ITT: Overrated bands

ITT: Overrated bands

are sooo fucking overrated man

Everything after this album is garbage.

you don't know these fuckers but they're overrated as fuck in mexico

I really don't like the Foo Fighters but I like the members other projects like Nirvana and the Germs

lynyrd skynyrd

nickelback does suck

U2

Roast me but this is my list
21 pilots
The lumineers
Nirvana
Imagine dragons

the most overrated band in human history

>U2
That's one of the biggest on my list, along with any grunge whatsoever.

I can take that you don’t like Nirvana, but please don’t lump them in with the other shit bands pls

Agreed, literally just the 80's boyband.

Could name a few, but fewer things irrationally piss me off than The Doors.

Shame on you

Daft punk green day oasis u2 basically low key also queen, slipnot tool (sry) also those new guys are really overated-king lizzard and the blizzard something i heard them once like a year and idk guys its not cool

Theyre 60~ and on

The Beatles hands down. They had a couple of okay songs but then your hear a song like Hey Jude and you're reminded they were primarily mediocre musicians and songwriters.

Linkin Park
Blink 182
Disturbed

Not sure why I posted that as a reply to you. My bad.

The Beach Boys were so much better than the Beatles tbh fam.

100% agree

wallmart, emma watson, honda civic

That shit is good tho

Pearl Jam

Your taste in music is disturbingly bad

Agreed. The Beatles are ok, but they're not the second coming.

Also overrated: rap as a genre.

Lumineers first album was great tho.

This.
>Nirvana
This, they're as overrated as the Beatles and have twice the cancerous fantards. (Mainly because boomer fags are on the decline.)
>green day
Everything after Insomniac was shit.
>Linkin Park
Hybrid Theory was good, but pretty much everything afterward was garbage.
>Blink 182
Agreed, overrated af.
Sheeeeeeiiiiit. I haven't even heard anyone mention Pearl Jam in along time, granted they were overhyped af back in the day.

They're the Star Wars of music.

sublime

Any rap 'artist'.

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Led Zeppelin
Rush
Yes
Mastadon
Ghost BC
Slipknot
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
Primus
Gojira
Meshuggah
Alice In Chains
Black Sabbath
Pink Floyd
Aerosmith
Def Leppard
Guns n Roses

Man this could go on all night

Tool

I just don't get this band, all I hear is a somewhat catchy riff on repeat for the entire song

I play bass and Geddy Lee has some fun lines but god their songs are garbage.

these faggots

Good answer. I agree.

Yeah, i dont get the appeal at all, everything Ive heard of them is mediocre. Its a band you can sit through, but definitely not buy any of their albums

U went far u cant enjoy black sabbath?

yes

1000 times yes, every song has the same fucking drum beat, it's crap

Looks like someone doesn't like big balls.

His bass playing is pretty basic, and ffs his voice... Theyre a 'babbys first prog' band

What do u listen to

I actually agree with this whole list, arguably with the exception of Pink Floyd. They're objectively really good, but they are still a little overrated.

For metal lovers burzun

HEY!
(CLAP)
HO!
(CLAP)

Look I wrote a lumineers song.

No, i dont enjoy their music, or their uneducated fans. Their retard fans, usually teens, all claim that they "invented metal", when they didnt. They werent a metal band, they were a blues influence rock band

probably nigger music

I listen to a wide range of music, spanning just about every genre

>slipknot
>five finger death punch (my buddy's always trying to get me into them, but I prrsonally don't like them)
>sublime (I like sublime, but most of there fans are stoner posers)
>nirvana (I like nirvana, but most of there fans just wear a shirt with their logo on it and call themselves a fan)

rolling stones
joy divison
the smiths
gnr

They're basically a shitty cult.

What in rock then?

(You)

Absolutely, but also because of the quality of other bands at the time

I agree, it's boring

Give a few favorite bands. I'm not that other fag but I'm curious because we may share some tastes, bases on what you don't like.

The rolling stones

Primus maybe overrated but those fucking bass lines keep me coming back

>nirvana (I like nirvana, but most of there fans just wear a shirt with their logo on it and call themselves a fan)
so the band is overrated because idiots wear shirts of them to be cool? this kind of argument never made sense to me. the music doesnt change if some type of people like the band or not

Frank zappa

You're right, they aren't the second coming. They were first. I can tell most of you are really young, and haven't quite managed to take context into logical thinking.

The Beatles were great because of the revolution they started in music. Album driven music, image, creativity, etc.

Try this (really, try this)...play "I wanna hold your hand", an early obviously 50s be-bop type of song, then follow it up with "I want you (She's so heavy)". That transformation happened in just a few years and was completely self driven. Remember, they were done as a band within 7 years or so (from first to last LP).

>joy divison
>the smiths
Fuck you man. I'm seriously a bit triggered by this post.

schism is the only song you need to know of the band, everything else sounds like that.

Dumb?

This. It's like the faggots who say that Dark Souls sucks because of its fanbase.

Lol faget
Did they hurt ur lil feels

boring bands, only hipster like them.

I like Foo Fighters :(

Fiver finger death punch -everything after 'war is the answer' album is poor.

They are though

Literally generic af

I'm not same user. Green text, you're doing it wrong.

thanks, also a lot of people get annoyed by rick and morty fans (picklerick), which can i understand if you hear it everywhere and begin to hate the show, but it doesnt get worse because of that

based

Listen to their very first song on their very first album. Helpfully named "Black Sabbath."

It is the blue print for metal.

So many bands, likely including some that you like, owe a bit of their sound to Joy Division and New Order. And Morrissey's voice is fantastic. Name three bands you like just to give me an idea of wtf you're talking about.

Just because you're the first doesn't mean you're very good. Besides the Beach Boys did everything better, but good luck getting Beatles fanboys to admit it.

>when a bunch of manlets make a rock band
Just goes to show you that taller people make better music.

>Led Zeppelin
>Soundgarden
>Pink Floyd

Its okay to admit youre gay friend.

This

I'd say Black Sabbath was more revolutionary than these cunts.

Biggest cucks in music

This nigga just went through my playlist and picked out all the bands

I don't know who that is, but it sure looks really good to me. Really original really.
>vevo

without led zep or black sabbath, there wouldnt be metal like we know today, doesnt mean i must like the pioneers of a genre.

Lol

Die Antwoord

This is what someone whose generation reached its musical apex with Nickelback will say.

Yeah

The Ramones

When I was a kid I thought they were like a weird al joke band

Like I said, I like a wide range

Billy Cobham
Autopsy
Marty Robbins
Herb Alpert
Happy The Man
Crucis
Benediction
Entombed
Steve Hackett
Spooky Tooth
Centinex
Arcturus
Falkenbach
Apophis
Aeroblus
Waylon Jennings
Merle Haggard

Etc etc sorry for the delay, trying to cook

Aphex twin

black flag
melvins
rammstein

No way. Listen to music before and after the Beatles.

>Falkenbach
O so u must hate deafheaven too?

Rage against the machine, might be because killing in the name of is played to its absolute death.

Nothing comes close to being as overrated as this shitlord. He is the embodiment of laughably exaggerated claims of genius.

expect iggy pop every big punk band was a joke
sex pistols were founded to advertise a punk clothes shop
the clash were little pussies after becoming famous