Do you think there is a God Sup Forums?

Do you think there is a God Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yIDa8sIWeW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think there is one.

No.

I choose to believe there is a God. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I can't sit here, look at the world, one the complexities of the human body and believe it's due to happenstance.

Can you believe that God is due to 'happenstance'?

Which one?

No. Ive been thru so much shit on in my life that i dont even think theres a god...when i prayed and needed him the most he let me down...

Every single time in my life since birth ive tried to belive but really God is just a guy who makes you change the view of the world and people feel comfort when really its like their crazy...believing i a man that lives in the sky

I believe that if there is an Almighty Faggot-hater, that he's acts with Malicious intent and the source of evil in this world

Not sure. Never thought about it. I just think that the universe is too big for us to be here without something greater, even responsible for us.

Meh, we're all probably made up of space dust anyway.

Check em

Give it some thought. If you think it's unlikely that the universe could simply be, then something greater would be even less likely.

Just one god or a bunch? How would you know?

I do not believe in punishing/rewarding sky daddy.

However comma, I do believe that outside of time and space, "before" the Big Bang (which itself is the "beginning" of spacetime) there is a consciousness/entity/being/troll that is responsible for all the quantum particle interactions that build this thing we're all existing in.

But like , I could be wrong. In which case, oh well.

I don't believe in anything so arbitrary and simple as heaven and hell.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Religion is really a source of comfort or the ideo that someone has our back so we can feel good but really theres no god

Clap clap, ninth grade philosophy student. ;-)

>Reddit spacing
Glass houses user.

Have a pack of cigarettes, but nothing with which to light them?
Simply remove one from the pack.
Now it is a cigarette lighter.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIDa8sIWeW0

If god isn't real then explain fruits and vegetables.

Neckbeard found. Why don't you shoot yourself and come back and tell us mr. know-it-all? New atheshits like you disgust everyone.

GENIUS

Shut up, cancerfag. I've been here since summer. And I've never posted on Reddit.
WTF even is Reddit spacing?

I can't hold all this trigger from copy-pasting a quote. Oh lawdy muh skydaddy.

I guess the best way to answer you is to say this. Greater than what may be responsible for us? I don't know, maybe. Honestly, I think it's impossible for us to fathom something so unfathomable.

Using basic logic we're all taught, something that has a beginning must have an end. Every end was once a beginning and while this is a song lyric "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end".

If that's true, the God must be the creation of something else and therefore greater, or more wise. This is where it starts to get tricky, because we can't perceive something absolutely without a working understanding of said thing, and there in lies the problem with a God. How do you prove or disprove the existence of something we've only been told about?

Hope that makes sense.

Stale meme.

No. No I don't. But if scientifically valid, peer-reviewble evidence in favor of one came along, I certainly wouldn't discount it out of hand.

ikr, right? Just look at bananas. They're the perfect snack! They let you know when they're ready.
Green? Too soon.
Brown? Too late.
Yellow? Goldilocks zone!!

And your gonna tell me that that that happened..... by accident?

Imagine God as Infinite Spirit

Go look through your closet and tell me how many cotton-poly blends you have. How many times have you been around a girl on her period? Ever had shrimp or crab? Ever worked on a Sunday? How much for your daughter?

I remember reading that screencap too

Admit it, while there may be a God the church is a 2000 year old pedophillia and money laundering ring that dabbles in state control. The Bible is garbage and a amalgamation of a bunch of drunk sandniggers telling fables that their daddy was told by his daddy who was told by this guy who was roomates with a guy that was totally there. But give this organization 10% of everything and don't touch yourself because dude in the sky is watching you and will bring a flood.

It's been overdue for a flood for a while wouldn't you say? Miracles stopped happening around the same time photography became a thing, I wonder why.

Different user here, but allow me to chime in.

I mentioned the Big Bang earlier.

Not to swerve into Doctor Who territory, but we see time as a linear progression of events with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

But the current working theory about the beginning of the universe itself is that, with the Big Bang, not only did all matter and energy explode forth from this pinpoint, but all of space and time.

So, if time itself began there, what was before it? Well, "before" isn't the correct term if time itself is off the table.

I prefer the term "outside" spacetime, although even that isn't quite accurate.

Our understanding of linear time and physical space imposes this artificial requirement of something "greater" coming "before" everything.

I propose that line of reasoning is flawed.

"God" or whatever name you want to give it isn't constrained by spacetime.

Many believe that God created man in a perfect place where no evil could occur, but man had to be evicted because he sinned. So we are stuck here on Earth where bad stuff happens . This is the right place for.us.

