Tfw you suck at making movies

>tfw you suck at making movies
>tfw you suck at everything you try to do
Is there any hope bros? 26 year old failed filmmaker reporting in. What are some flicks that will help me cope with this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QASbw8_0meM
youtube.com/watch?v=qInlVSEKL-Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=QASbw8_0meM

Top lel I'm an author who's got nothing to her name and I probably get more pussy than you how does that even feel

what did u make?

so many layers of bait in one delicious post

Watch "Ed Wood", it is true kino.

> to her name
>get more pussy than you

a couple of shorts that came out like hot dogshit

jdimsa

wat

That is what I said

I'm an author with a pseudonym who has one or two semi succecful works out, who is making some bank compared to you

And is a lesbian.

I've even made a straight girl cheat once

OK kid

>there are lesbians who have seen more vaginas than I have
ENOUGH

>26 years old
>Failed filmmaker
Did you expect anything different?

You don't even know

Everyone sucks at the beginning OP. If it's not making you happy then maybe you should drop it, but if it's what you love then you should keep at it even if it's tough.

>that feel when you will never be a lesbian

I don't get it.

>collect dozens of films in a specific genre
>compare what works and what doesnt
>use as guide to make a movie

>you suck at making movies
Well, that can't be that bad.

Everyone sucks in the beginning, check out my first short (because I'm shilling it around the innanet tonight).

youtube.com/watch?v=qInlVSEKL-Y

It all takes time, senpai. Just keep working at it.

After Hillary wins we will usher the golden age of Islam into the United States inshallah. Convert now before it's too late brother.

You could get a job on a set and rake in that sweet union pay and benefits.

There's no point in not selling out. Movies aren't about art or stories any more.

Okay first thing.
Never use
>Is there any hope bros?
>bros
That word ever again.
You're never getting anywhere in life using that kind of language.

ok bro :^)

But music videos are and those need directors.

>filmmaker that needs suggestions of what to watch
This is why you stink. You should have an encyclopedic knowledge of movies.

I don't really know that specific feel as I'm pretty good at what I do, but I'll feel with you anyways.

We all have our own problems and fucked up shit inside.

exactly. it doesn't matter how much you suck, what matters is you keep sucking until you don't suck as much

>complaining that I missed out bad on losing my virginity, ALMOST had it, but got creepy afterwards
>girl sympathizes, she creeped on the first girl she fucked

>I'm stuck realizing that she's fucked more girls than me
>I'm alone
>so alone.

8 1/2
Cinema Paradiso

>le watching movies will make you a good director meme
stop this shit already. just watching movies doesn't teach you how to light a scene, direct actors, etc. you need to get your hands dirty to get even remotely good and it takes time and practice.

>26 year old failure

You havn't even started jackass
Wonder children are rare, most people don't succeed until they're older
Give up if you want to do something else or keep trying to hone it while finding something else

Tarantino directed Reservoir Dogs at 29.
Spielberg directed Duel at 25.
Orson Welles directed Citizen Kane at 26.

So? You aren't as good as them. Few people are, so either deal with it or cry like a pussy.

Reservoir Dogs is trash. Spielberg basically grew up in the business and had been making amateur movies since he was a child. Orson Welles was brought up on theater and had Gregg Toland, the best cinematographer alive at the time, do whatever the fuck he asked him to do. You should probably get better taste in film if you think Reservoir Dogs is even remotely good.

>You should probably get better taste in film if you think Reservoir Dogs is even remotely good.
Your other two points are solid but you completely shit the bed here. Why?

It's not enough to just say it's shit. Say WHY.

For example, (it's been a while since I watched it but hear me out) I think Reservoir Dogs is good for the same reason a lot of people do: It's got a really well-developed cast of asshole characters and it builds tension by telling the story in an unconventional narrative style. There's a lot to learn from it and it clearly shows the director's knowledge of film and his practical application.

Why don't you like it?

he's just memeing or he legitimately believes Sup Forums's bullshit

I can't tell which is worse.

This is Sup Forums and he's being contrarian desu.

reservoir dogs is way overrated

it's only interesting because of how unconventional it is.

What's going on here?

Watch your favorite movie OP and just remind yourself that you'll never make something close to it.

Citizen Kane, Do the Right Thing and Night and Fog in Japan.

I'm a 23 year old NEET who spends most of my time producing music and I'm not even very good

I know how to put feelings into music but I can't do the technical side of production for shit

the one thing I want to do in life is make a great album

Write

It's harder, but it's also better

If you can't make movies but still want to, you can make "intentionally bad movies." See Space Cop or any of the movies redlettermedia made. Basically, the idea is you incorporate your failures as a "joke," pretending that you suck on purpose in hopes that tricks people into thinking you're good.

Just keep at it and keep learning your DAW. Don't give up. Not everyone is madeon producing professionally at 16.

too ADD

Since 1>0 thats every lesbian

Just hire a narrator who can do a samuel jackson impression. And you'llbe swimming in dollars and pussies in no time

>Wonder children are rare
I didn't say they didn't exist.

>clearly shows the director's knowledge of film and his practical application
That's literally every film. There's nothing special going on direction wise in Reservoir Dogs. People like it because of the dialogue and entertainment value. I think Tarantino's dialogue is wildly overrated. You can tell how hard he tried to have edgy/quirky dialogue, I just hate how autistic the entire production is. It's like a child conceived of the idea. That being said, what people find admirable in Reservoir Dogs was redone in a better way in Pulp Fiction. Tarantino is the opposite of "serious", rigorous filmmaking - I really despise him and his films, he has done some decent things in his career, but he shits the bed in every one of his films. He tries to bring up serious themes in all of his films, but his style and application is antipathetic and at odds with being serious. He's the bastard child of satire and rigor, and he didn't inherit good qualities from either trait.

>There's a lot to learn from it
There's a lot to learn from every film or piece of art, that doesn't make it good. The technical side to a film can be learned in a week and "mastered" fairly quickly. I think a good artist is someone who is well-informed by art, life, and practical knowledge. To leave you with a quote from Stendhal: "It is from the other arts, in which I learned how to write."

>it's a janitors are cyberbullingy me episode

Definitely topical but it ain't gonna help you cope. This film did wonders to my hope for a good future. I love it, though.