Anyone here have Tats? I want to get a full sleeve and one on my upper back. How painful is it...

Anyone here have Tats? I want to get a full sleeve and one on my upper back. How painful is it? Is it like the needle when you have a blood test?
Any designs you can recommend would be appreciated. I'm going for Celtic and religious themes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emla but ask your artist first

Thanks will do.

The pain of getting a tattoo is nothing compared to the pain of seeing another fucking douche with a celtic/religious sleeve.

Nice trips.

Dont get a tattoo. Put that money in a high yield savings account every time you want to get a tattoo.
There is no reason to get one and you will look like a pretentious asshole no matter what you get.

Tattoos are for hipster faggots and lost their edge in the early 2000's

I like tats though.

Isn't painful unless you're a faggot tbqh

Pic related is a 9 hour session.

The first 30 min and the last hour hurt like a mother fucker, the rest wasn’t that bad.

Don’t ask for recommendations. Think about it for atleast 2 years by your self. Don’t be a faggot and get that religious shit.

you dont typically walk into a full sleeve as your 1st tattoo

So an elf with a moon is good?

Does anyone think about what it will look like when you're 60? Some nasty bruise looking shit smeared all over your arm like you have some blood disease that dissolves veins

plastic surgery.

Tattoos feel more like a burn. It is tolerable. Once you get into your longer sessions, 8 hour ones, your body fatigues and you will twitch and the sensations from it will get worse.

The only parts that hurt with a sleeve is the inner bicep, the wrist where your tendons lie across and the Elbow is fucking horrific.

I'd recommend either doing the elbow absolutely last or avoiding it all together.

Your upper back will feel the best. Especially if you have any type of muscle. If you're skin and bones then the spinal portion will be uncomfortable.

Remember your nerve endings aren't as frequent on your upper back than they are near your hands or elbow.

Always sit as long as you can and tough it out. It's better than putting it off for another session because you'll have to go through all the shit again.

i love tattoos. i have one on my right forearm and a small one on my left shoulder. surprisingly the one on my left shoulder was very painful- the other on i barely felt at all.

enjoy OP and don't listen to these other faggots. they're just mad because they don't have a tattoo and feel some kind of resentment when they see them on other people.

Well, when I'm 60 I'm still going to be muscular and hanging out with young women so I don't care.

Also, if you're 60 and really give a shit about what you look like then you need to just go away. Most people that are older literally give zero fucks about anything, much less what someone thinks about their tattoos.

The only reason that "you'll regret it when you're older' shit happens is so people can immediately hold people in contempt for doing whatever they want to do.

When you eat your McFat burger and gorge on caffeine..... Anyone can easily tell you "you're going to regret that when you're older". Much more so than a tattoo.

You really never see a 70 year old that's obese. That's because they die. If you live your life based off of what other people think and what they THINK you will think then you're doomed to fail regardless. Good luck doing anything, ever.

I've thought about it, but when I'm 60 I'll remember everything about them and it'll just be a part of me. Like someone who wears glasses. If they took them off they would look foreign, similar to how I would look if my tatts were removed.

It's really not a big deal.

t. I'm a tattoo artist and have plenty of tattoos

lol I'll be picky choosing the artist.

any kind of religious symbol would look 100x better than your faggy cartoon

Why you mad, bro?

Let’s see that awesome religious tat!

dont have tats because im not a complete degenerate yet

>I'm a tattoo artist and have plenty of tattoos
any pics?

start fairly small, and make sure you go to a good tattoo, they can make almost anything look good

tattoo artist*

also i want to get the prayer to st michael the archangel on my upper back.

>St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Why the fuck would you put something so stupid on your body... Permanently?

As if you'll care when you're 60 what your skin looks like. Get a fucking tattoo dude, if that's what you want.
I would suggest not getting someth too detailed otherwise it'll get blurry really quick. I prefer just black and white with strong bold lines.
I havent got any tribal or celtic shit tho

i actually did consider aging when i got my tattoo.

when i'm 60? shit if i even make it that far i guess i'll be one of those badass old dudes with a bunch of tattoos. you think i'm going to start giving a fuck because i got old?

I got a full sleeve on my scrotum.its of Washington crossing the Delaware.shit is cash.my gf loves it

Only get something that has meaning to you. Start with something small.

Print the images you want on a short. Save yourself hundreds of dollars, a lot of pain, and prevent yourself from marring your body forever.

like a small butt plug and work your way up

my first one was on my forearm. didn't hurt much, only a couple spots where i could sorta feel it.

second one though went around the first, and that one hurt like a bitch. when that needles hits a nerve you fucking know it

This woman gets it.sage advice lady.i bet you got a giant butt plug too

Tattoo artist of 8 years checking in. As far as pain it all depends on who you go to. Some artists, like myself, are light-handed and can cause very little trauma to the skin ie very little pain. Some guys are heavy handed and chew you the fuck up. Location on the body pays a huge factor in pain level. The only uneasy spurs on either of my arms is in the ditch of the elbow,the elbow itself,and in the armpit. Just make sure you actually want what you're going to get and will enjoy it forever, also shop around for an artist with a good reputation and does whatever style of work you want. You don't want a guy that specializes in Japanese when you want a traditional American style sleeve. Also for sleeves, I recommend going to the same artist for the whole thing so the style is fluid. Also, tattoos don't have to have a specific meaning, you can get a tattoo if you just think it looks cool. It's all about YOUR perception of it. Good luck!

ITT:
>don't get a tattoo put all tattoo money in a high yield fund

Rest of this fucking site:
>haha neet checking in for a trap thread