Ireland elects first gay leader, son of immigrant

Ireland elects its first gay leader, who is also half Indian with an Indian surname

irishtimes.com/news/politics/fg-leadership-leo-varadkar-elected-fine-gael-leader-1.3105535

are we the first colony India has in Europe on its road to being a super power?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._R._Nathan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Singapore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Delet.
This.

>GAYland

lmbo cannot fabricate

on the right, is our prime minister

How tolerant.

He got the position becomes the previous leader leader vacated, and he's probably not going to serve a full term.

The leader of the conservative party here is gay and married to a black immigrant from Dominican Republic

>The leader of the conservative party here is gay and married to a black immigrant from Dominican Republic
Jesus, you can't make this shit up.

What is it with gays and centre-right political parties? The leader of the Scottish Tories is also a lesbian

I hope God smites the entirety of the Republic. You do not deserve your freedom.

>The absolute state of euro peons

Impressive

t. nigger president
t. reality star president

bamp for shame

I didn't vote for him
inb4 sudden softening of indian immigration requirements (not that they could get much softer)

#notmytaoiseach

Meh

Besides the eyes, he doesn't look TOO out of place, at least in the "threatening foreigner" kind of way.

Note that this is all based on looks, not sure what party he's with as I haven't been paying attention to Irish politics since Enda Kenny stepped down as taoiseach. When are the next elections?

>When are the next elections?
Whenever Fianna Fáil get bored, or else 2021

Is there no chance of an FF/FG coalition anymore? One thing I was so jealous of when I did a semester in Dublin was learning about how much freedom you have in choice of parties. There are even small independent representatives (like the guy with the beard and long hair) who can get elected for a very specific issue, aren't there?

>mfw he is mixed race but still ended up looking Irish

First his father fucked an Irish chick. Now he's going to fuck all of Ireland.

>mfw white people still alpha

You're always welcome to come back lads. I swear we won't fuck with you this time.

POO IN THE LOO NOT POO IN THE PRO EU!

>faggotic hinduism
*click*
>ON

kek

reminder
eire's president is literally leprachaun

please tell me this isn't actually real

>Is there no chance of an FF/FG coalition anymore?
There won't be, not for several more years. The next Govt. is probably going to be an FF-minority.

I can't see FF/FG going into coalition with each other, their staunchest supporters still despise each other and it effectively guarantees that one of them is going to end up effectively outcast.

It hands the reins to SF as leaders of the Opposition

His bf is cute.

Was the show "Hands" broadcasted in public television in Ireland? I found it on yt and it's super interesting. I highly recommend it.

This reminds me, are Portugal and Ireland the only non-USA first world countries to elect an ethnic or racial minority as head of state?

>Portuguese Prime Minister
>Head of State
Quality American education

Is gay marriage even legal in ireland?

Oh wow, it gets better

>white people elected to be the heads of South American countries
"Hmmm yes this is totally fair and righteous"

>some half-white lad gets elected as the head of state
"REEEEEEEEEE this is oppression how the fuck could this happen RACE WAR when?"

really gets my neurons firing

Based Ireland

> son of immigrant
what did he mean by that?
there are no immigrants in ireland
there are irish immigrants in the us

>Ireland elects first gay leader, son of immigrant
Isn't he pretty right-wing?

umm, so what?
he's fully legal (in terms of citizenship), plus the war against gay liberalization was lost when Yes won the referendum on homosexually unholy matrimony.

Those south american presidents aren't trying to flood their countries even further....

Neither is he I think

seeMy classmates and I were shown it in late primary school, pro'ly broadcast on R.T.É. way back when.

Yeah, but that's not really very right-wing by international standards, unfortunately.

>Gay boi with Dominican sex slave president

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chin up, Irebros, it could be worse

You could've been ruled by a jew

Singapore did too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._R._Nathan

Is this the Indian millennium?

Maybe just for Tamils

Super power by 2030

>Singapore president
>Head of state

He's a ceremonial president at best, the Prime Minister is the leader.

The position is still listed as head of state though
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Singapore

Prime minster is stated as the head of government

>the prime minister is the head of the government while the president is largely ceremonial, broadly analogous to the Sovereign of the United Kingdom.

>Street Shitting
>Migrant
>Gay

I really have no face. You guys are completely fucked

It's Ireland so they won't get a tenth the bullying another country here would for the same thing

>Gay
>immigrant
>Irish
Can it go worse than that?

Nah, they're gunna get wrecked hard