Physicist Stephen Hawking bewildered by Trump

For Stephen Hawking, the world-renowned expert in theoretical physics and cosmology, the success of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign is a mystery.

Hawking called Trump "a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,” during an appearance on the United Kingdom’s ITV network.

In addition to his scientific work, Hawking, who has a slow-progressing form of ALS, is a vocal advocate for individuals with disabilities. Trump drew criticism late last year on the campaign trail when he appeared to mock a New York Times reporter with a disability at a rally in South Carolina. Trump later denied mocking the reporter and said he had never met him.

During the same television appearance, Hawking urged British voters to vote in favor of keeping the U.K. in the European Union. The much-discussed “Brexit” vote is scheduled for June 23 and a vote to leave the EU would cost Great Britain in terms of its economy, national security and scientific research.

"Gone are the days we could stand on our own against the world,” he said. “We need to be part of a larger group of nations, both for our security and our trade."

politico.com/story/2016/05/stephen-hawking-trump-223707#ixzz4AAyWqaLy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gmFBzuLJ6ac
youtu.be/XrGRP2mu0GA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since when is Stephen Hawking a source of political insight? The dude is a brilliant physicist, it doesn't mean he knows anything about politics.

>autistic paralyzed physicist doesn't understand why kids like apple jacks when they don't taste like apples
Pretty silly appeal to authority desu.

>caring about what a scientist has to say on anything other than science

Almost just as bad as taking a celebrity's political stance seriously.

This. It reminds me of musicians that go on political tirades when they spend 95% of their working time completely divorced from the happenings of the world. Stephen Hawking stands to gain no political insight from crunching numbers on theoretical physics and I'm not too bothered by what he thinks of the nominees.

Musicians and celebrities are not stephen fucking hawking.

> a demagogue who seems to appeal to the science

>spend whole life dedicated to understanding 1 subject
>this makes him an authority on a completely unrelated subject

I wish there was a term for this because it is so common among "intellectuals".

this

stephen fucking hawking is not a political analyst either, his opinion is worth no more than the opinion of the average pleb on the street

ah, yes.. There's that anti-intellectualism/anti-science that I expect from the retards on Sup Forums

I suppose you believe every corporate-funded study that confirms your own beliefs, though, huh? It's just the evil government bribing people to tow the line I suppose.

Dear Sup Forums,

We need to have a serious talk. The joke that is Donald J. Trump is no longer funny. In the recent months we have seen the unprecedented rise of one of the most controversial presidential candidates in American history. At first it all seemed like a fun joke that would eventually fizzle out, regrettably, it has become abundantly clear that Trump is here to stay. America is on the precipice of electing one of the most dangerous political figures in the country’s history.

Why is Donald J. Trump so dangerous? Apart from his snazzy one-liners insulting veterans and women alike, he is trying to declare war on the American way of life. If Trump gets his way he will ban an entire religion from entering the United States and deport more than 11 million undocumented workers, some of which have families here. This goes against everything America stands for. This country was founded on the principles of freedom of religion, equal opportunity for all, and freedom of speech, all of which would vanish before our eyes under a Trump presidency.

Why is Donald J. Trump so popular? Trump panders to the lowest common denominator. He is a fear monger who promotes xenophobia, racism, and sexism. While he is not the first political candidate to prey of the fears of potential voters, he is assuredly the most successful. It is understandable that people would want to rally behind someone who claims he will protect them, but Trump’s strength is nothing but a façade. This man has spent his entire career preying on the poor and fighting against the “little guy” with frivolous lawsuits and mob style intimidation. Make no mistake about it, Trump is not the champion of the common folk, he is their worst enemy.

There has never been a more eminent threat to the American way of life than Donald J. Trump. Only you, the people, can stop him.

Sincerely,
Concerned American Citizen

Not an argument.

as opposed to the globalist funded studies that conform to yours? if you think any branch of science is free of bias and agendas then you're a naive halfwit.

wrong picture, but that's also a good one

>globalist funded
Nice try, but no.

Believe it or not, your attempts to introduce ambiguity to science are not going to work. People like you would rather have us believe that all science is questionable so that we would believe any bullshit you want to present us with. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

Dear Concerned American Citizen
Only thing mr Trump wants to do is enforce law you already have, and protect interests of your nation lawful citizens instead of protecting interests of dangerous globalist cabal.
If you are hard working american citizen you have nothing to fear.
MAGA

>mfw i saw the picture

stephen hawking is just as qualified to talk about politics as a musician or celebrity

Yes, we're supposed to trust Stephen "Squid Legs" Hawking because he can't wipe his own ass.

