Fargo S1 vs S2

Other than pic related's forced fucking connection, S2 is by far the best season of television I've ever seen.

Great performances, actors, and a neat beginning and end.

Lorne is still based though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXevJJE0YXQ
youtu.be/Y1osT-9mpOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess you're forgetting about the UFO deus ex machina in episode 9.

>deus ex
Nigga they've been setting up the ufo since the first episode

Nah I prefer s1

the existence of gods were always established in roman literature, from which the term originates.

setting what up?

what was set up there?

what was the point of it?

what purpose did it have?

mentioning a random thing then the random thing happening contributes to the overall narrative how?

It's quite literally a yet another tasteless shoutout to a Coen movie with no point to it.

so which crime family did he eventually take over or did he just make his own

I thought it was dope. Kind of a comment on the nature of the narrative, period, but especially the "based on true accounts" kind of narrative.

holy shit. i agree 100%. Hanzee was a badass but Lorne was somethin else man. also season 2 had the cutest chicks.

Roman? It's Greek, and it's used for comedic purposes to show the absurdity of a sudden solution to writing yourself into a corner. Any example of it used seriously (Like Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist) should be diminished.

QT

Ah, we've got a community college liberal arts student

time for a rewatch

>a latin term is greek

... about par for a fargoTV fan

So you like how the show leans on the "tru story yo" bullshit to justify plot convenience/contrivance?

If a solution is sudden or unexpected - yes, even if it was featured, referenced or "set up" earlier in the story - and doesn't appear as a natural or viable solution to the plotline it eventually solves then it's still probably a deus ex machina, and it's bad writing.

Generally it's something with a small or non-existent influence on the plot until that point, and something that solves a problem that would've otherwise been unsolvable.

I'll even go as far as to say that based on everything else in this series, bad writing doesn't seem at all unlikely. The Lovecraftian Lorne with variations of Satanism mixed in that altogether make no fucking sense and make for a bad character, and some of the most cliché themes since the first book was published.

It's a Latin loan phrase from Greek "ἀπὸ μηχανῆς θεός " meaning "god from the machine"
Shoot yourself you degenerate piss-ant.

>dude they used it twice so it's not deux ex machina

It doesn't lean on that, you're just emphasizing it 'cause it makes you mad. You're watching a fucked up situation where a bunch of great characters basically engineer their own doom, and also some shit goes down that no one can really explain after the fact. It's cynical to see it as a 'convenient' ending because it didn't satisfy your criteria. There's some real meat there if you let yourself take a bite. Just let TV be weird and flamboyant, man.

You too

>Patrick Wilson and Keith Carradine play the same character at different ages
>they are actually that far apart in age

>two other actors play a character at different ages
>they are not that far apart in age
>nor do they look like it

That annoyed me

Kill yourself ADD fag

>You're watching a fucked up situation where a bunch of great characters basically engineer their own doom
by completely lacking in any sort of self-awareness and acting as illogically as possible whenever it most suits the narrative. Justified by the show claiming it is a true story.

the last couple of winters have been so cozy. i can't wait to curl up sometime soon and marathon this show again. i romanticize snow and places that get an actual winter (southern fag here)

>he still thinks they're true stories

>S2 is by far the best season of television I've ever seen

You clearly haven't seen The Leftovers S02.

... how is literacy falling in the information age

The only show running that's bigger plebbait than fargoTV is leftovers

OK

Are you me? Seasons 2 of Fargo, The Knick and The Leftovers were among the best of 2015. While Fargo had some issues I didn't like in the end, like the one you mentioned, it was a 9.5/10. The Leftovers s2 was a 10/10 tho.

>Justified by the show claiming it is a true story.
everyone knows they aren't true stories. the gimmick was well-known ever since the original fargo movie. the show's producers are not relying on it because it's just a joke. quit being such a sensitive little faggot

What tv shows do you think are good?

S1 has borderline unwatchable levels of cringe. I really can't understand why it's regarded as well as it is, Billy Bob's character is terrible.

S2 was genuinely really good until like Ep 8, and takes a giant nosedive once Hanzee becomes the final villain basically. The UFO thing is stupid but the last few episodes have way bigger problems than that bit.

I agree, Hanzee becoming the final villain felt contrived. I know it was set up a little with his speech about Vietnam but his betrayal of Dodd and the other Gerhardts still seemed to happen far too quickly

Agreed. What a world we live in where Fargo and Nathan for You coexist. Truly a great time for TV.

>the show's producers are not relying on it
there's at least one asspull per episode that is justified by "tru story bro"

Literally the perfect woman

Yeah I kind of fell in love with her. Strange, I find the actress less attractive than the character. Still QT tho...

True KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=oXevJJE0YXQ

>take credit for the eradication of an entire rival crime family
>get a rat cage with a window as a reward

RIP Afro-kun

youtu.be/Y1osT-9mpOs

S2 had a lot more interesting characters and plot lines

One of the best things on television right now. Can't wait for season 3 with fucking Ewan McGregor.

came here to post this. wtf was the point of that

Hell yeah and MEW too

I'm really interested now that I know that not only is he playing twins but two very physically and personally different twins.

And Carrie Coon