So I’ve been thinking of moving to Italy...

So I’ve been thinking of moving to Italy. Never been there but most of my ancestors were from there and I’d like to stay for a few years. Any interesting stories from Anons who’ve been there?
>would you recommend living there?
>is it significantly different from the US in any way?
>how are the women there?
Etc

>no
>yes
>hard to get

Italy is verey nice ubt the do not speak english there i am form italy and therefor i know the most english we lernt in school was how to say when something is on and under table. as you can see i know very much english instead of other italians. i am proud italian and so should you! you should visit or home city best city Roma and do not go Milano they are homosessuals there and should not be touched at any costs if you accident touch a milano man go to police at all cost because they will purify you and take you to curch there god will take good care of you like you were his son. also dont go silicia and very much palermo because of criminal pow pow kill you after first bridge stay in rome and dont go out at night or people will steal ur stuff have fun and welcome to Italia

where would you go?

as italian proud i would say holy hear because ethiopia is not very nice and napoli people will try to steal your every stuff and they also love berslsuconi therefore they are homosessuals
according to me you shuold go away from stupid oil infestation usa and come to italia very good place everywhere other then you get robbed alot! :)

stop beaing a faggot please

alright mister america hero you are to obsess over patria you know? all you do is bomb countris that have already lost for example japann you also destroy own building for reason to go Iraq for more oil yes italia economy shit but look america is the shit of god we have god by our side

It's funny cause you think you're funny, americans can fucking destroy your little meaningless country without even sweat, you're a disgrace, we saved your nation in the second world war. You are a disgrace for Europe like Germany. You don't even talk like a human being, go back to your fucking hole in the ground because soon you will be the third world country you deserve to be.

don't you dare coming to Italy, for your own sake.

Times are bad, jobs are poorly paid (if u ever find one). Girls are not as hot as in the US and just not so easy.
Northern italy is ok, everything below florence is utter shit

how am i funny when you america put place in you land named after our land. you eat our food because you are to fat and lasy to invent own you also have shitty ass military thinking marines ar something when they not they are shit only answe ryou win war is because you attack 3 million against 400

you italinas can whash your mmouth with our superior american cocks

fuck you Calabria is the most beautiful place on the world!
In Crotone we have the sea, the forest and the mountains in northern Italy you have nothing but gay motels and shitty food.

Lived in Rome for a year, spent most of my time on a bicycle riding outside Rome out all over the country.

It's heaven on earth.

Learn the language first though. Seriously. Otherwise it will be a short, difficult trip.

you lost a war against farmers and what did american generals excuse was? "oh how could we know they were farmers on day and fighters at night" you are shit military in reality. we were forced on the wrong side in ww2 by our dictator Benito Mussoilini we wanted to be on ally side so when he dead we took back right side of war

exactly its beautiful im proud roman

God don't come to Italy, there's no work and it's hard to get one, womens are said here "fighe di legno" literally wooden pussy cause they're too much pretentious and If you aren't a 8/10 or you don't have money they won't care about you.
Beyond this I love my country we have good food, excellent free healtcare (btw only in nord Italy) and other beautiful things.

Come get me from italy please

in south italy we do not hav free health assurence but and its true but there can always be good love in roma. Italia > America vendo la droga a via del verrochio a roma per chi gli va ;)

yeah and everyone's dream is to come to Calabria and hopefully get shot or live unemployed all life long, uneducated and unable to speak italian properly. But hey, you have the sea and the forests (btw i am from the south)

I am Italian and I would never recommend living in here. I live in the South and everything's fucked. There is a huge economical crisis and people can barely reach the end of the month. There's no work and most families must take the risk and work illegally, "in black", as it's called here. I don't know much about the US but I'm almost sure it isn't like this, not even in rednecks areas. Girls are amazing tho.

tl;dr - almost no jobs, very little money, 10/10 chicks. good for vacation, horrible for living.

