>Game of Thrones
>Veep
>Silicon Valley
>Jon Oliver
>Politically Correct Bill Maher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3X-UDNoFbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They forgot what made shows like sopranos, wire, and deadwood so good. Yes those shows had swearing and nudity, but they were much more than that. HBO shows today(besides leftovers) are obsessed with as much as gratuitous nudity and violence as possible, thinking it makes them adult

go look at the upcoming shows hbo has planned

it's mostly a bunch of shitty comedies with maybe one or two mini series that may be worth a watching. once GoT is done hbo is fucked, all they'll have going for them is westworld.

Silicon Valley and The Leftovers are their only good things now. I really want them to bring back Carnivale, fuckers still own the rights but didn't want to turn it into a comic book series. I would've loved that.

They only care about shock value now to see what gets trending on social media and not creating anything with depth and anything that does have some semblance of depth is pretty much made obscured or not exposed enough.

>all they'll have going for them is westworld.

Considering its shitty ratings I doubt that

>Westworld was supposed to be their saving grace.

>westworld
overrated and the wild west setting doesn't work that well outside of the US killing oversea tv-deals and blu-ray-sales.

>It will never be this good again

youtube.com/watch?v=w3X-UDNoFbs

>Not mentioning Big Love or Six Feet Under

For what purpose?

because big love became shit after two seasons with a horrible end en par with dexters'.

How's it end?

INTERVIEWER: Did that come with The Sopranos? Did you think you were making art at that time?
CHASE: Well that sounds so pretentious. Truth of the matter is, no I did not think we were making art. What I thought we were doing, was something more entertaining than what had been around before, a little more true to human life.

...HBO has fucking lost it years ago, they made mabye one or two good shows in post-Sopranos era.

Also, there's this:

INTERVIEWER: How do you see HBO having evolved since your time there?
CHASE: I’m doing a project for them, A Ribbon Of Dreams, but I haven’t worked with them for a long time and what I’ve heard is they don’t rely quite as much on the creator or the artist doing what comes naturally to him or her.
INTERVIEWER: What you understand is a change from how it used to be?
CHASE: I remember when we did The Sopranos I had three arguments with Chris Albrecht over 6 seasons, 10 years. Yeah, I had three maybe four arguments with him and that’s nothing. Now from what I understand there’s a lot more back-and-forth.

> what I’ve heard is they don’t rely quite as much on the creator or the artist doing what comes naturally to him or her.
> Now from what I understand there’s a lot more back-and-forth.

Yeah, I wonder what went wrong... Probably got overtaken by SJW jews.

I find Silicon Valley more enjoyable to watch than Curb Your Enthusiasm and I fucking love Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Bill Paxton gets shot and killed by some neighbor for some reason.

bump

Westworld seems alright but it is about to get obliterated by TWD this sunday and the rest of the season in the ratings.

>Missing Eastbound and Down

westworld comes on at 10 so it's not like they will overlap with time slots. but yes, more people watch walking dead

It's a new era OF MORAL COMPLEXITY.

>no sex and the city
>no dream on

Bill Maher is still pretty politically incorrect

>mfw his audience gasps at a joke he made and he looks at them with disappointment before berating them

Nothing went wrong. HBO has always had both good and bad shows, but on average over the years their original programming has been better than anyone else's.

Best HBO original programming
Westworld 2016-
Silicon Valley 2014-
True Detective 2014-
The Newsroom 2012-14
Luck 2012-14
Boardwalk Empire 2010-14
The Pacific 2010
Generation Kill 2008
Flight of the Conchords 2007-09
John from Cincinnati 2007
Rome 2005-07
Deadwood 2004-06
Carnivàle 2003-05
The Wire 2002-08
Band of Brothers 2001
Curb Your Enthusiasm 2000-11
The Sopranos 1999-07
From the Earth to the Moon 1998
Oz 1997-03
Mr. Show with Bob & David 1995-98
Dennis Miller Live 1994-02
The Larry Sanders Show 1992-98
Dream On 1990-96
The Kids in the Hall 1989-95
Tales from the Crypt 1989-96
___
Considered including; good shows, but not highest-level:
Vinyl 2016
The Brink 2015
Veep 2012-
Treme 2010-13
Eastbound & Down 2009-13
Big Love 2006-11
Entourage 2004-11
Six Feet Under 2001-05
___
Intentionally omitted:
Game of Thrones 2011-
___
Have not watched (yet):
Leftovers 2014-

