What does Sup Forums think of the Scorpions?

What does Sup Forums think of the Scorpions?

Non-British Europeans can't do rock. Scorpions are not an exception.

> Golden Earring

They can in their native language, trying to emote in English just doesn't work.

Blackout was their zenith, but Lovedrive and Animal Magnetism are also up there.

Taken by Force is a hugely underrated hard rock/metal record.

>tfw Sails of Charon

Was the album cover for that one album of theirs really necessary? You know the one. :|

They've seldom been terrible but their peak was definitely in the early 80s. 'No One Like You' is one of those songs that never fails to pump you up whenever it comes on in bars or pool balls, etc. They got too slick and overproduced after Love At First Sting.

Blackout is the best 80s album, it has no filler tracks. Virgin Killer is the best 70s one. It's too bad that whenever they've toured in the US, they never play anything pre-Lovedrive.

I disagree that Blackout had no filler tracks. "Arizona" and "Now!" definitely fall into that category.

If Arizona was written by Herman Rarebell, it's understandable--he had a penchant for writing some incredibly crude, infantile lyrics. Yeah I know the Scorpions aren't Randy Newman, but even so...

An album cover in extremely poor taste for sure, but most Scorpions album covers were either in bad taste or just flat-out ridiculous.

Virgin Killer?
Watch me get banned for this.

Lonesome Crow really is an underrated psychedelic album. So different than the rest of their stuff (and in a good way). Uli Jon Roth took them more in a Hendrix influenced direction whereas the Jabs era was/is streamlined commercial hard rock. LC is just a cool, kind of weird oddity in their catalog but it's great.

No joke I have this one on vinyl

Their other albums don't have great covers either

This one is actually pretty good despite hideous art

wish we could look back in time; i really want to know how that convo went where they decided to do this, and told some photographer to take this pic.

My cousin had World Wide Live back in the 80s and he and his friends literally wore out several cassettes of it.

They've talked about this many times, the model was a 9 year old French girl and the picture was taken fully with her mother's permission, and the band has since regretted the cover and said it was a bad idea.. Yes, it was probably seen as ok during the Sexual Revolution 70s especially in Europe which was more libertine about nudity than the US.

I rate this
cheesy coke fueled 70s rock

Animal magnetism, great album.. Rudolf was emerging as a great riff writer, and I love that raw rocking sound, great work by Klause. I like Jabs best without the over polish of the subsequent albums, though I loved those too.

I prefer Uli Roth and Michael Schenker in a big way as guitar players over Jabs, but I do like Rudolf's riffs before they started sounding like polished pop.

Wind of Change is actually one of their worst songs

Humanity Hour 1 is also surprisingly great for a bunch of old guys.

My mother absolutely hates them because

>BACK IN THE 80S

Still Loving You was all over the place on Top 40 of Portuguese Radio (and TV)

Maybe a bit underrated because critics always hated them. But they could really lay down the riffs.

Didn't Christgau just put them in his shitbucket list?

yes this album is very very good.

I think Kraftwerk were the critical darling among Krautrock back then.

I know, I know the Scorps were too pleb and working class for hipster critics.