Avery place is better than America.
Here (Italy) however, the food is cheaper then other western country.
Trust me, learn some italian because a lot of people don't speack english.
Find work is hard, but is easier on the north part, unless you want to join mafia, in that case I advice the sud. the house is more expansive, but there are less tax for them .
The woman are not all fat, cause weath food is cheaper. the woman are pretty, but a good blonde or ginger is rare, is more common brunette. The immigrants are around the 8-9% of population, but here racism is rare, we are more like xenofobic.

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA MA CHE CAZZO

ho e vero porcho due ahhahahahhah

Italy is like a 2nd world country. It's nice to visit. Great food. Lots of history. Mediocre women compared to the rest of western Europe. Nothing is ever open. Living here sucks, other than the positives I mentioned.

comunque porco dio

If you carry with you a sense of the US's greatness, and look at other countries as competitors in some absurd pudding match between aggressive asshole nations, where the biggest dumbest playground bully wins, then don't go. Don't go anywhere, because it will ruin everyone else's experience of being around you, and thus, your experience. You can travel to find people with the same mindset who will convince you that there is only one way to live, their/your way, and comfort you with reassurance that conformity to that ideal is what gives your life value, and your divine imperial country and leadership model are beyond reproach. If that is what you need, then as a British colony, carefully restrict your travels to such unchallenging locales as Great Britain and Germany.

If you want to obliterate your perceptions of what is necessary to live, or even live a happy life, there is Italy, there is Spain, there is fucking India, there is Sri Lanka, there is the Caribbean. If you go to these places, you must be prepared to lose your shit, or you will reject everything you see and hear and will have wasted your money and time.

Im an american and currently living in italy for a phd program. It's pretty sweet, but I havent seen a ton of the country yet. Also, anyone mind practicing Italian with me?

Up for it mate.

>Moving to Italy
>Ever

Don't. Just don't.
Take my word for it, the word of an Italian guy.

same

Si ma le virgole cazzo

Parola di Francesco Amadorrey

it all depends on what your goals in life are. If you want to tour the countryside and see a bunch of cool old buildings and museums, really anywhere in Europe is great and Italy is amazing for it. If you are moving there because you think you will have better job opportunities, you are much better off staying in America. In Europe, they take over half of your check to pay for government services, so don't be shocked when you wonder why you aren't making as much as you thought you would

Perfetto. Mi dispiace se parlo come merda, ma voglio imparare.

>the do not speak english there
Yeah fucking clearly.

Where can we talk? I guess it would be kinda hard to talk here

Chiunque voglia comperare la coca a Roma chiede in giro Amanda ;) 70 € al grammo pura dalla colombia

Here works okay for me, but I also have whatsapp if thats preferable

>If you carry with you a sense of the US's greatness, and look at other countries as competitors in some absurd pudding match between aggressive asshole nations, where the biggest dumbest playground bully wins, then don't go. Don't go anywhere, because it will ruin everyone else's experience of being around you, and thus, your experience

It's funny how little people change, bc that's how everyone everywhere wrote about the Romans back in the day. Fuck off with yer "Oooh I come from a huge empire, and Oooh we have a giant expensive military that smashes everyone else up all the time, and Oooh where I come from is so much more powerful than you all the gods must be on our side, and Oooh look at how fat I am and how much money I have, while, having traveled to your little burg, I complain about everything that isn't just like where I came from."

lol

also we don't speak french

Sinceramente non mi aspettavo italiani qua su Sup Forums

siamo come il prezzemolo

HAHAHAHAHAHHA si

Hb telegram? (At least u dont show him ur phone number)

hell no, giving your number on Sup Forums is like bending naked in front of a massive faggot who hasn't fucked for 2 years straight. Comunque sei abbastanza bravo, hai qualche dubbio (insecurity)?

Fuck, lol. Yeah I guess that's a good call. Well, all I got is that and FB, and I'm sure as shit not giving out my name. Possiamo parlare qui o no?

