What went so horribly wrong

what went so horribly wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/nonplus-records/sets/nonplus-043-burial
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

honestly a great question

it's good

I take it you haven't seen Bitter Lake

he wanted to make an album to help depressed 14 year olds and it inevitably turned out to be cheesy

He thought he could do one dimensional breaks 15 years later with shit production value and gave up trying to take the project serious after that and garage failed

Granted the title track was decent but was just underwhelmed by what could have been and had been accomplished with such flexible roots.. You can pinpoint the entire sound pallette to previous artists like early burial with massive attack. Maybe some gems wouldve stood out if he made an entire breaks record or smth but following records mostly feel like a pisstake to me

Come Down to Us is the best work he's ever done

If you chop off the monologue at the end anyway.

best thing he ever did

t. incel who never had sex to Come Down to Us

He decided to diversify his sound a little bit? Like, I really don't see what's wrong with this. Dude was doing the exact same thing for about seven or so years. This album actually added new things to his approach to rhythms so it's wasn't just the garage/grime/breaks inspired thing, makes him timbre palette more colorful while maintaining a similar atmosphere to his music, and has some really creative sampling on a level not seen in his earlier stuff. Only purists hate this record.

His whole repertoire went to shit after this record.

its honestly not bad but i think kindred was probably his peak

>Rival Dealer
>wrong
Damn OP, sorry you have terrible taste in music

>artist tries to stop rehashing their overall sound
>somehow thats a bad thing

id understand if ppl were not impressed by the execution but that rarely ever gets mentioned when ppl bitch about rival dealer.

Come down to us and Hiders are good fucking tracks

see

When did Sup Forums become full tumblr?

Come Down to Us is a beautiful melody. it's ok if you're jealous you didn't write it

>some pitched-down rnb track
>beautiful melody
the state of this board...

well it was a bit of let down from kindred.. but besides that is still fantastic. the interlude in the middle of rival dealer is one of the best things he's ever done and the start of come down to us is top notch.

kindred > s/t > untrue > truant/rough sleeper > rival dealer > south london boroughs > street halo > ghost hardware > pre dawn/indoors > young death > rodent > subtemple/beachfires

retarded

kindred > street halo > ghost hardware > truant/roughsleeper > rodent > rival dealer > young death/nightmarket > subtemple/beachfires

how can you even include predawn/indoors its not out yet

Also the albums can't be compared to EPs

meant to be put SLB after ghost hardware

respectable. i think we can work through these issues.

that said there's no way in fuck rodent is better than rival dealer.

The second and third tracks. Title track is good shit.

rival dealer did nothing for me except for the title track

including the albums, nothing will compare to the eponymous album, as much as I like untrue. Some of the EPs, in particular kindred/street halo, were better than untrue imo, but then again it's hard to compare an album to an EP.

Remind that Kindred & Truant / Rough Sleeper back to back is the third burial LP and its good.

soundcloud.com/nonplus-records/sets/nonplus-043-burial

Hey, this is actually alright. It's too bad that it suffers from the same issue as all his recent releases in that its not very substantial. If he could commit a full time effort to a new LP I actually think he could put out something worthwhile.

You mean kindred & street halo & truant/roughsleeper

This is one of his best release imo