How much do Youtubers make?

How much do Youtubers make?
Im just curious ive seen them say theyre just going to focus on Youtube as a career and they only get around 200,000 views a video. On average.

Can someone explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/819kXdmhX7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do you think every supreme wearing fag on youtube literally throat fucks you with "HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON" and "GET OUR SHIRTS"?

I mean whats the incentive to get a like? Do they pay on likes? I understand the product stuff.
I just want to know how much someone that doesnt seem very popular makes a living on Youtube

I mean, Logan did well with the whole dead body thing. Anything is possible, after all controversy=views

It depends on how much you post. If you post two videos a day and average 200k per video you are making 100k+.

Entirely depends on the channel. How many ads they place on their videos, if their audiences have a high percentage of ad block, and if any of the videos are demonitized. Shit like that it all varies but a 200k view video can come up to a couple hundred

It helps advertise somewhat. Also gets the video more popular

Not much a million views pays out like 600

Depends on a lot of factors
The biggest of which is if you're partnered with some kinda organization or not, which every big YouTuber is.
But also, it depends on what kinda content you make. Game content gets paid diddly. Children's content (like straight up toddler shit) makes bank.
I believe the rule of thumb is somewhere between $5-$9 per thousand views

Actual youtuber here.

This is what i made for december before youtube took their cut.

This is based off 5m views and 250,000+ Subs.

I do gameplay videos.

Youtubes algorithm works weird but usually videos with more likes will get placed in recommended areas more than one with less ratings on it.

Likes drive up more viewers due to the way youtube's algorithm works, which in turn makes them more ad revenue

Wrong.

Youtube does not base traffic on likes at all.

Likes and dislikes do nothing. I know this for a fact.

How in the shit can you pull numbers like that? I've got nothing compared to that

Watch time is what makes a video get views.

High watch time = way better paying ads AND
More views.

I have a video on youtube at 22k views. Ive made $30 on it. Ad revenue is really week unless yo u get tons of views. Product reviewers make bank when they have amazon links through a partnership that anyone can apply for. If you click their link and buy literally anything using that link, they make commission.

Watch time. People spend a long time watching per video so i get premium ads that pay more.

Are you 14? You sound like you don't have the slightest clue how it works. Youtube is a platform similar to social media and engagement translates directly into revenue as it represents how much the audience is receptive to your brand. A huge level of engagement, likes, comments, etc., tells advertisers that your audience values you, which makes your channel more valuable and what you say more valuable.

false. for example the trending page is not solely based on views alone, videos with a high amount of likes and views in a semi-short period of time have a chance to be on trending. Also videos with an extremely high dislike ratio are less likely to appear on the recommended.

boogie2988 had a tweet up early (since deleted) that mentioned LoganPaul would have made $16,000 USD off of his apology video that had 16 million views.

So whatever the math is on that.

Dubs decides if I start a YouTube channel and commit to it

You're dumb. I do this for a living and i have two agents that are conditioned in the use of youtubes algorithem.

Likes have no effect. They are a VISUAL Basis for users looking for good videos. Dislikes play no part in the algorithm unless it's close to 50/50 likes and dislikes which then it's a tiny % of impact.

Comments = Engagement so they are valued a little but not nearly as much.

If your video gets high watch time the algorithm will push it more for views and if those views continue to watch a high % of the video then it will trend more.

The trending page is managed by youtube employees themselves and they deny it but there is 100% leaked evidence they lied.

I do this shit for a living. Don't act like king shit when you have nothing to back it up.

No one cares.

Lazy fuck, just go on google and ask how much they make. You can make this thread, but you can't go on google?

Commit you fag

HUUUUUURRRRRR!!!!!!!! i dont know how to research

Well as an example, pre Jewtube demonetization PewDiePie was making about 2 million a year granted he is the most subscribed to channel on the block. If you make ad friendly content and rake in views, it's a bit easier to make Youtube a living but even then big Youtubers that make ad friendly content still have to resort to sponsors and advertising to them somewhere in the video and sell merchandise. So unless you're making ad friendly videos and bring in at least a couple hundred thousand a video, you're on a be struggling.

What type of games do you play? At least give us some chances at speculation.

By the time people like you are asking that question, it's already too late to monetize it. There's already a staggering amount of content, and almost anything new is just background noise...

2000 per million

Right but how do you get people watching in the first place? I tried the whole long-form gameplay content thing, but nobody is going for the smaller channels doing it anymore. It seems like only the ones that are already established can pull that off

Survival games.

Do you have any idea how those rates compare to traditional media like TV or other advertisement modes like click adds? Above $0.01 per view seems like a lot to me. Maybe it is because your content is tailored to a very specific demographic.

Also, you shoud continue red pilling kids.

Jesus

"agents"

Wait so you made 3million CAD?

You need to find a trend or GAME UPDATE. Cover a popular game's update FIRST the second it comes out and make a GOOD video people will enjoy. That watch time is SO valuable i cant stress it enough.

What content?

I did and google varies on the answer

I can promise if you do THIS right you'll have a surge of subscribers. Dont expect anything to pay good untill like 20-30k subs but honestly speaking i havent seen a month below 10,000 in earnings since i hit 50,000.

I'll see, probably not gaming

Naw i dont want to make content.
Just curious at how people who only get 200k views make a living as the google seems to say they dont make much per thousand views.

Do anime and gaming.

The answers on Google are shit. Even the interviews you find are shit. You'll find these assholes saying they don't make that much money on 300k per video and they live in a 2-story house in LA at the age of 22. These people are fucking liars. One of the reasons Youtube has change monetization like 3 different times is because they were making dozens of millionaires. Ethan Klein talks about it (not directly) when he covers those weirdos that make videos for kids. He breaks down how many hundreds of thousands of dollars they probably got from a getting views in the tens of millions.

I have a really hot Armenian/Russian gf. Should she make YouTube makeup reviews and tutorials?

Sure especially if she has an accent
Maybe also have her talk about styles from Russia and stuff too

>find trends and game updates from other youtubers

how can i get informed on things like this quickly enough to make a video on it?

something you would like to say?

They may have an actual job and refuse to admit it.
They also might be selling merchandise or have a donate system.
Of course they could be banking off of 12 year olds like DanTDM.

Do i need the $700 hd camera right off the bat?

Any tutorials you used? There are so many on YouTube that its hard to smell the bullshit

Lol, no.

I was planning to buy US$250 camera, Canon

>only 200k

I'd love to see you try pulling a 200k average yt channel. Protipyoucant.

Its probly different for music videos, but I heard post Malone say YouTube has paid him more than a million dollars for his white iverson video that I think has like 500 million views or so?

Just get a decent 1080p it's what I used and quality is good enough.
youtu.be/819kXdmhX7U

That's a refurb 1080p from cannons website btw, about $200 when i got it.