>Italians & Francs bitching at each other over stolen art
>ignoring the biggest art & cultural antiquities thieves in the entire fucking world

Sup Forums these days probably wouldn't do shit tbh. You're still right not to post it though of course.

we definitely can but it's not that comfortable, actually. But who cares. Let's talk.
Dove studi? Parlami un po' di te. (Lie about it of course)

Anche, non ho molto dubbie, ma io solamente vivo in Italia per due mese... è un buon idea a practicare italiano con Sup Forums

But I AM a massive faggit who hasn't fucked, not in 2 years, but in 6 years.

But I'm a bottom, so your ass is perfectly safe around me. But ja, don't put ur number on the web.

Porco dio vai via mongrel

>dubbie
Check these dubbies, Guido.

ma che cazzzo

Haha non ho un bisogno di mentire, ma non ho bisogno di parlare di tutto. Io studio vicino a Roma, in Astrofisica.

Not perfect but I definitely could comprehend you.
"Dubbio" is a male pronoun, so it goes "dubbi" for plural. Italian is kinda tricky, "for" is "da" when you use it to express a time. Like "Vivo in Italia da due mesi". Btw, mese is singular, mesi is plural. Idea is a female noun so the right article is "una" and, of course, the adjective "buon" goes "buona".
Don't you worry about it anyway, you're hella good

Oh and by the way I'm trying to learn English, so if I make some mistakes correct me, please

oppure ho vissuto in italia per 2 mesi

Ok italiani, tirate fuori il link di quelle tipe di modena

Nope. Moved back home to take care of my aging parents. No dating, no sex since 2011. Probably won't again either, who knows.

Lol, merda. Grazie per la aiuta. Sono solamente un americano molto stupido. Obbviamente, non ho esperienza con altre lingue. E tu, dove sei?

Not in this case. That would be correct if he left after two months, but considering he's still there that's not correct.

> Unless you live on the countryside and have family already there, no.
> A ton
> Hot, but fucking bitches.

Your English seems fucking crazy good, but I will let you know if I see anything

Nope, you're not stupid at all. Italian is hard to learn, and you're actually good at it after two months. I live in Southern Italy, in the island of Sicily. It's not so different from there, I guess.

si lo so pero si puo dire. guarda che sono italiano anche io ahahhahah

>if you can get past the below shit-tier beer and pasta overload then it's kinda nice,the language sounds pretty and it's kinda easy to pick up on,but the tourist areas are swarming with niggers,annoying as fuck,they only come and beg for shit, and they reek.
>Never been to us,but probably
>well,i've met a few at local bars,as everywhere there are pretty girls,ugly girls,nice girls, and mean girls
Also pizza is overrated,atleast in venice, rome and florence, thats where i ate it

Mio amico viva in Sicilia. La gente dice que sicilia ha pizza migliore di qui haha

Another tricky part: articles. When the word starts with a vowel, you have to cut the article at the last letter and add an apostrophe. i.e. "La aria" becomes "L'aria". So, in that case, "Lo aiuto" (It's aiuto, not aiuta - so the article becomes "Lo") becomes "L'aiuto". You misspelled "Ovviamente" but that's not a big deal. The rest is perfect, congrats.

I talked about definite articles, regarding indefinite articles there's another small rule: you add the apostrophe only when there's a female noun after, and it starts with a vowel. i.e. "Una anatra" (Means "A duck", btw) becomes "Un'anatra", while "Un artista" stands the same.

You can bet your ass, pizza is wonderful here haha

Fuck, this is helping a lot. Grazie. Possi scrivere in italiano un po? Penso che impareró da quello.

