shitty as some say? can you rent a car and go 4X4?

You want everyone to look like this?

Tell us moar. My cousin is currently in Iran. He says internet is censored as fuck. We talk via Steam.

From what I know, no public beheadings, just hangings though I didnt see any and theyre not all over the place and not common. Athiesm is a crime, but as long as you're not too open about it you're fine as government doesnt give a shit anymore in pursuing athiests unless they become political.

What do you mean by tourist traps?

Tehrans a nice city, its just the people there tend to be cunts and the traffics horrible. People are alot more hospitable and warm in the other cities and provinces.

Did you talk with locals?
Were people or officials suspicious of you for being from the great satan?
How widespread is Hipsterfication outside of Teheran?
I cant imagine them to be all too westernised but on the surface.

We're all living in AMERICA

AMERICAA is WUNDERBAR!

AMERICA, AMERICA!!!!

And did you had a chance to flirt with girls? Can you talk to them directly out in the open?

Im pretty sure that they always had these beards

you united shartian retards don't understand what culture is
you braindead bags of shit confuse tradition and culture
culture is constantly changing—CONSTANTLY
there is no such thing as 'traditional culture'
in short, kill yourself you uneducated literal mouthbreathing nigger, but why am i surprised, you're a US citizen after all

Tourist trap is basically an area where you get ripped off badly and might not even see the best stuff.

I would go to Iran go go cross-country driving and hiking and shit, the landscapes are meant to be amazing

fuck off wog

OR dress up traditional and be thought of as backwards, too attached to the old ways and stand out way too much. You don't know how bad it is to be seen like that. If Black women can wear their hair short without shade and shit thrown at them what makes you think traditional ME wear is any different in this day and age?
Our fucking society is about "bee urself but not too urself, gotta fit these focus test group devised criteria". You just are too naive user

Had to be with a guide through most of my trip, but I did manage to talk to alot of locals. I only got a bunch of stares in tehran here and there from officials and locals, but overall no negative feelings.

Hipsters are everywhere. I felt like I was in nyc or Chicago for a sec. All the dudes have gentlemen cuts or whatever you call them. Once you step outside of tehran it becomes less, pretty common to see hipsters in isfahan as well, much much less in Mazandaran and shiraz though.

Pic related, average guys in tehran.

We live in a time where cultures have to make them self safe to be palatable to the world or face condemnation.

Some of the girls I did talk to but most really didnt seem open for talking, dont get me wrong, theyre still nice but they dont seem like they were interested much in flirting.

I was with official government guides since im American so I didnt really get ripped off.

are you saying you can't visit there unless on some official government guide?

Well, people who dont life in isolated rural communities or very xenophobic enviroments usually dress as the worldculture dictates, as looking like a hipster is connected to wealth and power now in the eyes of those who can afford to only since a short time.
Doesnt mean the iranians on your pic dropped their local dialect, lost the memory of participating in rites, small customs and festivals since they can remember to think or are faithless too. The way to accomodate a foreigner and a friend, how to greet, how much distance to keep, what to talk about and what not, the way the familiy is structured, what to expect of a man and what of a woman.
All of that are things that dont get ereased by a dress and an interest in the sucess of the west and its ways.
>cultures have to make them self safe to be palatable to the world or face condemnation.

Well, I understand your sentiment but then I hope you are not the one to condemn the more violent aspects of traditional powerstructures.

You're diaspora aren't you?

>tatoo

No straight up American hence why I needed the guide.

Why the hell would you want to go to Iran? Are you a aspie?

If you're American or british you need a guide I believe, everyone else is free to wander the country from what I know, pretty unfair, but I guess thats what happens when you have a government that meddles in everything.

YES!

presstv.ir/Detail/2017/05/08/521014/Iran-reports-rise-in-number-of-tourists

6 million went last year. From what ive been hearing it's becoming a pretty big destination for tourists as its a country largely still untouched by tourists so you still get that authentic feel going there from the locals.

Internet was pretty censored. Couldnt go on facebook or Sup Forums for example.

Iran is beautiful and can stand up easily to india and europe with the richness of its heritage.
I heard people are nice to foreigners too from aquaintances who went there.

I understand going if your not american, it's not the most welcoming place for us tho.

Its not just the way they dress, little by little they start losing their values and culture as well is what ive noticed. Its pretty sad situation really.

When I go abroad I want to experience a different culture, hospitality. If every place was like americs then I would just stay at home.

No its actually pretty welcoming. I wasnt the only one who was in the tour group as there were well over 20 americans and a bunch of Brits as well.

Apart from people from the U.s and Britian, lpads of Europeans around. It was pretty common to see europeans and other tourists walking around tehran desu.

Okay xerxes

>go to Iran

tbqh yes

>their values
Such as?
I mean, what did you expect?
Much of what is culture is either displayed in personal interaction, through friendship, by religion and gravecare or at home. All are spheres the tourist usually does not penetrate.

When I was in Thainland I saw all the ancestor and idolhouses, the temples and people kneeling to the monks in reverence but I didnt experience "thai religion" but from looking at it.
People were more open and greeted each other differently, but I could not hope to "get" their culture ofc. So it was sightseeing in museums, the amtmosphere of the city and the jungle and chilling at the beaches.
You can experience vague feelings of a foreign culture and its aesthethic, but when you cant speak the language or watch the religion and places were natives gather more intimately I dont think you can hope for greater "experiences" in general but by chance.

BTW what do iranian supermarkets sell?
This is always something interesting to look for in other countries imo

Same with Cuba quite a few Europeans were there and I tried talking to me. Some of them can be pretty annoying, I never once brought up my country and they all kept asking me. I was like I'm from Central African Republic even though I'm not black. I just wanted to hangout with the locals and experience real Cuba. It was an awesome trip nonetheless.

Those guys look pretty cool. They seem to have picked up on the finer points of western culture that westerners themselves have abandoned.
Except this shit. That's just gay. The Santa Monica/Williamsburg look.

Yes

good reply

yes and more tragically, you are destroying their mentalities. like those shouting "i hate america" while consuming amerishit fucking hard and watching/playing/eating mostly ameritrash. youve developed a bunch of insecure broken schizos like that

ITT: goyim ranting about being goys

Do jews in israel unironically use goyim? Or is it just used by fundamentalists?

le persian meme
they look poo in loo

are these guys faggots?

we use goyim like arabs use Schwielensohler Altweltkamele

Do you visit any historical sites?
post picts

Yeah they look hot

wtf I hate iran now

This guy is hot af 2bh
i would let him impregnate my wife

>Much of what is culture is either displayed in personal interaction, through friendship, by religion and gravecare or at home. All are spheres the tourist usually does not penetrate.
^^^^^

Also this applies to the vast majority countries/cultures

madaret foheshe ast

What is a kooni

Poos and Persians have the same origin, so makes sense if anything.

Yes

I only want to have an Iranian beard and not this curly shit. It's dense and solid, but God fucking damn it, it's curly

>not wanting a beard worthy of the ancients

Because the motherfucker stops at the circled area. The cheeks are full up to that point, the mustache is there, the neck is fully covered. No fucking connectors. Just 8-10 barely visible hairs

Forgot the image

Did a lot of people speak english? Was it expensive? Anything/anyplace you were advised to avoid?