How long till cash is no longer a thing and everyone is FORCED to use debit cards...

how long till cash is no longer a thing and everyone is FORCED to use debit cards? im tired of being seen as a second class citizen for paying with my debit card rather than cash

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57584060e4b0e39a28ac2083/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer cash.

No one uses cash in my city, most stores and shops are cash free. Even banks. Haven't held cash for nearly 10 years.

>paying more to use your own money

I scooby dooby doo

>paying more

what shit debit card/bank do you have that charges you per transaction?

banks are completely free to use what are you on about

>Haven't held cash for nearly 10 years.
To be insured by the FDIC you must hold 10% of your total assets in cash at all times on in your vaults.

You're lying out your ass.

>FDIC
Don't know what that is, but I'm not American if that's what you were thinking...

stop using shit banks newfag

Swedish banks are more often than not cash free. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Found the burger..

You're actually fucking retarded

>in your vaults
That literally means in bank accounts.

>how long till cash is no longer a thing and everyone is FORCED to use debit cards?
It's already here where I live.
Well almost. Most shops only accept digital payment like cards and whatever phone apps you use.
Cash is pointless and just increases the risk of crimes.

Cards aren't really used in cities as much here because if the credit card is stolen then the store gets no money when the card is pulled

a cashless society is a very very steep plummet into authoritarianism. be careful what you wish for, cash is the last true freedom around

dont be retarded

2025 is when Sweden is expected to go cashless.

Here in Åre we are like 98% there already. I never use cash, shops usually don't accept it.

>keeping the entirety of your assets somewhere they could easily & legally be taken and/or frozen at the whim of your bank or government
Dumbass.

That day can't come fast enough. Cash is outdated and just pointless.

Found the sheeo.

>im tired of being seen as a second class citizen for paying with my debit card rather than cash
Murica?
The only people who use cash here in Scandinavia/Finland is poor people, drunks and immigrants. Only like 25% of store purchases are made in cash here.

>doing things that would cause the government to freeze your assets

>Only like 25% of store purchases are made in cash here
True and it's always a nigger woman with like 10 kids causing huge queues or an old lady who's both blind and deaf..

>Like they need a legitimate reason
>like it never happens without one

i never happens without one name even one time

Where the fuck do you live laddie?
Using cash is the ultimate sign of being white trash.

you love to suck capitalist bankers cock much? I don't own any fagcards and proud of it. Cash ftw

People still use cash?
Must be an American thing..

>governments NEVER do things wrongfully
uwotm8?
IDGAF about the likelihood it will happen to me; I give a fuck about whether or not it is at all possible to do. If it IS at all possible to happen, and you still allow that chance, you're a dumbass.

It's also possible I'll get hit by a meteor when walking to the shop. Should I forever stay inside?

>cant give even one example

enjoy never shopping online or being able to- order computer parts

He's talking about shit like fees to use credit/debit cards, such as when you renew your tags and other such things involving government offices. And ATMS charge you fees for withdrawing money if you don't bank with them, so if you're somewhere without an ATM for your bank, you're going to have to literally pay to access your own money. Of course, you fucking retards clearly live at home and never leave the house and subsist entirely on whatever crap your parents grudgingly buy you with their own hard-earned money, so I wouldn't expect either of you to know these things.

Olol I buy all my guns in cash and nobody gives me weird looks. Maine is great

>in your vaults
So...in your bank account? You fucking idiot. How goddamn stupid can one person be without collapsing because they forgot how to breathe?

>willingly using outdated money instead of just swiping your phone/card at the register

Baaah. Baaaah. Bleat! Baaaaaah.

Should just kys now actually. It’s better that way. Faster. Cleaner. Less of an investigation.

Google false equivalence and then kill yourself. Actually just kill yourself, I don't expect you to be able to do something as "complicated" as typing something into Google without your tard handler next to you telling you what a smart boy you are for being able to draw breath unaided.

My bank doesn't charge me anything for my debit card and I can use every ATM in Scandinavia without it charging extra..
Never heard of it costing money to take out money.

That's because you don't live in the shithole that is America

Oh boy look at the fan of outdated currency lost his shit. Kek.