>claims xianity
>cites jew laws

So we're being punished indefinitely for something someone did thousands of years before me? Doesn't really sound like someone i want to worship or emulate - being wrathful and all, awfully hypocritical of Him.

Not at all.

>Dad? How come those people from that other village talk in a way I can't understand?

They speak a different language, son.

>What's that mean?

*Sigh* Okay, so... A long time ago, a bunch of people who liked to pester their father while he was working, they all got together and tried to build a tower so they could get to heaven and pester their heavenly father, no doubt while HE was busy, so he made them all speak different languages so they couldn't work together anymore.
Now, leave me alone and go make sure your sister isn't drowning in the Jordan River.

if there is one, it's not the judaic or christian or muslim one

its a god of insect warfare and virus logic and mutation

It's the Word of God! Let's kill those people over there for not believing that story you just told them! DEUS VULT!

Like those things are mutually incompatible.

>No Evil
>Evil incarnate tempts Cock sleeve into defying God
If no Evil could occur, how did he get there?

No, but if there was one, I can only imagine these possibilities:

>god is evil
>god is stupid
>god is good, but is powerless to stop bad stuff
>god is ignorant about what is going on in its creation
>god doesn't even know about its creation
>god doesn't care

Just is what it.is. The sins of the father are visited upon the son in ways we can see and in ways we cant see. Going by what we can see, most of our problems are man made. Perhaps all of them are - we just cant see all the connections. The message is shape up and create a better world for the future.

>problems in physical reality are as bad/important as i think they are
>good doesn't exist

The message is grand, people interpreting it literally are loons.

If you want to understand the universe, think in terms of energy and frequency. What people call "God" is correct and incorrect at the same time. God is simply the same energy that causes planets to orbit, flowers to bloom, and Humans to be spirtual beings having a human experience. Think in terms of the 5th dimension. You know the "voice" you can "hear" in your head. The memories you can "see" in your head. We're oir conscious goes after your flesh puppet of a body ceases to exist in this physical life we call "reality "

In my opinion.

Many. Which ones for you depends upon race and ethnic makeup.

>god doesn't care
highest chance of being correct

Well, somebody somewhere just got diagnosed with Syphilis, and its been passed down the generations for thousands of years by people sleeping around. We could wipe it out if we chose to, but we keep the chain going. Damaging the environment would be another example of how one generation suffers for what a previous one did.

I absolutely believe that God exists. And that he hates each and every one of us, with a depth, and passion, that defies our ability to define the word.

I didn't say good doesn't exist, that's a strawman argument. But the fact that the creatures are able to, and is experiencing immense agony means that a hypothetical god is either evil, ignorant of it, or doesn't care (which means it's not necessarily a good or evil god). Physical agony has no significance on a cosmic scale, obviously, but an all powerful, all good, all wise god would not allow that, because it would care. So one of those three characteristics must go, knowledge, power, or goodness.

This, I seen it while on DMT, open your minds user. I don't go to church and I'm not perfect but non of reality makes sense...a planet floating at the temperature full of life...yeah...but I'm sure "IT" fucked up with the dinosaurs...

Personally? No. And unless concrete, repeatable and testable evidence arises then it'll stay that way.

No offence to religious people, I have nothing against them personally. However I'm not going to devote my life to a concept that has little to no grounds in reality.

It's ok anons are allowed to their opinion. no matter ho hard it makes me laugh, no matter how stupid it is!

How long has it been since someone gave you a hug user?

>God is simply the same energy that causes planets to orbit, flowers to bloom, and Humans to be spirtual beings having a human experience.
Those are three different energies.

Please explain to me the anatomy of an angel. How is it physically possible for a human-like body to sustain gigantic wings on their backs without elongating their entire body structure to the point where they all look like Slenderman?

ye

No...it implies that everything said is affected by the same force.

No, I used too. I don't know what I believe anymore.

"good" was my phone fucking me.
It was supposed to be "god"
>thanks mr swype

This is gonna' be a long one, brace yourself.
Things don't 'float' in space. That would imply they're acting in complete disregard to all forces that should be acting upon it. Earth is influenced by the gravity of everything nearby in a cosmic sense. Technically it's effected by everything in the universe, but to negligible extents. It's also influenced by the fluids that are in contact with it, such a it's atmosphere and the sub-crust magma. Causing friction which would eventually cause it's rotation to stop, given enough time. We're talking billions of years here.

And it's perfect temperature might seem weird at first, but it's not really. The temperature is not perfect for US, WE are perfect for the temperature. That's evolution for ya'. And out of the thousands of exoplants we've discovered outside our own solar system, none have been confirmed to be capable of supporting life thus far. We've found a few possible ones, but they're so far away that we have no way of knowing for sure since we can't collect data directly.

