Is this the greatest album of all time?

Is this the greatest album of all time?

Yes. South Park said so.

Yeah sure why not.

>*Blocks your path*

Yes. Robert Smith became a fat ghoul just so this album could come into existence.

Varg likes this album.

LOL
no

A 30 song Best of The Cure playlist is literally better than any other bands 30 song best of, including The Beatles

Yes

I just read the backstory of this album, and I love it even more now. The lyrics make so much more sense. Robert Smith wrote this album after becoming severely depressed on his 30th birthday. He felt that he was becoming an old man because all of his favorite artists had released their best works before the age of 30.
>I'm running out of time
>Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I'm young again

If "Omg he's sad and British and it's from the 80s, I identify with this despite being born in middle class America in the mid-late 90s *SHUT UP MOM I DONT CARE THAT YOURE GOING TO STARBUCKS IM SAD AF RN AND LISTENING TO THE CURE JUST GET ME A PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE GOD NOW LEAVE ME THE FRICK ALONE*": The Album is GOAT to you then... I don’t know what to say.

lmao its good but not even the best CT album

the best songs on the album are fucking love songs

it's not just a meme sad album

Expand on this.

yes, OP, it is.

When I'm driving and a Cure song comes on the radio I get the chills, like in a good way, and it doesn't really happen for any other bands and it's weird because I don't usually consider The Cure to be one of my favorite bands, but maybe my body is telling me that it is.

I'd be shocked if someone could make it through the title track and not think it's the greatest album ever made.

It's my #1 all time
And this is my #2 all time

Good thread.

The cool thing is that The Cure always pops up on restaurant and grocery store playlists that are otherwise completely filled with the blandest, most forgettable music

But it's always their shittiest songs like Friday I'm In Love.

Don't talk shit about Friday I'm In Love. Its one of my favorite pop songs of all time.

Fascination Street!

Settle down Sparky. Not every Cure song has to be a classic. It was a shitty song on the day it was released and it's a shitty song now. The rest of Wish is a masterpiece though.

Listening to it on vinyl right now. Its a gloomy night.

HoLV has plenty of good tunes and is very consistent, but it doesn't have the songwriting prowess of Treasure, nor the stylistic variety of Head Over Heels. It's also babby's first dream-pop album.

It's a great song. It does exactly what a pop song should do. Its fun and catchy, without being lifeless.

if you think Friday I'm in Love is a shitty pop song, there's a good chance that you're complete contrarian who hates all fun

HoLV has nothing as wretched as Glass Candle Grenade or Multifoiled, thanks for playing. Also something being entry level doesn't make it bad which is what you're implying.

Sorry but you're missing out on a lot of the complexity and insane production value on HoLV if you're calling it inferior to either of those albums. "Poppy" sounding songs don't mean lesser songs. Give it a re-listen and note how almost every song is crazily multi-layered and builds to a last-30 second crescendo that is an eargasm. The last 30 seconds of Wolf In The Breast is one of the most beautiful things ever recorded.

No, it means it's a shitty song. That's all.

I have quite literally never Heaven or Las Vegas get posted here without someone pretending Treasure or Blue Bell Knoll is better, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

Not even close

I know, it's the group-think that runs the music world. Everyone heard from some "authority" that Treasure is the "best" CT album so now everyone repeats it like it's the gospel. Frankly Garlands is far better than Treasure, and I'd say Victorialand too.

>it's the group-think that runs the music world. Everyone heard from some "authority" that Treasure is the "best" CT album so now everyone repeats it like it's the gospel

please tell me you see the irony of this post

>it's the group that runs the world
is it the group with the big noses, user?

Please tell me you see the lack of reading comprehension in YOUR post.

But he's right.

In my experience these people also totally gloss over their EPs as well, which is just stupid on top of being rockist. So many of the best CT songs never made it to the albums.

Just finished relistening Wolf in The Breast and i dont know man, its a pretty song,b ut nothing particularly special. Yes, it's multi-layered but that doesnt change the fact that the main melody is a simple pop tune. Also, the last 30 second just made me wish I was listening to Musette and Drums instead, which is for me one of the most beautiful things ever recorded.

>which is just stupid on top of being "rockist

Has an"yone with an IQ over 10 ever used this word?

kek

>pretending
>"HoLV is OBJECTIVELY their best album and you MUST be pretending to say otherwise"

I'm using it the right way.