What are some electioncore/politcalcore movies I can watch for this US election season? I've already seen, Game Change...

What are some electioncore/politcalcore movies I can watch for this US election season? I've already seen, Game Change, Recount, Bob Roberts, Bulworth and The Honorable Gentleman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5g36pk_4KU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watch The Manchurian Candidate. Everyone references it but nobody ever really watches it.

>The Honorable Gentleman

*The Distinguished Gentleman

The Sinatra one or the Denzel one?

Dave
The Patriot

This. Original Manchurian Candidate.

Also:
The Ides of March
All the President's Men
Wag the Dog
Election
In the Loop
Charlie Wilson's War
Syriana

wagging the dog.

The Sinatra one, although the Denzel one is good, too.

Primary Colors, which features John Travolta as not Bill Clinton in his run for president.

Thirteen days

All the President's Men = Hillary.
Mr. Smith goes to Washington = Trump

>not cool
i dont get it

Mr Smith is more Bernie in my opinion familiana

All these.

Frost/Nixon is definitely worth watching too.

Michael Moore in Trumpland is pretty kino.

Trump = Citizen Kane

Okay.
All the President's Men = Hillary
Mr. Smith goes to Washington = Bernie
Citizen Kane = Trump
Forrest Gump = Gary Johnson

NOT KEWL GUUUIIISTH, LIEK I CANT, LIEK, EVANNNNNNN

>syriana

>this thread is allowed
>make a thread about trump tv
>is immediately deleted
BRAVO JANIKEK

Maybe it's a reference to the dangers of a government that's too decentralized? Although knowing the Huffington Post, they're probably claiming that Trump wants to bring back slavery and the 3/5 compromise.

The Candidate
Election
Mr Smith Goes to Washington
Taxi Driver

Huffpo's claiming the Constitution is a breathing document that needs to be interpreted to reflect the rights of minorities/trans/women, etc because the founding fathers were white men from the 1700's who didn't understand that stuff

That'll come after his 8 years in the presidency. Though he'll be 78 by then and probably not bothered to run a media business.

Why is CTR pushing the Trump media thing anyway? Not to give them strategy but it's a pretty weak anti-Trump discussion point.

Is City Hall with Cusack and Pacino any good?

are the rumors true?

They're right. The constitution is a piece of paper that is as powerful as the country living by its word. It should reflect the people's needs.

>b-but muh sjws
Who cares.

Which is why it can be amended, friend. I'm not even a textualist.

hypernormalisation is fun if you want to watch a journalist whine about journalism, journalists, politics, and politicians losing relevancy because of big scary computers.

Day of the Jackal lel

Did I say it couldn't? It's exactly why I call it a piece of paper. In the end, you can write stuff or take it out. It doesn't matter.

Primary Colors

Its basically a 'fictional' flick about Bill Clinton's first campaign

Indeed, but that 'piece of paper' is a groundwork that is to be adhered to to ensure democracy. But you knew that.

>that's a real tweet
Jesus Christ, why would they do that?

He wants a crown, not a constitution.

Gabriel Over the White House.

D R O P PE D

what

you know Trump literally wants to enforce the law and people are triggered? Obama keeps getting shot down by the SCOTUS

Sometimes I think the liberal media is actually trying to help Trump.

The media has no idea what to do with a person like trump, who runs essentially every narrative at the same time.

The Patriot is the correct answer. JJL thanks you for playing along.

7 days in May.

Good night, and good luck.

Yes. This man has no dick.

I love Thirteen Days

War Room (1993)
Weiner (2016)
Lincoln (2012)
W. (2008)
The Brainwashing of My Dad (2015)
Inequality for All (2013)
The Fog of War (2003)
Citizen Four (2014)
No End in Sight (2007)
Why We Fight (2005)
Mitt (2014)
Capitalism: A Love Story (2009)
Restrepo (2010)
The Times of Harvey Milk (1984)

I liked both Confirmation and All the Way on HBO earlier this year. What did you lads think?

