I heard you can save money by making making food at home and not eating out

I heard you can save money by making making food at home and not eating out.

What kind of foods can a lazy broke fellow like me prepare?

buy frozen chicken breasts
buy mixed bag of frozen vegetables
buy rice

Use ricecooker to cook rice/steam veggies at the same time

Cook chicken on frying pan

25 mins cook time if you defrost beforehand

Costs

Spaghetti with ketchup is good.

will dump a few of these if interested

Saved.

If you go Keto, you can save quite a bit.
Get 2 bags of 2lb fish at Walmart for 10 bucks, a weeks worth of ground beef 80%lean is about 10 bucks, so 20 bucks altogether, since fish will supplement the beef.
Veggies, Tuna in can, Salmon in can, fruits, etc.
Breakfast, I have eggs. Boiled. Monthly total about 10 bucks for eggs.

It's possible, you just can't be lazy.

Half of the food that you can buy at the store doesn't need to be prepare at all. Buy large sizes or in bulk of the products that you need (saves money in the long run), and try to buy generic brands for the foods that you aren't very picky about. As for what you can prepare, I don't know. It's all up to you. Unless you're a retard, it's not that difficult to prepare a meal.

eat hot dogs and canned ravioli

50 dogs for less than 5 dollars
The buns end up costing more than the dogs and you can put what ever you want on them. Just try to mix up the condiments and you can eat for ~$10 a week

more?

Hell yea. These are good

WTF

It seems to me that no one in this thread really understand what being broke means

an apple

These look good!

Egg in a hole! Did this alot in college

Learn to brown and drain ground beef and also boil red potatoes

Thanks user!

Round these ways a 80c can of baked beans and 4 bits of toast will fill you right up. Some cheese too if your a rich cunt.

I have a couple more but getting slowed down by captcha

Fucking captchas. Post what you got I’m saving all these.

this is the last one

stick to local cuisine. you had a grandma, right? she could pull out fancy stuff out of flour, eggs, olive oil and stuff. now it's your goddamn turn user

I wish I knew how to cook when I was broke and in college, it would have saved me so much money.

Spaghetti is relatively easy to make. Also shepherd's pie and even hamburger. I don't even know where to start with giving advise, but potatoes are easy to make and are a nice filling complex carb.

...and it's SO wrong, dude.
1 there is no cream
2 bacon? it's done with the cheek
3 only the egg yolks, beaten to a cream and added to the pasta at the end
4 not parmesan, but pecorino which is saltier

itafag here

I am just the messenger didnt make any of the pics just posted them

we always called them 'eggs in boats' when I was a kid

Eggs

buy those massive bulk trays of fresh eggs (you shouldn't care about free range if you're broke). 3 eggs for scrambling with some spring onion or tomato, 4 for an omlette add some mushrooms if you're fancy, fry some for a fried egg sandwich, boil them for egg and onion sandwiches, make eggy toast.

You might feel like pic related after a while though.

If you're really desperate, you can live off of only rice and beans. Simple, easy, and cheap, it's what probably the majority of the worlds population eats. All you do is boil it after soaking the beans overnight, so it's almost impossible to fuck up.

1. Meat dumplings (after preparing them add sauce. Example sour cream)
2. Beans in tomato sauce (add onions, meat or whatever you think will work with them)
3. Bread + onions + eggs - just cook them together (if can afford throw in cheese too)

Just throw some kind of vegetable or fruit between. And nuts, they got quite a lot protein and calories.

>1. Meat dumplings (after preparing them add sauce. Example sour cream)
>2. Beans in tomato sauce (add onions, meat or whatever you think will work with them)
>3. Bread + onions + eggs - just cook them together (if can afford throw in cheese too)

what the fuck?

it was meant as 3 different meals, not one :D (and fruits, nuts between meals not part of one) didn't want to go too much into details so just wrote very short.

i assumed it was 3 different meals. still weird though. where are you from?

bump

>learn how to cook/fry/bake meats (hamburger, steak, pork, chicken, fish, super easy)
>learn how to bake or steam vegetables (super easy)
>learn how to make starches (rice, potatoes, bread, super easy)
>one of each for each meal
>infinite combinations together
>live for decades off it, like me, 49

wouldn't call weird (maybe except number 3, that is literally throwing all stuff in pan). i am just broke college student from eastern europe.
I just counted these because OP asked for lazy and cheap meals (and many meals in this thread don't go with one or another category)

>eastern europe

oh, okay

Rice is incredibly cheap and easy to make. Buy meat on the cheap by waiting until the big groceries mark it down. Veggies are various in flavors, prep, and complexity to cook, but steaming is easy and most veggies steam; they are cheaper when they are close to turning. Frozen food prep can save time, but freezing means you are buying bulk (only buy bulk if you have a soup kitchen or a large enough family).

Nong Shim is the brand; Shin Ramyun is the type of food. Ignore most of this idiots meme made in committee by idiots.

yesterday I made an awesome beef stew

2 litres of beef broth in tetra packs
2 pounds of beef, any cut, even stewing beef which is dirt cheap
5 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
4 big carrots, cut 1inch length
2 celary stocks cut
half teaspoon of basil
half teaspoon of rosemary

cooked it all for like 3 hours, super easy and tasy af

You are just a copypasta newfag idiot

Please enlighten us with your trips and all, fgt

Delete your system 32

My dad recently gave me his chicken recipe and its fucking amazing. Super simple

>Get chicken breast or thighs with skin on
>Boil the chicken for 30 minutes
>Take it out and season it however
>I use minced garlic, olive oil, basil, parsley
>Put the chicken in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes
>Then broil for 5 minutes or until that skin is crispy.

This chicken is always insanely tender (unless you froze the chicken then it's shit, stay fresh if you can)

I like to make rice and shred the chicken, put veges, chicken, rice all together and munch away.

My dad would always save the broth from boiling to use in soup and use left over chicken for home made pot pie.

Also

I like baked brussel sprouts.

>1lb bag of sprouts ($3)
>Rinse them, cut off ends
>Peel first layer
>Cut in half length wise
>Put on olive oil, Himalayan sea salt, garlic
>I think I bake them 15-20 @ 400 in the toaster over, just untill the outer edge gets crispy
>Munch.

About 5 dollars will fill me up.

>just put sea salt on
>Himalayan sea salt is just sea salt

Nuh uh it's pink.

Sea salt is great though.

Don't eat swordfish. Their mercury contents are absolutely ridiculous and can cause serious problems if eaten often.

I eat off less than 300 bucks a month. And thats with eating a fuckton of protein and getting other macros for lifting. If you are willing to cook shit and deal with a little bit of monotony you can eat cheap as shit. Rice, chicken, tuna, lentils, buckwheat, oats, eggs. Different Spices are key to making you not get sick of the same foods. And you gotta switch up textures and shit. I'd be willing to bet I could eat off 150 a month if I ate the amount of meats normal people eat.

Buy a package of chicken breast boneless,skinless,or not. You'll save more money if bones and skin is still on. I usually buy a pack around $14 worth or less if on sale. Put them on a pan and bake them all in the oven at once. Takes about an hour. Then put them in a container when done and you got your protein for a week.

I like to take a can of beans and a bag of frozen vegetables what ever kind. Put them in a pot break some of the chicken up mix it with the beans and vegetables add a little water.

That's it. Now you could flavor it I would take some sweet barbeque sauce and put it in let it reduce. You could also use some kind of hot sauce alone or with the barbeque sauce.

You could eat it just like that or rap it in a wrap. Sounds like a lot put cooking the chicken all at once is the trick. It's healthy to. I take the skin off.

basic pasta and sauce is effective