/daily/ - I fucking love McDonalds™ Edition

For me, it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

On the last episode of /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~poseurcore
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/country_teasers/satan_is_real_again_or_feeling_good_about_bad_thoughts/
youtube.com/watch?v=svEDkZPMKVQ
editionsmego.bandcamp.com/album/s-t-2
rateyourmusic.com/list/Accelerando_/underrated-and-lesser-known-electronic-labels/
rateyourmusic.com/list/hibakushyo/flicks-to-watch/
rateyourmusic.com/film/les_enfants_du_paradis/
rateyourmusic.com/film/paris__texas/
rateyourmusic.com/film/le_scaphandre_et_le_papillon/
rateyourmusic.com/film/le_trou/
rateyourmusic.com/film/coeur_fidele/
rateyourmusic.com/film/l_armee_des_ombres/
rateyourmusic.com/film/napoleon_vu_par_abel_gance/
letterboxd.com/film/when-the-cat-comes/
youtube.com/embed/gitmb5c_WaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anime Girl Eating A Baguette

livestock eating a baguette

rateyourmusic.com/~poseurcore
Who did this?

Your mom

>rateyourmusic.com/~poseurcore
who cares?

Idk.

Is this poseurcore?

Anime Girl is not livestock.
Génial

I finished Mompou I guess it was nice for the most part but idk about rating it as a whole. Not many highlights since last time but I trust Cave and Holland at least.

Idk.

REALLY good post

Does trip up still post?

Unfortunately, yes.

idk, do you?

You live in newton right?

I had lamb in my schedule for Oct 7th and Woolite for 14th. Since lamb's been posting on listenalongs recently and gave us an album for this week on discord whereas Woolite hasn't showed up yet and since Kanzler's MIA:
-LISTENALONG-
Country Teasers - Satan Is Real Again or Feeling Good About Bad Thoughts
>Cowpunk, Garage Rock
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/country_teasers/satan_is_real_again_or_feeling_good_about_bad_thoughts/
youtube.com/watch?v=svEDkZPMKVQ

Woolite next week.

This is what I had for October plus what was on Kanzler's sheet though it may be outdated so tell me if it is.
Also if you're one of the people that have been posting on these and still not on the list these are the last times to get in.

McChicken is way too spicy for me (i admit it, i'm a gringo). i prefer the McDouble or just some classic Chicken McNuggets. Also, checked.

what the fondue

filthy doxxer :0

>McChicken is way too spicy for me

have fun

Why would I?

Five Gates on this thing is better than the entirety of the new GY!BE LP.

Also yes, I really fucking love McDonalds.

i got five shooters pointed at you right now, to ensure your enjoyment

is that an album or a bane meme im not sure

four u

what's some more circle core?

It's an album but the band is comprised of memes
editionsmego.bandcamp.com/album/s-t-2

Yeezus

dave holland quartet - conference of the birds
current 93 - how i devoured apocalypse balloon
keith jarrett trio - changeless
>but the band is comprised of memes
ah yes my favorite

That one Eric Taxxon album
All of the Hijokaidan collaborations
Гpyппa кpoви
Canaxis 5
Songs in the Key of Life
Metal Box
Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Dr. John - In the Right Place

>increasing my backlog exponentially with this list
>wishlist will never be empty

rateyourmusic.com/list/Accelerando_/underrated-and-lesser-known-electronic-labels/

hmu if any of you know more labels, I found a lot of avant-meme stuff but not enough genres like house and idm

my rym is ~roezlf if u wanna link to in the list btw
i need those sweet clicks

>his favorite band isn't the fall

>>>/bleep/

yo this is really great. The drumming is top-tier

i think the point is albums that have circles on covers

I saw how empty your profile was and it's general lack of dailyers in Friends so I thought you didn't want to be bothered

They're one of the few classic post-punk bands that I really do not like

Delta Shock and Sentimental Productions from Ukraine for more avant-memes

i sorta do, i try to keep it low key
lotsa weirdos round those parts (not ya'll)

does this count?

No.

D

E

if u liked the lyrics but dont feel like listening to any more of the band, i recommend at least reading the lyrics for their "not pastoral" and "empire strikes back" albums. ben wallers has some really great stuff.

S

U

Someone fucked it up. Let's try again.

D

no

sorry

D

whom is swans?

E

D

Ded - Musical Abortions

Why did you post this?

D

E

V

A

wow wat a cunt mait

I'm dying of AIDS and this is the only thing that cheers me up

>McChicken is way too spicy for me

Fuck Neil Young is so good.