Also, is HBO confirmed GOAT political scandalcore? Recount, John Adams, Game Change, etc.

Ah so it's a classic

>the Republicans have spent the past 30+ years going after the Clintons
>they finally get the chance to run against Hillary Clinton after spending decades making her look like the devil in the flesh
>they got 16 different candidates all lined up, each of them ready to finally sink their teeth into Hillary Clinton
>then a giant orange reality TV show host usurped their primary
>then he became their nominee because the GOP base is full of dumb racists, thanks to 50 years of the Southern Strategy
>now he's going to hand Hillary the White House on a silver platter
>the Democrats are likely to retake the Senate, and might even take the House now too
>actual, serious GOP politicians have had their political careers ruined
>the Republican party is now a national laughingstock, and will be associated with Trump forever
>all because a thin-skinned man-baby got butthurt about getting roasted by President Obama

That was pretty good, but not as good as "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace".

Only Americans

What is some essential Cruz-core?

I still don't quite understand why he's a meme but it's funny anyway.

Have you seen Show Me a Hero?

David Simon & Oscar Isaacs

Pretty great

>>reddit

THE DELEGATES, DAHNALD.

>placing mislead populism before traditional principles
>allowing the spirit of the time (or in this case, the lack of) to trump incontrovertible truths

user, I...

Zodiac and JFK

Movie was fags

Kennedy a bitch

No document is infallible and there are a lot of things happening now that they couldn't have imagined in the 1700's. If you were to take the 2nd ammendment for example, civilians were expected to have their own weapons to fight a war in order to be a well regarded militia. in the late 1700's that was muskets, in today's terms private citizens should have actual military rifles, RPG's, landmines, even things like bradly assault vehicles which were the equivilent of horses back then. We don't allow private citizens those things because a single man with a bradly assault vehicle and a bunch of RPG's is quite a bit more dangerous to quite a few more people than some schmuck on a horse that can fire a lead ball once every 2 minutes that is maybe accurate up to 100 feet.

advise and consent

Yes, this is a perfectly accurate analysis of the current political situation.

>xe believes in "gun" "control"

Yes, yes. They addressed that on that Simpsons episode

>King of England, etc

This tweet had better be a ruse.
I refuse to believe that irony has gone full circle that its now serious to be ironic or would it be ironic to be serious?

>The pendulum swings left
>"Oh mG this is certainly TOO ironic yes"

ides of march and charlie wilson's war are excellent...all great choices though

THAT'S A THICK DOOR

Why did Phil Hoffman have to be a drug addict ;_;

Second for wag the dog. They tried this with that chick in Afghanistan that was "the only survivor" of her squad and it turned out the whole thing was fake to create a war hero for the news

not a bad list

>he has memes but no thoughts of his own
Surely you're not advocating for unrestricted access to military vehicles and high explosives

>unrestricted access to military vehicles and high explosives
As long as we give everyone equal assess to them, I do not foresee any problems. MAD works wonders on the human psyche

Why not?

When will HuffPost be put out of their misery already?

they're commies and hate the constitution
people shouldn't have rights stupid goy

>wag the dog
Pure shit

Just starting the thread don't know if someone said it but the ides of march is really good

That one was really good Costner with the "chowda" accent

>Wag the Dog

I remember hearing so much about this movie at the time but nobody seems to give a shit about it now

>Being a post structuralist shithead.

Scum

It fucked up one of the key lines about the current state of warfare and made itself into a complete joke rather than eternally relevant.

Also implying the CIA doesn't dog-wag was beyond moronic.

All norm

>dead people "voting" for the election
>that hitman who works for the female candidate
>fat man with messy blonde hair screwing her over
It's scary how accurate this video is for the 2016 election.

>*leans in to mic*
>WRONG

Swing Vote

it's pleb-tier at best but it has its moments.