It wasnt millions of dead russians, americans and british troops that won ww2

>it wasnt millions of dead russians, americans and british troops that won ww2
>it was this faggot and some slag that won ww2

it was actually, as per usual, winter that won WW2

had winter not fucked the stretched out nazis on the eastern front, the axis powers would have been successful

The defeat of Germany at large or just the defeat of Germany in France? Because the USA was by far the most instrumental country in the liberation of France, which (if you're French) is the most important thing.

>Breaking the ENIGMA code
>Not important
Would have been pretty difficult for the Americans and British to land in Normandy when they couldn't control their naval supply lines

>winter
>implying the russian spring and the endless fields of mud it produced didn't do more damage

Also you're forgetting the fact that the Nazi economy was a complete joke and their tanks were hilariously over-engineered and impossible to maintain.

It's more like gay civilian and women also served
>everyone wants glory
>can't share it with gay and women

Well someone else broke the code, they just had to figure out how to figure out the configuration before it was changed every day

>implying it wasn't X
>Implying it wasn't Y
>implying it wasn't Z

come on you guys it was a team effort okay, frick

instrumental because all the good troops were on the eastern front getting their shit pushed in by the russians

Too much drama not enough math or tech
Same with Theory of Everything and Man who knew infinity

Is it that hard to show math on screen?

an actual line from the film is how they decided who lived and died by acting on enigma intel.

1. that's false, because there were numerous occasions where german generals flat disobeyed orders (liberation of paris) or enigma intel was bullshit (market garden)

2. it lessens the efforts of millions of young men who fought and died in slit trenches across europe because THEY HAD GUNS, HE HAD BRAINS

didnt the polish intelligence agency break the code years before and he just expanded on their work?

It was the peasants of Russia who made the biggest sacrifice. But they would have sacrificed more without american manufacturing.

But yeah, the cracking of the enigma contributed. Why are you mad about it? umad? u butthurt? u jelly?

It's about honor. Honor is not shared by a team.

>polish intelligence agency

>hey general, it says here on this code machine that if the Germans lose 5,000,000 men and all their battles in Russia over the next 6 months they'll probably lose the war

True genius

so this is what hollywood movies do to your brain

Yeah but it was shit and useless after 1940

Ultra was a brilliant, brilliant thing. It sped up the end of the war by several years. The war was winnable without it but not without an even bigger death count. The reason it was winnable? Hitler was pretty damn incompetent.

>Choke at chance to invade the UK itself
>Crippled the Luftwaffe by sending them out to fight and bomb RAF on their home turf
>Barely invested in Large bombers for killing off major infrastructure
>Sent troops east to faceroll Russia with winter on the way
>Declined the advice of top military aides on certain key battles
>Was considered so shit by the Allies that they canceled assassination plans knowing his replacement would be experienced
>Seemingly failed to coordinate any naval offensives with Japan (not sure on this one)

>Seemingly failed to coordinate any naval offensives with Japan (not sure on this one)
Japan just did its own thing, I actually don't even understand what the fuck Germany even got out of that arrangement seeing as Japan flat out refused to fight the USSR after getting rekt in Mongolia

Yes, because you have to explain it to the audience because they most likely won't get it just by looking. Then it becomes a maths lesson instead of a movie.

God damn, Nazis were so stupid that they forgot about Winter. What a bunch of dummies.

>the russian winter starts in June
>russians are immune to winter
>winter killed or captured 5.2 million German soldiers in Western Europe
>winter planted a red flag above the Reichstag
>winter sunk the carriers at Midway

I wish someone would write a real book about the relationship between those two 'allies'. I dont know how much Japan could have realistically contributed to Germany (or vice versa), but they seem to have operated completely independent of one another. But thats just the perception, I've never read anything to prove that perception is true or false.

hitler wanted to end the war before winter because, ya know, napoleon. they actually almost did win it by the time winter arrived, operation barbarossa almost completely destroyed russia

There were a few submarine transfers of materials and the Indian Nationalist Bose, and a few German submarines ended up staying in Asia after the shipment as part of Monsoon Force

to tell you the truth WW2 was only won because of MY VERY OWN great-grandpa who fought his way into Berlin and sawed Hitler's head off before he could ignite the nukes over Washington D.C. so really all you slack-jawed faggots owe me a thank-you

>I actually don't even understand what the fuck Germany even got out of that arrangement
kept america busy

Only problem with that scenario is Russia wouldn't stop at Berlin.