Also I never ever heard a single thing by The Fall.

i was gonna link a fall song to you but they have so many i love too kuch that i cant pick one to be the first thing someone hears by them
u should check them out sometime
probably their album this nation's saving grace

D
E
V
O

checkmate

I'll get to them at a certain point. Mark E. Smith looks like a great fellow.

The fact that so many books refer to Szechuan sauce as “the greatest or most influential” sauce ever only tells you how far sauces still are from becoming a respected ingredient. Spice critics have long recognized the greatest spices of all time are coriander and nutmeg, who were not the most famous or the best sellers of their time, let alone of all times. Dressing critics rank the highly controversial 1000 island dressing over classic dressings that were highly popular in eateries around Europe. Sauce critics are still blinded by commercial success. Szechuan sauce sold more than anyone (not true, by the way), therefore it must have been the greatest. Spice critics grow up tasting a lot of spices of the earth, dressing critics grow up tasting a lot of spices of the earth. Sauce critics are often totally ignorant of the sauces of the world, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think Szechuan sauce did anything worthy of being saved.

Sorry.

Why did you post this?

Give me movies
rateyourmusic.com/list/hibakushyo/flicks-to-watch/

Lemon from Hollis Frampton, essential stuff

Aguirre

:0

rateyourmusic.com/film/les_enfants_du_paradis/
rateyourmusic.com/film/paris__texas/
rateyourmusic.com/film/le_scaphandre_et_le_papillon/
rateyourmusic.com/film/le_trou/
rateyourmusic.com/film/coeur_fidele/
rateyourmusic.com/film/l_armee_des_ombres/
rateyourmusic.com/film/napoleon_vu_par_abel_gance/
hi i like frnech films

letterboxd.com/film/when-the-cat-comes/

Thanks everyone

Nice, I hear Klaus Kinski is good in that

that other guy was an imposter. but yeah i do live in newton im away right now tho

this like what the fuck why has no one said anything lmao

mauritania

Hikashu - Hikashu History
>thursday
>prog-rock/pop
An Ian F. Martin favorite (in my head the F stands for Fucking) , so thought to dig a little more into the band. Was a tad put off when realized this is a compilation album (sue me - thought album name was them claiming their chunk o history)

Expected to be non-plussed because it was a compilation and because i couldnt remember liking the the other Hikashu album I had listened to (as prep, went back to it and listened: yung me is a dummy, Ten Ten Ten is a fucking amazing album - the macro-dynamics!!). The compilation prejudice slipped away too, as it becomes obvious there was thought and care put into the arangement of tracks.

Sonically: techno-kayou pop, deconstructed prog/post-punk, a veritable selection of percussion, brass scramblings over the aforementioned, really thick and fun bass tones/lines. There are some real fun tracks (and some that overstep the cheesy line a little too daringly).

Overall, Ten Ten Ten is so much better (more confident with its cheese, more brash with its jazz/synth flirtations), but definitely an album ill be rapping fingers to window and when stuck in traffic..
Phew - Five Finger Discount
>friday
>art pop
I'll keep this short - loved this album. Phew's voice has this fantastic transparent strength to it - sounds thin/brittle, but carries a hardiness about it - chalk it up to gram-gram strength (note: do not know if phew is a grandma). Buouyed by the vocals the arrangements move from whimsical to languorous to charged quite seamlessly.

Verdict: mandatory to play before not calling grandma

>ripe for extracurriculars
wdhmbt

Does anyone have any more jazz that sounds like this ?
youtube.com/embed/gitmb5c_WaU

I'm a sucker for this sort of stuff

Hey how do you guys feel about my updated Fishmans flowchart?

I was gonna add the album names and stuff too

how did i miss this post

Looks good to me

new blade runner is a total clusterfuck but its compelling

wait, so if you liked the poppier parts of long season then you go to kuchu camp, but if you want less pop than that in uchu nippon, you still go to kuchu camp?

thx!

I'ma sleep on it and wait for some more feedback. Then I will give it some finishing touches.

also should I add in a link to my rym profile or mega upload folder? bc some of the stuff on there isn't rly available anywhere else lol

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Might be worth setting up soulseek as well.

And like the other user pointed out, the Kuchu/Uchu thing is a bit confusing. Might want to run it by I'M FISH, who is the ultimate Fishmans fanboy (really, he owns the boxsets that cost like five hundred Ameridollars).