Just fuck off already.

I think he is mostly qualified to talk about wheelchairs

> If Trump gets his way he will ban an entire religion from entering the United States

You went from an 8/10 to a 3.
A good troll pulls its punches until he can knock you out pal.

Consider the following

hawkings level of degeneration had reached a point where about 3 years ago he could no longer operate that little touch pad

his assistant has pre programmed responses activated via remote control and every one who has done a interview with him in the past 2 years has known it

he was seen as a symbol so they wanted to keep him around

Have you ever had an original thought in your life?

The only thing I can think of is Randy marshall saying he understand something because he is a geologist.

Meme magic is needed.

> intellectualism
> science
youtube.com/watch?v=gmFBzuLJ6ac

Low iq and the right go hand in hand. That doesnt mean we are wrong though. Would you rather live in a society that caters to your needs or a high iq society that you cannot relate to?

We are the working men that live within the societies, we are not the high flying champaign sipping men who interact and live within sheltered communities. We have to vote for our own interests so we can have a good quality of life.

>uhhh my unfounded bullshit is better than yours because uhhhh stephen hawking dude lmao

>Musicians and celebrities are not stephen fucking hawking.

No. They actually have a better understanding of what normies experience than he does. And their understanding is pure shit.

>unfounded bullshit
Science is not "unfounded bullshit", you drooling retard.

He's a physicist. Not a political expert.

> Science is not "unfounded bullshit"
Yes, it`s generously funded plausible bullshit.

Stephen Hawking's personal opinion on Donald Trump is not science you drooling retard.

In fact it is.

can you explain what cosmological theory stephen hawking came up with to justify the necessity of foreign bureaucrats making blanket decisions regarding sovereign nations?

>Low iq and the right go hand in hand
>Political Memes: The Post

I realize your point was against libtards, but I hate this fucking libtard meme. Only a mid wit would stand around repeating "hurr durr liberals have higher IQs implying liberal ideas are right or better." It's a shitty variation of the appeal to common belief fallacy.

>"appealing to the lowest common denominator"
>not the democrats

That cyborg sock puppet gone full retard

>Hawking called Trump "a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,”
But just going around promising people free shit... that's totally not appealing to the LCD

And if we want to go forward with this, then let's go by IQ. Blacks have the lowest average IQ at 85. Blacks vote overwhelmingly for democrats/liberals at 95-5 split or greater. So clearly they're the lowest common denominator, and the democratic party is the one appealing to them.

>"I don't know what SCIENCE! is."
>The Post

I expect this shit from a leaf or an aussie. But a ruskie? You fuckers were the first to LEO and this is how far you have fallen?

>“We need to be part of a larger group of nations, both for our security and our trade."

Cowards. We can survive on our own. These fucking pussies are too happy to give the country away.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

R E K T
E
K
T
when will russia be our greatest ally?

Wew Lad.
How can a person with such high intelligence be
so stupid.
Faggot who work in Academia, not even once.

>donald trump
can walk
can talk

>stephen hawking
cant walk
cant talk

SCIENCEVEG BTFO

Engineering of Rockets and Philosophy of Cosmism have nothing to do with science. Science is a progressivist hoax and you fell for it due to illuminati indoctrination in school.
You dont want my guidece - i`m ok with it. But do not insult me with your materialistic bullshit.

It's hilarious. I've never agreed with the democrats policies, but at least back in the day, they were a party for the common working man.

Now they're just the diversity/degeneracy coalition. A mishmash of different fringe groups like blacks, illegals, beaners, fags, feminists, trannies, etc that all are diametrically opposed to one another and don't agree on any issues except that they hate straight white males.

That's literally all the democratic party has become. Hatred for straight white males.

You know something is fucked up when unions and bankers are supporting the same candidate.

Indeed my friend.
youtu.be/XrGRP2mu0GA

>Hatred for straight white males.
F A B I A N S
A
B
I
A
N
S

>Gone are the days we could stand on our own against the world
jesus, what a fucking faggot

and he hates trump too?!

into the trash it goes

Dopey Stephen Hawking is a cripple loser whose voice sounds like that of a Windows 95 computer. SAD!

Do they still make those commercials?

HOLUP... so u be sayin'...

>the scientific method is a progressivist hoax

Uh...no.