First Contact

So it was established that, despite their adaptation to Starfleet phasers, the Borg are just as vulnerable to blunt and penetrating trauma as the rest of us.

So why didn't Worf order the replication of melee weapons in response to the threat? Imagine Enterprise Security teams advancing through the halls with pila and scuta. They'd have secured the ship in like 2 hours.

How does one wield this device effectively? Pls explain

Clubs, crossbows, a fucking flamethrower, I don't know. It would reduce fighting the Borg down to taking out zombies one by one.

Because the borg have projectile weapons?

The Cardassian phaser pistols were equally as awkward.

Couldn't they just replicate guns then?
Borgs can make shields that block energy at will, but what about a quick moving chunk of lead?
They could literally just replicate a 9mm for everyone on the ship and they'd be just fine.

I suppose they could've replicated ranged weapons as well.

> Computer, replicate 100 riot shotguns

But I kind of enjoy the visual of a Starfleet team walking unassumingly into a swarm of Borg, then all springing on them simultaneously with hatchets.

Held a shitty replica of this, my best guess is that they use the back of their thumb to guide their aim.
Honestly I think it's the shittiest "gun" design I have ever seen in sci-fi.

They had those wrist disruptors in only one episode of TNG. The Borg in FC never used any ranged weapon.

Yeah, how they went from the phasers in TOS to this design baffles me.

> Sir, all infantry lines are holding, and archers continue to inflict heavy losses. We expect to regain control of Deck 19 within the hour.

> Very good, Mr. Worf. Continue the assault at your discretion, and deliver reports of your progress every half hour.

> Aye, Sir.

The Cardassians were better than this.

They should've given everyone P90s.

To be fair to TNG, there were tiny little phasers that were used from time to time. If I remember they were mostly limited to civilians like the ones in Devil in the Dark in TOS. Also I think Kirk brought them with his away teams from time to time if he wasn't expecting serious conflict. They were like little home defense devices, as big as some car keys, so I thought it was kind of cool.
In TNG though and in DS9 you see these fucking remotes all the time. Like holy shit, it's goofy as fuck to see serious officers carry remotes around and pull them out when in danger.

Yeah, the Jem'Hadar were the only ones with cool looking weapons. Federation arms were always ugly.

I'd watch that.

Haha the CCW phasers. They definitely served a purpose, but TOS still had the main pistol grip phaser.

>So why didn't Worf order the replication of melee weapons in response to the threat?
They weren't trained in melee combat, and those Borg assimilation tube things are dangerous considering their mechanically enhanced strength. I think anyone except Klingons would suffer heavy losses using such a tactic, unless they were named characters and could just Kirk backslap the Borg into unconsciousness.

Computers in Star Trek are great, what if the phaser detected the closest target to wherever you're aiming and hits that?

Granted, though you'd think they would turn to it after all of their phasers became useless. Might as well go down swinging an axe instead of the stock of a phaser rifle.

i've never picked up a javelin before, but I think I'd be able to stick one or two before they took me down.

>disregarding ZERO GRAVITY

newton's first law you dumb motherfucker

equal and opposite reaction will fucking send the cunt in to space

Magnetic boots

mag boots...

>Might as well go down swinging an axe instead of the stock of a phaser rifle.
Very true

>i've never picked up a javelin before, but I think I'd be able to stick one or two before they took me down.
I suspect you lack the strength to do that. They're metal plated, Worf managed it but he's probably at least twice as strong as any human.

Mag boots.

And they have artificial gravity within the ship.

Computer, create six million samurai with swords folded ten thousand times.

Disengage the safety protocol.

Eh, maybe so. But a thrust right into the neck would do the trick.

>We take The Captain's Yacht, we rendezvous with The Enterprise, we go in, take care of O'Brien - "Hand over the Azn, Potatoboy" - then we grab Keiko, we go over to Ten Forward, hole up, have a cup of synthale and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

*unsheathes katana*

*beams behind Borg*

Heh... nothing personnel, drone...

> Sir, this is archer group Charlie, requesting arrow resupply!

You have spittle on your shirt

> Cheers

>It's a no society has decent music except humans and Klingons episode

Why was this so? Surely it wouldn't be too hard for a musician to pick an odd time signature or key to compose in instead of just making random noises on a synthesiser?