You think you can play jazz, white boy?

You think you can play jazz, white boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGYWxC0fwVo
youtube.com/watch?v=TlfUSLDiJ3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kek

Yes

Reminder that Miles Davis grew up very wealthy and priveleged.

Miles, what have I told you? Color doesn't matter. We're all equals. Anyone can enjoy the art of jazz.

I made your best album nigger

Fuck you Herbie. Always playing wrong chords and shit.

That's the old shit man! It was done already. It's in the past. Let's talk about my best album "Doo Bop"

My chords made your best songs, Miles.
Who's the one with a Masterclass?

Masterclass ain't mean shit.

I wrote Butterfly, bitch. Top that.

I ain't give a fuck what you wrote man. I changed the shift of music dozens of times.

Oh please, You stayed in a comfort zone for a decade. I experimented more than you could ever dream to.

I said this on Sup Forums and I'll say it again here: Jazz is god awful, we should have came to ragtime and then skipped straight to swing. Jazz is degenerate.

fag

I only stayed in that comfort zone because... uh... the damn labels man! White people and shit!

that's ironic since jazz most resembles hair metal and country music. You know what I mean.

You're just an angry white boy.

I did Funk before you did. And then I did electronic dance, and disco, and more genres than you could ever think of.

I invented Vaporwave. Don't blame the white people for your laziness.
youtube.com/watch?v=JGYWxC0fwVo

R&B and Funk and Disco were all derivatives of rock and roll, stay mad highschooler

That sounds like some sad shit, Herbie. Where is the feeling?

yeah but the funk Miles made was GOOD

Miles is also dead, so that might hinder his ability to appear

All of you guys need to chill out I'm obviously the best artist here.

What are you even talking about?

You like jazz music. Why?
It's the equivalent of saying your favorite album is Dark Side of the Moon.

Oh, it's not only Sup Forums that's responsible for the death of this board.

>rips off bill evans's tune
>has multiple white sidemen
>claims to hate white people
swing is a subgenre of jazz you fucking tool

Why didn't you clarify this piece of wisdom first?
>that's ironic since jazz most resembles hair metal and country music. You know what I mean.
And what does Dark Side of the Moon have to do with this?

The white girls have some good pussy.

Swing is basically progressive jazz.
Jazz turned music into performance art when it was a creative art at first. It became about faces and names rather than composers and technique. Everything after Jazz was an attempt to go back to the classical methods.
You are verysmarting right now.

My feelings are still there.
But you wouldn't know that since your only feelings are being mad at the white man.

Learn to love, Miles.

Is this a roleplay thread or a real jazz thread? I'm just starting to get into the genre after being put off it for 7 years because someone on Sup Forums years ago told me to listen to Bitches Brew. I listened to Kind of Blue and thought it was pretty good but what really stood out for me was the sax playing so I've been listening to a lot of Coltrane and really love Blue Train, Giant Steps, My Favorite Things, Impressions, and A Love Supreme.

Where do I go from here?

John Coltrane was a greedy man.

Listen to every Herbie Hancock album chronologically.
You will hopefully realize Mr.Hands and Fat Albert are his best works.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlfUSLDiJ3c

try jazz lib

>he doesn't get it

you should honestly just leave this board, it's a wonder you can even operate your computer as such an obvious brainlet

How can I love white people if they all ignorant?The only good white people are the guitar players and the women.

What makes jazz above it all?
Clearly your reaction towards scrutiny shows how much faith YOU have in it.

Bill Evans didn't play guitar.

Jazz ain't above anything. Jazz is it's own entity, man.

You guys don't know shit

What's all this talk about Bill Evans? He ain't shit. I took his songs and made them better.

>swing is basically progressive jazz
Not all swing is Stan Kenton, a lot of it is monophonic. Bebop derivative types of jazz tend to have more counterpoint, rhythmic variety, and harmonic variety considering the more complex chord and scale changes which were made by design to facilitate more complex solos.
>It became about faces and names rather than composers (faces and names) and technique
huh, wow
also: ever heard of liszt?

You literally had him on your most acclaimed album.

Without his playing you wouldn't have gotten half the buzz.

What does jazz represent? What is it's movement?
Classical music, for instance, is raw emotion.
Ragtime represents talent and excellence.
Rock and Roll is about energy and empowerment.
Metal is about shock value.
Country and folk music is about sharing and community.
EDM is about lust and sex.
Disco is about foreplay before sex.
Funk is about walking down the sidewalk.
Hip Hop is driving a lowrider through a crummy neighborhood thinking you own something.

>Jazz turned music into performance art when it was a creative art at first.
I don't think you're serious, but I'm indulging you, although with a sage. When did this happen exactly? And since jazz requires performance by humans, every jazz gig is a performance art at its core. Are you aware that there have been multiple subgenres of jazz after swing? Would you happen to know why? Must have been because of all those performance artists juggling their saxophones and cymbals.
>It became about faces and names rather than composers and technique. Everything after Jazz was an attempt to go back to the classical methods.
I've already answered the first part of this. I think I've heard enough of these - every genre of music besides classical is worthless. I suppose that's so.

Servus

Yeah, that's because all the white people bought them records because the critics, man.

By the way, nice dubs Herbie.

>Ragtime represents talent and excellence.
lmaoing at yr life rn
ragtime is literally 4/4 ostinato bass notes and chords alternating with literally anything for the melody
anyone with basic (and I mean EXTREMELY BASIC) knowledge of theory could have written ragtime ""classics"" like "The Entertainer"

>Why didn't you clarify this piece of wisdom first?
>that's ironic since jazz most resembles hair metal and country music. You know what I mean.
>And what does Dark Side of the Moon have to do with this?
And your answer was:
>You are verysmarting right now
Couldn't just admit you're shitposting?

>implying that every genre after jazz was derivative of jazz
WE
But seriously, do you think most people knew of good composers in the 1800's by listening in exclusive tea partys to the rich, or do you think church organists maybe studied their compositions more than their history?

Jazz is usually about improvisation and talent, and the almost spiritual transcendence that occurs when supremely skilled musicians get together in the same room to perform at the absolute peak of their abilities, and create complex, multifaceted arrangements.

also
>Metal is about shock value.
>Funk is about walking down the sidewalk.

you have a child's understanding of music.

Well aren't we all shitposting? Of course I am shitposting. I don't take your degenerate music or your beliefs seriously. This isn't music. It doesn't belong here.

Those were only in example. I never claimed to profess in funk and metal.

Yeah, you don't profess in jazz either. So stop talking about it like you know shit.

I don't profess in cleaning toilets either, that doesn't mean I can't recognize how disgusting it is. Your asymptote on the face of music will have its day.

Even when you're successful you're blaming the white people..
That's depressing, Miles.

>Sup Forumstard
>having any right to opinion

Sup Forums isn't a containment board, Sup Forums is.

SUP NIGGS?

Every board is a containment board

My arguments still stand, then.

niqqa