The river

this is his masterpiece

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=21dUOfeoNBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer Salad Days.

I'm more partial to Tropical Dandy.

DotEoT > TWTI&TESS > BtR > Nebraska > The River > BitUSA > The Rising > WSO:TSS > GFAB....

>Pic related

Fake news. Wild and Innocent is

Also half the albums ballads half are rock songs or rock oriented songs. Seriously revisit it. While it has some of his best songs, to many bland rock songs filling padding the album

>greatest album streak of all time
probably yeah

If argue Zappas streak from
>Freak Out to Hot Rats (6 albums 3 years)
>Over-Nite Sensation to One Size fits all (4 albums 3 years)
>Zappa in New York to You Are What You is (9 albums 5 years)

Or Bowies run from Space Oddity to Scary Monsters
>69-80

this album is like 70% filler

Pin Ups and Lodger ruin the Bow streak. Debate ably Diamond Dogs too.

Lodger is amazing and so is Diamond Dogs.

That other album doesn't exist in my opinion it shall not be acknowledged and is hardly an album.

Plus Bruce's run ended at Born to Run and never oicked up again because he never had more than two good albums in a row after that

>Plus Bruce's run ended at Born to Run and never oicked up again because he never had more than two good albums in a row after that
nope

>Darkness is kinda bland
>The River has great tunes but mostly filler, would be far better as a single disc
>Nebraska musically is trash. Maybe it has good stories, but if your naking music and the musics generic and bland you lose more points than trash lyeics. Also I don't care if theyre demos still kinda bores me
>Tunnel is trash, Bruce lost his ability to write love songs to his highest claiber after Suvi left
Everything after is either trash or generic or boring to sit through

>>Darkness is kinda bland
not in my opinion
>>Nebraska musically is trash
that is just not true

>(you)

>Darkness is kinda bland
what do you find bland about it
>The River has great tunes but mostly filler, would be far better as a single disc
yeah fair enough
>Nebraska musically is trash.
what?

>Nebraska musically is trash. Maybe it has good stories, but if your naking music and the musics generic and bland you lose more points than trash lyeics. Also I don't care if theyre demos still kinda bores me

>Tunnel is trash, Bruce lost his ability to write love songs to his highest claiber after Suvi left
Check out Tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=21dUOfeoNBI

I read somewhere he wanted the songs be be like sparse and just as epic as Born to Run. But in no way does any song cone close to the epicness of BtR. There are songs I like but its still just like, nothing sticks out in the way Wild and the innocent does. I dont hate it though

Also you relaize his job is a musician. Lyrics are secondary in music. Only a retard just listens for words. Why not put on an audio book or read poetry. Bruce's music went down hill and got more generic post 1975. You realize its an album if demos too thats like saying the unfinished songs sound better than conoleted ideas

Also I'm sorry to say I e heard this twice, the album. Because the first time I literally fell asleep I was so bored. I went back and it wasn't as boring second time, but is just so bland and borderline trash.

music that has an emotional impact on you is not trash in my book. also to say lyrics are the only good thing about nebraska just isn't true. it's full of great, and often haunting melodies.
i suggest you listen to it again a couple times again, giving it as much attention as possible. it all makes sense, it's very emotional

His albums also began to feel homogenized and worst of all lost that element of fun. Outside of tracks, he kinda list that scrappy young blue collar boy from Asbury Park and became someone writing about somewhat similar topics, but with a disconnect. It has nothijg to do with age either, it has to do with being rich and losing touch with regular people. It just happens.

Yeah individually they are fine, but front to back they begin to blend together