The conditions for supporting life have a small window to be a little more extreme than what we have now. Look at Antarctica for example. What about a planet that was constantly at freezing temperatures? Life can exist like that, penguins other polar life are living proof.

Our 'perfect' conditions are not so perfect for other forms of life, and vice versa. They only seems that way to us because that is what our biology has evolved to be most efficient at coping with, and it's normal to us.

There's nothing weird about that.

It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Strawman. Nothing in scripture describes angels as having wings.

What's that supposed to mean? Look. I mean no offense, but to an atheist it sounds like you've been in a padded cell for one year too many.

yea in a way i think there is. the evil demiurge is likely the people behind the sim. fate is true. and we live in a multiverse where the phone line between this universe and the next universe up is dead. there are many mortal universes. i wrote a book about this and thought a lot about it during the process

You are fucking retarded! There are countless mentions of angels and their wings in the Bible. Fucking sooooo dumb.

No the shit is for chumps who haven't touched a science article since high school.

It's a quote from a quasi-newage sect with its origins in the late 1970s.
I think the original text was written in 1976 or so, but it actually hit the mainstream in 1977.
It was big until the early 80s and then it kinda died out.
It had a resurgence in 1999, and was kind of a big deal up til around 2005.
It dipped a bit again, but it's been growing in popularity and had another revival back in 2015, and even more recently. There was some big event related to it just this past December I think.
I forget what it's called though.

Prove it.
I don't need countless examples.
I just need one.

>there are many mortal universes.
And by this I meant that there are many mortal universes like this one below the next universe up (aka. the afterlife)

I believe in a power greater than myself.

And I believe in you, my child.

Can consciousness exist without a biological entity to produce it?

Doesn't really mean anything though. Nothing tangible anyways.

Yes. My theory is that there is a god, and we are totally wrong about it all. We are all going to hell aka earth II

We can never know. Because if that consciousness was not carried by a physical entity we would never be able to perceive it unless it contacted us through some means which we have not yet come up with.

U rang?

STAR WARS!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING CHILD!!!!!!!!

IT'S A FUCKING QUOTE FROM STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!

THE FORCE!

T h e ~~~ F o r c e .

You non-pop-culture-reference-getting autist!

What the actual fuck are you?! TWELVE?!

IF YOU MEANT TO INCITE THIS MUCH FUCKING TRIGGERING, WELL THEN......

CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONSIDER ME B8'd. CONSIDER ME TRIGGR'D!!!!

WELL FUCKING DONE!

WELL FUCKING PLAYED!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO GO KMS MYSELF NOW!!!!!!

J E S U S
F U C K I N G
C H R I I I I I I I I I I S T

Evil is the great teacher

but it's not. electromagnetic force and gravity are different.

It's from Star Wars, moron. You just proved your psychology "expertise" to be complete garbage.

Isaiah 6:1-8

6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty; and the hem of his robe filled the temple. 2 Seraphs were in attendance above him; each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, and with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. 3 And one called to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”

Well....... Shit!

I stand corrected!

Now...... Not to "true Scotsman" you, but classical depictions of angels give them only two wings apiece.

This six-winged imagery I somehow missed on my read-through of the Holly Bibble.

Evil is just a point of view.

Yet both those forces are influenced by one.

This is clearly going over your head and cant be simplified any further than that. Expand your consciousness. Reality is delineated by your six senses.

May the Force be with you.

All I'm saying is...Dinosaurs and Christianity directly contradict one another. One could not be if the other had existed...and we know with 100% certainty that dinosaurs did in fact exist

I don't think so, but I'm not sure, and will probably never be sure. If there is he's probably laughing his ass off at humanity rn

Prove it. Give me an equation or something.

>Expand your consciousness
Sure, because you are so wise and woke. You're a superhuman who knows the truth of the universe.
I've "expanded" my consciousness several times, never experienced anything that can be proven, but I have experienced stuff that can easily be proven wrong. The problem is that you can't apply it to the real world because it's fictitious. If it was true, shroomheads would be creating all kinds of amazing technology. Shrooms and DMT are great, but what you see isn't necessarily true.

Actually, not until the renaissance area. This is when man began depicting Angeles with wings. In the bible Angels blended in with those who they walked amongst, but yet had the ability to show a presence of distinguishing differences.

STFU! This thread is dead.

Fuck off faggot, no one asked you.

This depends on interpretation of the the time line. Man abominations are spoke of during the time of the nephlim. Who's to say that wasn't the time of the dino?

Simple answer, yes.