Any advice for a guy who is terrified with the thought of death...

Any advice for a guy who is terrified with the thought of death? The fact that sometime I will be non-existent scares me a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLIrZg8kaqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

same

it can happen anytime

I just don't think about it. It'll come, I don't really care.

Did it bother you before you were born? I'd imagine it's like that. Can't say for certain tho, never been dead.

literally everybody and everything that does, has ever, and will ever exist also has to experience it, so don't be afraid. It'll be just like the billions of years before you were born, until you are born again into the cycle

How scary did not existing before being born feel?

Just curious how old you are. I just turned 39 and I think about this all the time... it scares the shit out of me, like not existing ever again for the rest of all eternity? That’s pretty fucked man.

OP, not-existing isn't scary

it's watching your parents wither away and die

watching your own body and dreams fade and fail

financial insecurity in old age, disease, pain, suffering and loneliness

that's what you need to be afraid of

ayahuasca and mushrooms helped me get over this

Personally the thought of all of history ever happening before my waking memory disturbs me.

Same OP, guess nothing better than finding a something to do to fill the void

I'm 55. how do you think I feel?

You don't care?

Think that with no-existence there's no Sup Forums.
That's better than great

Pray to not be part of rekt section

Watch the Kurzgesagt video on YouTube for Optimistic Nihilism.

>55
>browsing /b

Why be afraid of what will happen? Be afraid when it's supposed to come and it doesnt

faggot has a problem?

Don't let the inevitable scare you.
If it helps I'm afraid of death but only for the people who i care about. I myself don't care if i die as long as it's quick

You can allways suck a dick...

im more sad I wont be able to see what things are like in the future after im gone

like burning to death in a car on christmas morning?

and this is a problem for you why? Not him but 54 and /btard from the start. You forget young'un, without us you wouldn't have this thing called the internet.

Spend $100,000 for a 0.1% chance of being resurrected.

Don't worry, heaven and hell are real in some form. Pray and see if you get an answer.

Besides that try to put more into life and other people than you take, you only get one life. Be happy and enjoy it, you were born in the best 100 years so far in the best part of the entire history of humanity.

Take it form someone who has watched many people die in some horrible ways. You're gonna die someday, probably relatively soon.

And one the time comes, you'll probably die pretty embarrassingly. You'll probably look down at your phone while you're on a highway and the last thing you'll see is the back of a semi truck.

Maybe you'll jump into a swimming pool that an extension cord fell in. Zap.

You could be mowing the lawn and a clothesline gets wrapped around your neck and chokes you. Your foot is stuck on the gas and your corpse drives itself into your neighbor's cucumber garden.

You'll be standing in line at a convenience store when some crackhead comes in and just starts stabbing people with a rusty knife.

Or maybe you'll just die in a nursing home at old age and poop yourself while you stare at the ceiling tiles.

You're gonna die. You'll get buried in the ground and rot for 150 years. Might as well face it and move the fuck on with your boring life.

OP
you will never lose that fear
but you will learn to not think about it

they hate old fags like us

this guy gets it

maybe we wouldn't have the internet but we'd probably have a stable economy and a competent president

you have nothing to fear or lose except the loss of fear lose itself

o shit
I want to shake your hands

Hey OP.

Imagine you're at a party. At one point, you'll get tapped on the shoulder and told, not that the party is ending but something worse, ''This party is going to continue, but I'm afraid you have to leave''.

That scares us. So, because it may make us feel better, let's propose the opposite. Instead, you'll get tapped on the shoulder and told ''This party is going on forever, and you can't leave''.

If you spend every minute at the party, worrying about why it will end, you're going to ruin the party for yourself.

Enjoy the party while you're at it, friend. Live and enjoy.

Either this or rot in a hole.
Not much of an option.

stay mad kid

man i feel you, i often think deep about this shit..however as a child i had memories of a previous life..so who knows

stay irrelevant oldfag. you're gonna die soon.

this retarded

Maybe I have something for your thoughts about death...
Change your thinking. Open your mind. Relax man, turn on radio, listen to your best band. Village People for example...Get on your knees and just take that cock on your face. Let him slam your face with his war-fuck-monster fallus mace.

Rampa's 17th book, ''I believe''.

I was just watching but you went off to make a meme. I'm sides and nothing more.

Working in emergency services, seeing the age some people get to and are still alive. I'm not scared of death, I'm scared to get too old

thinks I will die first because of my age.
my sides.
then he makes a meme to show how mad I made him.

Technically you won’t be here to witness your death, so why fear it? You won’t know. That’s how I get over it. I have a terrible fear of death. Still gives me panic attacks in the shower sometimes. And being alone at night, I have to wake someone up and talk to them or I will make myself pass out so hopefully I’ll forget to think about it when I wake up.

no one here is mad. except you because you're old and fat and probably a closet gay

don't wory kid you'll get to enjoy every minute of it.

God?

