What is the reason that people who 'critique' movies and television have never actually made something thats worthwile?

What is the reason that people who 'critique' movies and television have never actually made something thats worthwile?

Is it because it's easier to make videos that take no actual planning with 'hilarious' funny bits so they get advertisement money from kids with zero ability to form their own opinions?

Is it because the only reason they never have put work in anything in their life except sitting in front of the television?

>if you don't make something as good or better, than you aren't allowed to critique it!

Literally 12 year old tier argument

>IT'S A PHONEPOSTER SHIT THREAD

>why do people criticize bad food if they haven't run their own restaurant yet

What is the reason that people who 'critique' people who 'critique' movies and television have never actually made something that's worthwhile?

Is it because it's easier to shitpost about the videos they've made with no actual planning?

>What is the reason that people who 'critique' movies and television have never actually made something thats worthwile?

Redlettermedia has made tons of great content, just not actual movies, so this statement immediately falls apart due to your pathetic grasp of language.

>those who can't do teach

>mad cucks that have done nothing else with their lives but browse Sup Forums and critique the work of others
>trying this hard to justify their huge amounts of wasted time

lol... this is just sad.

>all these RLM defenders
they aren't your real friends. they don't care about you.

anybody who watches those internet nobodies needs to kill themselves.

Post a link to your review channel, and your movies

>untitled.png
>phoneposter

>projecting

You've never made something better than them, yet here your faggot ass is crying about what they do.

Funny how that works isn't it?

>Yes, the only people who should critique anything are those that are good whatever they're critiquing.

You think guys like Scorcese and Spielberg have time to critique movies?

Jay, just like Mike and Rich and AIDSMoby, is a failure. He simply failed. I'm not passing judgment, I'm just objectively telling you that what you're witnessing is a group of sad, burnt-out middle-aged men finally settling.

They wanted to be filmmakers. They wanted to craft cult classics, to see their visions realized on actual celluloid.

What stings the most, I'd wager, is being so close to the film world without actually taking part in it. Their only consolation is making glib, snarky Gen-X remarks about real artists while begging for Patreon money to keep them furnished with Ramen and Kool-Aid.

This is what happens to dreams deferred guys. They either like raisins in the sun and wind up washing up on YouTube.

It's sad. A sperg like Jay could have brought home 90-100k as an engineer. Instead he's living out his middle age years alone with nothing but his buddies to drown his sorrows with.

Truly a cautionary tale for would-be "auteurs".

>mad cucks that have done nothing else with their lives but browse Sup Forums and critique the work of others
>trying this hard to justify their huge amounts of wasted time
But isn't that exactly what you're doing?

dont give a fuck about RLM myself, just pointing out OP's hypocrisy

It's true that they are all failures, but they have ended up with RLM, which is honestly doing well right now. They take in decent money from Patreon alone. I wouldn't call their situation "sad" compared to all the failures who literally end up doing nothing, or some horrible job ("engineer") that they hate.

>Jay could have brought home 90-100k as an engineer.

I'd much rather be critiquing films with my bros for less money than being an engineer. Not everyone loves money.

I think you are being a little bit too harsh on their situations that I don't know if you are serious or not.

Theres a large amount of assumptions from beginning to end but how can you be so certain that they completely apply to these people? For example, why would Jay even care for an engineering degree? how do you know that ''living out his middle age years alone with nothing but his buddies'' isn't the greatest thing ever? Hell I would love to have buddies in the first place.

>What is the reason that people who 'critique' movies and television have never actually made something thats worthwile?
Godard was a film critic before making some of the most universally acclaimed movies of all time. I don't like him personally, but there's that.
>Is it because it's easier to make videos that take no actual planning with 'hilarious' funny bits so they get advertisement money from kids with zero ability to form their own opinions?
Yes. It would be easier to make a video without any planning, sure. Advertisement money though? Considering you make about 1k per 100k views, I would say RLM makes most of their cash off the people who fund their Patreon.
>Is it because the only reason they never have put work in anything in their life except sitting in front of the television?
>because the only reason they never have put work in anything in their life
I don't know if that's a sentence. An idea maybe, but I think you're calling them lazy, lazily, and sure. It's easier to make videos talking about stuff than it is to produce a short film or something. So, relatively they are lazy in comparison to Hollywood but in terms of youtube?
Who caaaaares. Youtube stinks.

Come back when you have made your own famous internet critique videos, then you can criticize them.

Because you don't have to make something worthwhile to know what makes something good. That being said RLM are a bunch of hypocrites shitting on movies that are intentionally trying to be so bad they're good while making almost nothing but that.

I dunno, but you're critiquing internet reviewers right now so you're probably in the best position to answer your own question.

why do you do it?