There's nothing to get; it's shit.

There's nothing to get; it's great.

It's Adam Sandler.

This

regardless of your opinion, how do you not *get* it? its pretty easy to access

what he means is he doesn't understand the appeal

It's a fun album.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not [Domino, 2006]
The great thing about this album is how untranscendent it is, as if these lads know the guitar-band pleasures are cons. Sing-along tunes? Breakneck momentum? Next-big-thing ambition? Saturday-night swindles every one. Instead Alex Turner and crew evoke club life as it is actually experienced. They sound like not knowing the doorman, like moving on a girl you think isn't pretty enough, like missing the bus in a leather jacket that doesn't keep out the cold. Many details are too U.K.-specific for Yank-yob gratification. But aesthetes will come to enjoy Turner's nuanced adenoids and his bandmates' thought-through arrangements. A-

If you play guitar it's even better, fun to play n everything

>Sup Forums likes the fucking ARCTIC MONKEYS

the last track is all you need to hear from this album

I like the Strokes too.

This is whats' shit about Sup Forums, Arctic Monkeys is like the simple as fuck shape shows babies watch. Its not meant to be """""good""""" its supposed to be mindless entertainment for the masses. Stop expecting masterpieces from AM and just enjoy the retarded catchiness.

Humbug is better

My condolences

You mean the second track

>dismisses their early work because AM is the go to hipster girl album
>is a complete fucking pleb beyond saving

>listens to the Strokes
>calls me a pleb

>waaa waaaa
>i listen to music MUCH superior to yours
>ever heard of NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL?

product of its time. first purely internet meme band. the free internet version sounded better than the studio album.

doesn't really hold up now though.

This is whats' shit about user, Sup Forums is like the simple as fuck popup books babies read. Its not meant to be """""good""""" its supposed to be mindless entertainment for losers. Stop expecting deep discussion from Sup Forums and just enjoy the autistic comments.

>first purely internet meme band
>doesn't really hold up now though.

what did he mean by this

They suck at being the beatles, that's about it.

>They suck at being the beatles, that's about it.

shitty overrated pop-rock garbage

well, I'll explain. they were the first band to produce meme-tier hype while still unsigned and without a physical release because of their word-of-mouth internet presence.

and it doesn't hold up now because the lad culture which they sought to rebel against with their lyrics (probably because some tough lads beat them up) was already nearing its end when the album came out.

at the time I loved it, but now all I can remember is the dancefloor one and the one about ringtones. it has aged really badly.

that's what I meant by that.

You either haven't listened to The Beatles or The Arctic Monkeys. Which one is it?

>meme-tier hype
just by saying shit like that you can't be taken serious, mate
Arctic Monkeys have aged very well and have become one of the biggest rock bands recently. I'm looking forward to their new album next year - 5 years later AM.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Arctic Monkeys. The writing is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of music most of the lines will go over a typical listener's head. There's also Alex's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his writing - his personal philosophy draws heavily from John Cooper Clark poems, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these songs, to realize that they're not just good- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arctic Monkeys truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the genius in Alex's existencial catchphrase "My Propeller won't spin," which itself is a cryptic reference to his penis, I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Alex Turner's genius unfolds itself on their IPod screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Arctic Monkeys tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

they literally set the meme formula for how new acts have been marketed since 2005. I know you were probably 6 years old then, but back then when you heard about a band on the internet it was because of real fans, not because of record company shills pretending to be real fans.

they are a decent band and some of their later albums are still decent. that debut is the very definition of a meme album though.

>Sup Forums is one person and has only one (1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) opinion

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE