/noise/ general

There wasn't one for a while edition

In which we hopefully don't shitpost too much about noise, power electronics, death industrial, first wave industrial, contemporary noisy avant-garde and other interlinked genres

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z5ZxbwqQVIE
music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Analog-Mixers/502/p/P0576
youtube.com/watch?v=KbQvTohKvA4
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74798523/#74849592
youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZU-rr4Qx4
jasonurick.bandcamp.com/track/fussing-fighting-estatic-sunshine-version
youtube.com/watch?v=cLdU-0wmW1M
forum.noiseguide.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=608&start=3285
csindustrial1982-2010.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JT4rHPqf47A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really fond of that release, op.
youtu.be/z5ZxbwqQVIE

I'm trying to get into making noise, but I need to pick a mixer. Someone is selling this for $20 in my city, will it be enough? Not talking fidelity-wise, but more like will it have enough inputs? Right now I'm planning to have a guitar go into an amp so I can feed it feedback as one source and at least one another source (tapes/laptop), and one distortion pedal. Do you think it's enough?

music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Mixers/Analog-Mixers/502/p/P0576

Eh, I like it, and it's borderline Sup Forumscore, so thought it may be a good opener. I'm more partial to this kind of sound rather than full on harsh as fuck off noise.

Oh, sorry to samefag, but forgot to mention I'm planning to buy a Behringer 300UM as the dist. Hoping to somehow be able to chain it as guitar -> amp -> mix -> pedal or so. If I'm making any sense.

I stopped visiting Sup Forums and the noise generals about two years ago, and basically I haven't found any new albums since then. Did I miss any new stuff that is worthwhile or maybe old albums that became popular in the generals?

One of the albums I keep coming back to and enjoy a lot:
youtube.com/watch?v=KbQvTohKvA4

where do i find a noise gf

Get a black metal gf and convert her

>tfw going to see Puce Mary live in half an hour

I posted some albums some time ago.
rbt.asia/mu/thread/74798523/#74849592
None of it is harsh noise, but all of them are industrial with varying noise elements

Good taste user. The biggest albums since you've lasted visited have probably been Puce Mary-The Spiral, Pharmakon-Contact, and Aaron Dilloway-The Gag File.

Ask around and join clubs. I've met some girls at my college radio station who listen to some good noise artists.

Lucky dude, I missed her when she came to my area. My buddy got me a poster tho. Enjoy the show!

Thanks, I like all three a lot so will check those out.

Thanks dude

Sounds like it should be enough but if you can spend a bit more you should. I have an 802, which has a send loop that you can mess around with. I'd go with that

I'm a complete newfag in analog (I only did field recording based shit til now), what's a send loop? And yeah, it seems like I can get a 802. I haven't decided yet what kind of sound I want (I'll experiment and see, maybe I won't be able to do anything), but I'd like it to be somewhere around Premature Ejaculation/Propergol/Brighter Death Now/Ramleh, basicall noise, but more on the low key/ambientish side.
also, is one pedal enough? And do I need an echo or can I do that with the mixer?

what is some other great proto-power electronics?

the end freaked me out because i didnt realize it was arabic

Basically you can't have enough pedals

Seriously though, a single pedal won't do that much. I don't know what you plan to do exactly but if you want to explore different sounds and textures (what I like to do) you will need a few. Don't worry though, you start by buying one and you will learn along the way.

Do people actually listen to pretentious shit like this? It's designed SPECIFICALLY TO SOUND BAD, the tracks are identical, no structure or rhythm. By unironically listening to it you defeat it's purpose

>t. poptimist Sup Forumstant who has never listened to any noise besides Pulse Demon
Fucking embarrassing

>8.7 on Pitchfork
Apparently we can quantify static into good and bad now.
Just listened to it, i-is this music?

>i don't get it so it's pretentious.
How pathetic. Do you give up on everything else as easily as you clearly gave up on noise?

What pedals do you recommend? Obviously distortion, but what else?

>He gives a shit about pitchfork

(Most) noise isn't just distrted static dude. FInd some entry level industrial/noise classics and start there if you are serious about getting into the genre.

>It's designed SPECIFICALLY TO SOUND BAD
It's designed to sound harsh. As any fan of extreme music will tell you, there is a big difference.

>the tracks are identical, no structure or rhythm
You have clearly never actally sat own and listened to a noise music.

hey guys, i know noise music is all about child murdering, child rape, drug abuse etc, but i'm kind of tired of being sad. could you suggest me some happy/cheerful/positive noise-related stuff like these:
youtube.com/watch?v=K6ZU-rr4Qx4
jasonurick.bandcamp.com/track/fussing-fighting-estatic-sunshine-version
youtube.com/watch?v=cLdU-0wmW1M

(While you were out would also be ok if it wasn't too ear-rapey for casual listening)

cool trick you might not know about: plug an input into an output of your mixer. then run the output into your distortion. voila, you have a cool sine generator/synth. the gain/volume/EQ pots will change the pitch

Get the Catalinbread Antichthon. That pedal is a fucking noise beast.

this also works if you plug the input of an amp into the output. very very loud

it's not "designed to sound bad", it's designed to sound like noise, and not music.

When am I supposed to listen to it?

whenever you stop being a faggot

Can't find that one on sale in my country. I think I'll just get the Behringer for distortion for now and see, but what other types of pedals would I want to add? Echo? Is there anything else beyond distortion and echo or reverb to get?