One day you'll get it. I was as lib as they come at 19. Somewhere around 30-35 and a 6 figure salary I started to get it.
Life shouldn't be a handout.

when you die you wont notice you're dead because you'll be fucking dead

stay mad kid

ITT: scared ignorant unwise cowardly faggots
>it's good to be the king

Are you sure Death will be the End?

watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=eLIrZg8kaqM

not exactly

Well, think of death like a sleep session
One of those sleep sessions where you don't have any dreams. That's what death is. I guess if you believe in God then you go yo heaven.

Read the Bible OP

No one can tell you what you're exactly presented with after you die. You can reassure yourself with the fact that anything could happen rather than nothing happening at all.

well not exactly

>What is astral travel?

I used tonearm death...then I smoked DMT

Did you ever smoke DMT?
It's incredibly powerful. So much so that when your not high anymore - you realize you DIDN'T die.

Hue due drugs make me see god, ever though it was just your brain being all fucked up and distorting you reality?

Okay, faggot.
Try to die without your brain releasing DTM.

Well. I saw one video on YT (in polish, so link gonna be useless for most of you - anyway there are tons of eng. videos like one I've seen) about simulation of our world.

Well, from mathematic point of view it's not that chance of us beeing only simulation is small. Chance that we are NOT simulation is small. Around 1 to 999999999... and so on.

Real minsfuck comes when you realize that simulation can be inside simulation that is inside sim that is inside som that is inside sim...

On the grand scale of the universe, you essentially don't exist right now. Space is huge and by comparison we are so small that nothing we do will have any meaningful impact on the natural course of existence. But at the same time, you aren't just a bystander watching creation unfold. You are part of the universe itself. Everything that constitutes your physical existence, every cell, every molecule, every atom, down to the quantum level... Every single particle of your being has been around since the dawn of existence. At some point in the birth of the universe you and I and everything else, was all just stuff floating around empty space. The stuff that makes you has always existed and will continue to exist forever. Death is not an end, it's a continuation of something immeasurably larger than yourself. Everything in the universe is both a reduction of something once whole and a conglomerate of many things at the same time. You're eventual death is a non-event because we never die. We simply return to a natural state of universal symbiosis.

Convert to Christianity then you know your death on this earth leads to a better life in heaven.

Reincarnation keeps you retarded fucktards in the gene pool forever. That's why when I hear people try to be edgy saying should have had an abortion I cringe. A lot of what you faggots do make me cringe. This thread makes me cringe.

Death is release from the pain of life.

I've actually heard a few stories from my friends who were 100% non believers and hated the idea of God try dmt then within a week or so quit drugs, drinking and converted to christianity

You either do something great and be remebered forever,and die happy
Or you live a boring life,die and get forgotten in time...
If you plan on going with option 2 there is nothing to be afraid of,

Are you scared of sleep too? I'm not scared of being dead since I like sleep a lot. I am scared of dying though, I'm a wimp, I hope it doesn't hurt

Same, weirds me out

"Seeing" things in the afterlife is bullshit. Human eyesight is just the visible part of electromagnetic radiation hitting your retina and your brain interpreting the signal. Your eyes and brain die with your body.

Lol, it' allways painfull. You ends dead with pants full of shit. You fart and you are gone forever hahaha :D.

I started pondering it when I hit my 30s. It's fucking weird but you have to find some way to embrace the inevitability of it.

chekem

There are two choices once you've crossed the threshold. Go mad thinking about it, or distract yourself until the time comes.

nice quads

The quads speak truth.

Is like to hear about this experience. Been considering a trip to Peru to try it.

I think you plagiarized hitch there and didn’t even give him credit

Be more afraid of not living your life properly.

I'm a Jungian mystic with a couple of decades of experience with shamanic techniques. You may have seen my threads here occasionally. It may help to ease your mind if you're able to recognize the reality that you are not one person but many. Your conscious identity is a mask you wear to disguise the innumerable archetypal entities who crowd your unconscious, all of whom can be embodied in their own identities and talked to with the right discipline and techniques.

Some of these entities are your personal manifestations of deeper and more archetypal entities, but there are also those which are as old as our species -- or older -- and which cannot die so long as a single human survives. I'm not talking about anything supernatural here, either, but psychological reality you can confirm yourself through your immediate experience.

My advice to you is to take the heroic dose and visit with the self-transforming machine elves. Neurobiologists have been studying the phenomenon because it's so universal, and the current theory is that the machine elves are the mind's way of interpreting the part of ourselves which manufactured representational reality from sense perception, schema, and memory. Meeting the machine elves is always a transformative experience and will give you a new understanding of the nature of your own being and identity. It should dispel any lingering worries about mortality.

I'm pretty certain that, for the vast majority of people here, if they were literally granted immortality tonight, they'd still be on here shitposting tomorrow night.
In that sense, it's sort of comfortable in that we often live life like we have an unlimited amount of it.

Immortality under certain conditions AKA necessary and sufficient definitions