Yeah, cause having one solely to do those things requires you keep 100% of your liquid assets in a bank at all times.

How insecure does someone have to be to pretend to feel superior because they use plastic exclusively?

>what is crypto

Reading threads like this reminds me how rich I'm going to be when all this idiots finally get in

Says the person who tells others to kill them self when asking a simple question.
Are you 12 or just retarded?

>w-w-waaaaahhh mummy he told me to KILL MYSELF ONLINE WAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Really? People who carry cash are so pedestrian. How boring and one dimensional is exchanging paper? Digital money is the reality.

>How insecure does someone have to be to pretend to feel superior because they use plastic exclusively?
Read>I don't own any fagcards and proud of it. Cash ftw

Says the cashfags..

Wow. You sure got me.

Cash is king.

It's a thing for a reason.

What shithole do you live in that is still using debit cards ? Over here we just trade items.

My local bank office doesn't hold cash anymore.
Rarely see anyone using cash either, everyone pays with a card or phone.

Dogecoin is main currency of future. So much invest. So security.

Hopefully never. Cards are insecure almost by design.
Readers can be hacked, replaced or intercepted. Contactless is so insecure it's almost funny.

And once you do get ripped off, because you will, you'll spend 4 hours on the phone with your bank; on a premium rate number of course; trying to prove to them you didn't actually buy the 17 inch realistically colored horsecock dildo and the 15 gallon drum of anal lube.

At least with cash the worst thing is you can lose what's in your wallet. If your card gets cloned without your knowledge it's your bank balance, your time and a fuckton of stress you don't need.
Also before anybody mentions, i've been using cash my entire life and have never once come across a fake bill...or at least one that wasn't accepted.

stop being retarded we NEED to get rids of all cash this NEEDS to fucking happen online shopping should be the only shopping

cash took of with your wife or what OP ?

I get a text every time I use my debit card. If it wasn't me I can lock the card that very second.
I can also set limits to how much that can be used at one time. I have it set to 400 Euro (I can change it with my phone) . So even if someone somehow hacked my card they can't use more than that.

I see zero reason to carry cash.

And 99% of my my purchases are done remotely.
>groceries
Use the website, order and collect, pay at home. Or home delivery if I'm lazy/sick/busy.
>electronics/clothes/whatever
Same deal.
Very rarely go into a shop without already having looked, ordered and paid for it.

>Very rarely go into a shop without already having looked, ordered and paid for it
This.

NO- ITS JUST THAT PEOPLE WHO USE CASH ARE TRASHY AND INCONSIDERATE THEY SLOW DOWN LINES AND GENERALLY HOLD THE REST OF US BACK

Yep, collect store is the best thing to have happened to grocery shopping. Fuck walking around with a cart, standing in line and shit like that.
Browse at home, pick your shit, order and pay.
I do that at work, pick the bag up on my home. Takes like 2 minutes.

>pick the bag up on my home
on my way home.

/This
It's not 2005 anymore..

i love pulling out all my change and slowly pick through for the right coins...slowly.

I laugh when people try to pay with cash in my town and get rejected.
Away you go peasant.

i want to be less dependent on bans so i hope never

>wanting the goverment to see everything you do
disgusting

your money usage can be limited because someone else did something. like they did in few places when the banks or government had issues with paying their debts. that would not have been possible if you had your money as cash instead of bits on someone elses computer.

fees will go up if cash goes away and no one can do anything because the card companies and banks can decide that then and theres not many of them so the price on all cards will be almost same.

You would be 3rd class.
Nobody uses debit or cash.
Use credit and earn money by spending it.

here they let you take out money 4 times for free every month and you have to pay something if you take more. its the same young people that dont want to own anything that are saying that having all your money on someone elses computer is a good thing.

its because they cant count anymore so they have to use a card that does it for them.

you dont even need the pin anymore to pay with the card. the wireless payment feature lets you pay 25€ as many times as you want without any authentication.

Someone asked for one example

google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57584060e4b0e39a28ac2083/amp

“I got rich putting debt on my credit cards”

- No one, ever

I don't know but I'm excited to pick out a cool lanyard for my credit spike/chip

People still use cash?