Westworld is on at 9 I thought? That's when I have been watching it. They probably do a second running.

>it's another Sup Forums pretends Game of Thrones is bad just to be contrarian thread

oh wait it does come on at 9, im retarded

>the wild west setting doesn't work that well outside of the US
Man you really have no idea how much Europeans, especially Germans for some reason, eat up wild west action shit. Germans are fucking crazy about cowboys and indians.

This is like claiming samurai flicks have no market outside Japan despite that being bull fucking shit.

HBO has always gone through good/bad cycles.

For real. The fucking Italians loved Westerns so much they created a sub-genre for them.

If it's fake bullets how do they injure other hosts and inanimate objects like wood

westworld has record breaking rating you idiot. HBO is doing great

Just got HBO

>mfw never watched

>Rome
>The Sopranos
>The Wire
>Twin Peaks
>Oz
>Six Feet Under
>Deadwood
>Carnivale

The Leftovers, Veep and Westworld are great

I blame the Emmy Awards.

If HBO asked itself "would we rather make a show that wins Emmy awards, or would we rather make the best show possible," it would always choose the former. Game of Thrones won Outstanding Drama twice now - what incentive do they have to make real quality shows when they can win the most prestigious TV show award for their tits&dragons program?

>inb4 some faggot tries to say that seasons 5 and 6 were good

Are WW ratings any good?

I just want Leftovers season 3 and Fargo season 3. Only shows thats currently airing im interested in

sounds like you haven't watched ash vs evil dead

Yeah. They're in the same ballpark as GoT and TD's first seasons.

>hipsters hating on GoT

>>Silicon Valley

That's great you fucking plen

So Westworld failing ensures an immediate GoT spin-off? Is there any hope it will be less shitty than NuGoT?

>WW failing
>ignoring all the posts pointing out that it has very good ratings

Why does Six Feet Under always get snubbed by this board?

Really edgy with the GoT omission bruh

AT&T SUBSIDIARY HBO PRESENTS

I knew a Saudi that loved John Wayne. In fact, westerns were a big source of his English education. He could actually do a really good John Wayne impression.

lol

>Veep
>Silicon Valley
SV is decent and veep is good for what it is, Bill Maher isnt a full blown sjw and frequently makes fun of them and also gives shit to Muslims all the fucking time.
Also Westworld

Drop your subscription once you've gotten through all of those on HBO Go.

Who would pay for a subscription to anything when Kodi exists?

>HBO today
you forgot:
>girls
>the leftovers
but don't worry, according to the ratings everyone else forgets about them as well

>Silicon Valley and The Leftovers are their only good things now
silicon valley
the leftovers
good

pick none

Shilling won't change the fact that current HBO's lineup is the worst it's ever been seen they got their rep.

>True Detective
>The Night Of

They just need to work on more dramas and less shows for girls/teens.

If you think season 5 & 6 were good you are an idiot.

Butthurt GoTbabby detected. Sorry the show went to shit after S4.

brah u forgot ur meme arrows

i'd be cool with a robert's rebellion mini series.

ever heard of Karl May ?
even gipsis naming they kids after the main character of the novels Winnetou
westerns are popular

>having taste is edgy
W E W
E
W

>No Oz
>No Sex and the City
You were close, user.

>Oz
>2004
It's not OP's fault you're retarded, user.
>Sex and the City
It's not OP's fault you're a barren housewife, user.