Is that the no input mixing board technique the Japanese dude made a series of albums out of? That was cool shit.

Just get what ever pedal you think would sound cool. There aren't really any rules for what you can and can't make noise with.

I know that, the problem is that I basically never even touched a pedal, so I know absolutely fuck all about anything. Up til now I just made stuff 100% digital with VSTs, using field recordings. I wanna move into the hardware territory but it's all new to me, I do t even know how to do the cabling.

buy an analog delay, run it into a distortion or the other way around. turn feedback up fully and then the delay time know becomes a very resourceful noise tool. mxr carbon copy is a really good pedal for this but most will work

I don't know anything like this, but you may want to look into power noise if you like the last track

not sure, my friend just showed me it and its great. been making sick power-electronics with a busted up peavey bass amp recently and getting crazy oscillation with two inputs running into two outputs

Awesome, I definitely want to experiment with oscillators and was thinking if I need to feed it laptop sound or something. This sounds way more fun

Wew lad, $200 for a pedal is a little bit out of my initial budget. Thanks tho, I'll look around.

I have three distortion pedals and the cheapest one is the one I love most. It's the digitech death metal pedal, it's a very popular pedal and of course there are better ones but it's very cheap and it does the job well

yeah thought it might be but it's really good, keep an eye out for a second hand one. like I said though, enough distortion and you can't really tell. a $40-50 delay would prob do the trick

Yeah, I'll get the Behringer for now, I'm only fucking around in my bedroom anyway, and when I get a hang of it I might shop for others. Do you know if there's any how to for retards on chaining pedals and making a setup that isn't a huge mess?

I'll definitely keep a look on it if I ever get serious. Do you think a delay is 100% needed, or can I get one later down the road? Also, I assume I definitely want a delay, not reverb, right? I have no idea what kind of sound I want to do yet, but I'm aiming somewhere around Brighter Death Now territory as I said, less aggressive and more really noisy ambient.

Experimenting is like 90 percent of the fun so my advise is to not ask how other people make noise and just find out yourself. It seems like lame advise but if you try a lot and fail eventually you will understand much better what will happen if you turn a knob or what will happen when you put the pedals in a certain order

forum.noiseguide.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=608&start=3285

Also you can check the pictures people post here to get a general idea

there's proto-industrial noise

Iannis Xenakis - Persepolis

if you buy a mixer make sure it has an fx send so you can do feedback loops. behringer 802 is a popular one for noise

You'd like Merzbow-Merzbeat, it's basically just noisy beats and doesn't revolve around shock imagery. I Am A Lake Of Burning Orchids-Summer In My Veins is another good noise album that revolves more around romantic themes, and is actually a little emotional.

Oh yeah I definitely get that, I've spent years reading about experimental music and trying shit out myself so I get that, I'm just asking because it's about money and I don't want to get stuck with useless shit, selling stuff off is harder here.

Thanks a ton!

Yeah, the other user recommended me 802 too, its within my price range so I'm getting one instead of the 502.

Nice, but yeah getting a condenser mic or contact mic will also help out your noise. As will buying more guitar pedals.

I have a shotgun mic and planning to see how well those cheap plastic 00s PC mics gonna perform as well. Also have some tape loops and shit I'm gonna play around with.

Somehow related: these guys are preserving vintage, mostly totalitarian soviet-era industrial from then Czechoslovakia. Everything from noise to EBM. Check it out if you like obscure stuff, some really good shit there.

csindustrial1982-2010.bandcamp.com/

I've tried using a pc mic before but it didn't really work out. I forget what I didn't like about it specifically. But they can also break pretty easily. I used to use ipod earbuds as a mic but they would break constantly and it wasn't worth buying them anymore.

I can get chinkbuds for 50 cents here, I'll give it a try

>chinkbuds
as long as they don't have the soft plastic things for the earplugs they'll work. I always ordered the old school ipod earphones online, so that's why it was always a hassle.

What kind of cabling do I need for one guitar, one amp and one pedal? I have adapters for all the outside stuff.

are you just picking up vocals with them or are you using them as contact mics?

what noise records have I missed out on this year?

I downloaded the mezbow / cortini collab a while back but never got round to it

anyone got some good 2017 recs?

What's the filthiest, grimiest, and most disgusting album that you know of?

both
if you have a mixer just regular 1/4 inch patch cables.

youtube.com/watch?v=JT4rHPqf47A

Honestly, Whitehouse-Mummy and Daddy. That's still the toughest listen for me. Anyone got anything they think is worse?

Two should be enough, right?

get more than you think you need, i see them in bundles of 6 or 12 a lot, so maybe get one of those, and get them longer than you might think you need to. a lot of pedals have multiple outputs, so you can always direct the secondary output into something and use that as a sound source (which is why you need more than you think), and its annoying having to have your pedals at weird angles because your cords are too short to make a connection from a pedal out to a mixer in on the other side of the board (which is why you need them longer).

Just listened to this whole thing, pretty fucking great dude thank you.

JUST LIKE LEECHES SUCK SHE MAY LET YOU FUCK BUT SHE WANT--

IM ADDICTED TO PROSTITUTES JUST LIKE SOME MEN ARE ADDICTED TO ALCOHOL