IG at least built a machine that looks cool.
TOE is just a period drama but the computer voice synthesizer is a nice prop
MWKI is just s period drama

Either the Germans knew the UK and France would react the way they did to Poland and invaded too soon or they misread how the western allies would react and got too bold after Czechoslovakia etc.

If the Nazi's wait another year or two their military advantage over both the western allies and especially the USSR (Stalin was in full purge mode) would've only widened. France and the UK assumed Germany had no intentions of fighting another mess of a war and only started taking the war seriously when Belgium and the Netherlands got rolled.

kek

America had no reason to fight Germany at that point and public opinion was low for entering the war, all Japan being an ally did was hasten their entry

They might've wanted Japan as a naval buffer against North American interference in WW2. Maybe coincidental (probably not) but Australia became important to the Allies and Japan was pretty close by. No matter what the plan was, the naval capabilities of the US were critically underestimated.

it was actually, as per usual, weapons that won WW2

had weapons not fucked the stretched out nazis on the eastern front, the axis powers would have been succesful

They invaded Poland because the Poles couldn't help themselves with genociding ethnic Germans.

t. Abwehr

>russians are immune to winter

Wouldn't surprise me.

Shut up edgy shitlord

T. Pole

I guess only japs wrote about it in their moon rune

>hitler wanted to end the war before winter because, ya know, napoleon
People really need to re-read what they post before they post it.

Forgetting someone?

yes leaf, you were there too.

run along now, it's time to hibernate for the winter

look at the world around you user

fags and women did win WWII

but the good guys lost

Only Australians deserve honorable mention for both WW's. Leafs didn't do shit.

The dutch like them for a reason desu. Canada has fallen far but they used to be great.

>tfw the propaganda works

>Only Australians deserve honorable mention for both WW's. Leafs didn't do shit.

Pretty much this. ANZAC forces kicked ass in the Pacific and North African campaigns of WWII, and were a substantial presence in WWI against the t*rks as well.

Plus Lithgow SMLEs are awesome while Canada produced garbage Ross rifles that made the Russians look like competent engineers and manufacturers.

Didn't Canada somehow end up with the 4th largest army at the end of WW2?

Yeah if only we lived in a world where they send you to gas chambers because the local party chief doesn't like you.
Tell me, if you love totalitarianism so much, why don't you support Stalin too? He did similar shit and achieved more.

triggered, cuck?

I dunno but I wouldn't be surprised since they had the second biggest navy at the end. How far they have fallen.

>implying Russians are bad engineers
I'm teasing, of course Canadians contributed. But Australians and New Zealanders fought pretty well in both wars, and often in shitty conditions. If Commonwealth had elite troops, it would he them. Made me laugh how they adressed officers with "mate" instead of "sir" and had literally no discipline outside of combat.

No I'm just laughing at the mental gymnastics you have to pull off to convince yourself Stalin was different from Hitler and that one was better than the other.

Thanks for inventing the thing Im using to insult you right now, whatd that? A law to pardon you for being gay? That wouldn't be appropriate for Nazi Britain

>they produced more than countries who were constantly under bombardment

It's almost like being half the world away from the actual conflict zone helps

They still had about 19x the population and weren't under bombardment the entire time.

m8

I fucking hate these armchair historians.

well it's true, stupid poor people could die a hundred times over and make no difference but it takes intelligent upper class people to actually drive technology onwards