Is a burger a sandwich, Sup Forums?

Is a burger a sandwich, Sup Forums?

Yes

There is no such thing as a burger,its called a cooked meat and breads and was invented by kim jong ill! That is,i shit you not,a north korean claim.

Filling between two breads. Yes.

Technically no because "burger" just means the patty, but yeah the thing you buy with a burger in a bun is a sandwich, it's a filling between two pieces of bread

Yeah in the same way that a hotdog can be a sausage. Faggot.

are lasagna cake?
are corn dog popsicle?
are taco a sandwich?

A burger is always a sandwich
But a sandwich is not always a burger

this

this even more

Confucius say

>lasagna a cake
cake (noun): an item of soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated
>corn dog popsicle
popsicle (noun): a piece of flavored ice or ice cream on a stick
>taco a sandwich
sandwich (noun): an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal

honestly, if English isn't your native language you should refrain from speaking it.

you must be fun at party

>using a dictionary in a /b burger thread

Is everything ok user, you need to talk?

Wrong. Walk into literally any restaurant ever, order a 'burger' and it will come on a bun, I guarantee it.

of course

HNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHH

So fucking deep

I am, because I spend my time playing party games and chatting people up. I imagine you are the guy who keeps trying to get people to argue about lasagna, and every conversation degrades into some autistic debate about WWII.
yeah, I'm not ok. I need to know why 3rd world niggers are allowed to post here.

Well yeah because that's how a meal happens retard, but the "burger" part is what the patty is called. I call your mother a gaping hole when I fist her but that doesn't mean that the entirety of her is a gaping hole, just her vagina

Found the autist

No. No it's not. You're the only one that thinks that. The patty part, as you're referring to it, is literally called a hamburger or beef patty. A hamburger or 'burger' implies a bun and toppings.

Why are you speaking in broken English?
Are you Chinese or something.

>playing party games
>chatting poeple up
>complaints about ppl that argue about food, while at the same time argues about food
>pic related

is it that time of the month for you

Oh look. Burgers. Fuck you and stop being wrong

Ham burgers are made from minced pork, also it's just meat without having '' burger buns '.
Also open faced samiches fucking retarded its not a samich if its not sandwiched together.

No... I mean ... Yes ... I mean ... It's complicated.

Technically, of course a hamburger is a sandwich, by looking at a dictionary definition. Or to be pedantic (and give prelude to the complication), those things called 'hamburger' include all those properties that are defined and given the label 'sandwich'.

But what something 'is' and what something is 'called' and what its 'name' is (as Lewis Carroll said) are not (not necessarily) the same.

But that's almost too technical itself. A peanut is not a nut. A cardinal is a bird but doesn't have to have bird in its name to be a bird. A penguin is a bird even though many definitions of bird include 'flying'. Birds are now known to be dinosaurs, but that is a recent discovery (just like how at one time whales were considered fish).

The thing about 'technically', we don't normally use words that way. Is a cucumber a vegetable or a fruit? It's certainly a vegetable, formally or informally. But is it a fruit? It's not put in the fruit section with the apples and oranges and watermelon (when technically it is closely related to watermelon). No, a cucumber is considered a vegetable because it is green and not sweet, a lot like lettuce and celery.

Back to hamburger. So technically, yes, a hamburger is a sandwich, a very particular kind of sandwich. It has a lot of things unlike most sandwiches (a hot, grilled layer; a bun rather than sliced bread).

But, informally, it just doesn't seem like a sandwich. A BLT or chicken salad sandwich or corned beef on rye (mustard, no mayo) or even a grilled cheese all look like a usual sandwich. But a hamburger does not. There are many things about a hamburger (how it is prepared, where you can buy one, cultural associations) that are just not like a canonical sandwich.

So technically, yes, a hamburger is a kind of sandwich.

Venison burgers, hipster teir trash

no those are rissoles or patties - it's only a burger when you put it in a bun you goon

First thing on google images but they're tasty anyway, wouldn't personally pay more for them but won't complain if given

worse
im french canadian and i dont give a fuck if my typing is shit

why you dumb american genetic mistakes call hamburgers burgers ?

You're an exceptional retard, they literally come in packs named as burgers. You go to a butcher and ask for some burgers he won't serve you up a bun and relish, he'll give you BURGERS. I assume you're American and don't know that fresh food is a thing, otherwise you wouldn't be so grossly mistaken about a very simple fact

Why not make your own burgers?

I like burgers

OK buddy, I'm not your friend guy

where did i ask to be friend?

Have done but not often as I'm lazy :P can always season a pre-made one if you want a specific flavour I guess but yeah just convenience really

No fuckwit, I'm not American, I cook my own food, and I don't buy rissoles in a pack like that. I buy beef mince from the butcher, make rissoles out of it myself (seasoning, starch content to bind it, etc.), cook them myself, and use fresh buns from the bakery. Labelling it as "burgers" is for idiots too stupid to realise rissoles/patties are the meat component of a burger. Hell, even Spongebob Squarepants gets the terminology right: Krabby Patty.

I don't know what this is all aboot

burgies r gud

yes, also hotdog is a sandwich and pizza

Nice quads faggot

Rissoles are nothing to do with burgers you French fuck

gud lookin' burgies user

pizza is a cake fuckwit

Thanks buddeh. Wish I'd taken an after shot but they were pretty choice

so lasagna is a cake then? it is made using mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar and other ingredients, it is also baked and often decorated

yes

Autism speaks, and I enjoy it

>hurr durr my iq is 32 and i dont even watch rick and morty

my friend, you have been graced with the highest of knowledges and you decide to spit in its face? How dare yoy, i say, how dare you. I have my pence that your father was a drunkard and manhandled your mother for a fortnite before your conception

Rissoles aren't burgers, they're more of a meatball with a coating. Good Lord you're dumb, even Harvey Price is quicker off the mark than you