La migliore parte di America per me è il cibo Messicano haha. È impossibile trovare qui

Do you mean if I can speak Italian? In that case, certo. Parlerò in italiano e se non capirai qualcosa lo tradurrò in inglese, così imparerai. Va bene? Fammi delle domande, così avrò qualcosa di cui parlare. Non sono bravo a parlare senza un input

trovarlo non trovare

Ma che cazzo ci fanno tutti sti terroni di merda qui. E io che pensavo che nell'africa italiana l'internet fosse assente..
Rimanete comunque dei froci,sopratutto voi sbirri che monitorate il thread,potete farmi un bel bocchino che di fighe nell'arma ce le avete

Transl.
In that case, of course. I will speak in Italian and if you don't understand anything I will translate it to English, so you'll learn. Is that okay? Ask me some questions, so I'll have something to talk about. I'm not good at talking with no inputs

Britfag here who spends a couple of months a year with relatives in Italy. Fucking love every corner of that country. When I'm not there, Italians are all over my home town, London, so shit is good.

Will live in Italy one day but have no doubts it is a very different place from UK/US.

aspetta che chiami roma una citta di contadini?

D'accordo! Allora, cosa fai per lavoro? È facile a parlare di questa domande in italiano?

Go back to your stupid tea&biscuit faggotry. We have enough faggots in here

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Non ho un lavoro, sono uno studente all'università. Studio ingegneria informatica. Si, è molto semplice parlare di queste domande.

I don't have a job, I am a student at uni. I study computer engineering. Yes, it's very simple to talk about these questions.

Non cambia il fatto che hanno comunque hanno una percentuale maggiore di negraggine nel dna,poichè non essendo completamente bianchi si sa che da roma in giù l'italia non esiste più

kek nice one user

Capisco tutto la risposta! Umm, quale anno sei in la tua universita e cosa vogli fare con questa profesione?

>hey man we're not racist we're just xenophobic hur dur

ti sei salvato

Sono ancora al primo anno, e spero di diventare un tecnico informatico o lavorare come addetto alla cybersecurity. Tu, cosa vorresti fare dopo la laurea?

I'm still in freshman year, and I hope to become a computer engineer or an employee in cybersecurity. You, what do you want to do after graduation?

Spero che forse posso lavorare per un laboratorio nazionale in gli stati uniti o italia. Anche sto pensando che posso diventare un politico in gli estati uniti. Abbiamo un bisogno di ricercatori nel governo

kekioli

only nothern region are crimeless
rome is a shithole
i suggest turin

Molto bene, hai sbagliato solo qualche cosa, niente di grave. Le preposizioni semplici, quando sono dietro un articolo, si mischiano e diventano composte. In + Gli = Negli. È difficile, non ti preoccupare se non le capisci. È tutto riguardo la memoria, ti consiglio di cercare su google "Preposizioni composte" per impararle bene.

Very good, you only got some things wrong, but no big deal. Simple prepositions, when put before an article, blend and become composite prepositions. In + gli = Negli. It's hard, don't worry if you don't get it. It's all about memory, I suggest you look for "Preposizioni semplici" over Google to learn them well.

"eh ma al nord si evade di più"

its a beautiful shithole if you live of crime

Mi dispiache. Ho detto che sto imparando haha. Grazia per lo aiuto! Un'altra domande per la practica: cosa fai fuori di universita?

Anche, quando uso "in" oppure "nel"? È tutto stesso?

Non ti preoccupare amico, sono qui per aiutarti ad imparare, non dispiacerti! Mi piace molto leggere, ascoltare della musica (preferisco il rock vecchia scuola, amo i Pink Floyd) e navigare su Sup Forums. Si dice "dispiace", "grazie" e "pratica". Ma non ti preoccupare, come ti ho già detto sei davvero bravo, questi errori non sono importanti.

Don't worry friend, I'm here to help you learn, don't worry! I really like reading, listening to music (I prefer old-school rock, I love Pink Floyd) and browsing Sup Forums. It is "Dispiace", "grazie" and "pratica". But don't worry, as I already told you you're really good, these mistakes are not important

In + Il = Nel
In + La = Nella
In + Gli = Negli
In + Le = Nelle

Oh sorry, I wrote "Semplici" in the translation. You have to look for composte