I don't get it

i don't get it
whats the appeal?

t. square

>whats the appeal

a fucking giant cube structure with traps that chop people up and shit

For art snobs it has levels of deliberate meaning that can be picked apart and interpreted.

For gore freaks it has some interesting death scenes.

For conspiracy jerks it has the "it was the gubmint all along" aspect.

For racists they can enjoy that the black guy is the raging psychopath who chimps out and literally becomes a deranged slasher villain by the end.

For the average Sup Forums troll they can laugh at the retard just 'tarding it up and the part when the old lady dies.

Leafs can like it because it was made in Canada and Leafs feel compelled to support Leaf-media.

the autistic person is the sole survivor. if you're posting on Sup Forums and don't like Cube, you don't belong here.

Don't forget: for sci-fi nerds it has Nicole de Boer and David Hewlett.

>i don't get it
>whats the appeal?
Kill yourself

It's stylish, creative, and entertaining

I enjoyed your post user.

constructed horror

It's the best fucking movie in the world when you're 8 years old, and since I was a borderline illiterate handsome little devil when it came out on dvd, this movie was absolutely amazing. The sequel was awful tho

>you're now realizing there were 2 sequels

it's got
FEAR PARANOIA
SUSPICION DESPERATION

>I was a borderline illiterate handsome little devil

I enjoyed them as well. I loved getting stoned as a teenager and watching hypercube

I spent the whole thing going "wow they made a film with only 3 small rooms as a set"

I'm watching this on Chill tv right now, kek.

>whats the appeal?
It appeals to those of us who enjoy watching Canadians get killed.

It's like Saw only good.

I cannot be the only one who used to think the black guy was Carl from Family Matters

It's actually funnier thinking it as Carl since the black guy in the movie is a cop too

For btfo'ing valvedrones who think Portal is original.

as a child i saw phone booth, it was a bad film but the intensity of a rat in a box, a whole experience in one long scene, thats alluring, even with (plethora) faults in it
started seeing some stage shows, some killer joe, sunset, and line reruns by local companies.
not stellar but i realize its a creative fetish of mine, this moment to moment intensity. Its profound without a nailbeater, concise and clipped, i dont understand it any better than you but i surely enjoy it.
my theory is i enjoy it because of the script hardline focus, but it could be the pace, they are both so under the gun in the genre, cube was a sampler that prepared me for things i didnt even know i wanted 7/10 (never seen a sequel, i know theres like 12)

The appeal is literally
>Oh cool a movie-length Twilight Zone episode.

Or I guess since it's Canadian,
>Oh cool a movie-length Outer Limits episode.

I love movies that take place in a single room (or something close to it). If you liked that aspect of this movie check out Circle and Exam.